Brookdale Glen Ellyn - Glen Ellyn, IL

Great place and wonderful tour. We especially liked the availability of medical personnel on the premises at the clinic. Brookdale is high on our list of facilities.

Review of Brookdale Glen Ellyn - Glen Ellyn, IL

Beautiful facility, professional, friendly staff. Wonderful menu selection. Physical therapy, physician and nurse on staff for residents. They had a piano, residents would play for the other residents.

My tour of the community

This looked like a nice clean community when I visited. The people I spoke to were friendly. They seem to offer some nice activities.

What a caring staff they have here

My mom is very happy here, she likes her room which is on the fifth floor where she has a great view of the wetlands from her window and just out her front door is a balcony overlooking a park. There are a lot of amenities for the residents to choose from and mom really enjoys the food and going to the dining room with the other residents plus she has started making friends. The grounds here are beautiful. The one thing that I think that makes this community so special is that the staff are so very caring, they love their work and their residents and it shows. A lot of them have been here for many years.

Very Accomidating

Moving to Brookdale Glen Ellyn was a great choice for me. They are very accommodating and they make sure you are comfortable. They go out of their way to help you out. They do an excellent job serving breakfast and dinner. They also have a little area that they serve sandwiches and pop throughout the day. It is a very clean environment. They come in once a month and clean the rooms carpet. They have a lot of activities for the residents such as different card games, movies, and other activities. There are nice outside areas to stretch your legs and get some fresh air. I have spoken to residents who have moved from other communities to Brookdale Glen Ellyn and they say this is a great community. I agree.

A tour for options

this was a nice tour for the care that we were wanting. We liked the friendly staff who were able to answer the questions that we had. The environment was clean and they offer a nice variety of healthy meal. Activities are offered for the residents who want to participate. We would recommend this community for care.

Tour Was Nice Overall

We toured this community for my sister, and her needs. Our tour went well for the most part. The staff was friendly, and kind. From what I saw the community looked nice, and well-kept. However I preferred a smaller community for my sister, and this one was a bit too large for us.

Love it so far. Going back on Monday to pick out mom's apartment. This is a hotel like atmosphere for seniors. I could not find one resident to say something negative. My husband and I interviewed passing residents. I really enjoy the fact that they have a pool that family members can use when they visit. This will make my son's feel like they are going to their grandmother's "vacation hotel" vs. a nursing home that also has some independent residents. These residents are still moving around and were not all sitting in a common area waiting for food. It was wonderful to see that. Hopefully our next visit will maintain this thinking that I have that this is a respected and mentally healthy community with regards to the residents as well as the staff and administration at Brookdale Glen Ellyn. Again, mom and I love what we have experienced this far. 🤗

Not the best layout!

Brookdale very nice, but I did not like the looks of it. It was more like a big hotel. My mother would have to go down to a room with a lot of mailboxes to get her mail and the halls were so long. The facility just did not feel personalized.

Not the Right Fit

My tour of this community was a nice one. The staff was pretty kind. The community looked well maintained. I just didn't feel this was the right fit for my mother, and her needs. I don't think they have enough activities for the residents. It wasn't going to be the right for my mother.

Very Nice And Clean Community

I schedule a tour of the community and saw that it was nice and clean. The person who showed me the place was on time and thorough with her answers. When I met with the staff they were nice and had good interaction with the residents. Based on it's location, it was not close enough for me.

Brookdale is wonderful

Love Brookdale, Glen Ellyn, IL.
Food and activities are wonderful. Sharon [Removed] is a wonderful representative. Ask for her and you will get all your questions and concerns addressed. Excellent senior living.

Looking for a place for your loved ones, Look no farther!

We had to find a great respite care facility for my Mom about 4 years ago due to a fractured hip and wrist. We looked at many facilities and eventually came to Brookdale located nearby.

As soon as we walked in the front door we knew that this was the place we wanted my Mom & Dad to live. The apartments were great and reminded us of home. The dining room was inviting and the food was great.

The staff is very friendly, comforting and dedicated.The business staff very professional and helpful.

The facility is well maintained, the activities were fun and they always had great entertainment for the residents.

They took exceptional care of my Mom & Dad and I would highly recommend this facility for anyone looking for care for their parent or parents. Great job Brookdale!!

Not a facility; but a new home for my mother and father

4 years ago my mother fell and broke her hip and my sister and I knew it was time to move them out of their condo.

Although a very hard decision, and after touring many places we chose Brookdale!

The facility is spotless and impeccably kept...hallways, elevators, dining and common areas. The staff is excellent and caring, and always there for whatever we needed.

Great job Brookdale staff.

Thanks for taking care of my mother and father!

We liked this place a lot!

When my husband and I toured this place, it was our top choice. We tried to find something we did not like but we couldn't! The place is clean and well maintained and all of the staff is very friendly and welcoming. The reason we did not choose it is because they did not have a memory care unit, and my mother was looking like she might need it soon at the time.

independent living at its best!

It was time for our Father to move out of his home.
A few years ago , we had our Father stay at Brookdale for a short term rehab over the winter months due to his hip replacement. He was well cared for, had three meals a day and we knew he was in safe care.
When it came time for our Father to sell his home, we did check other facilities but came back to Brookdale.
He now has a one bedroom apartment and can continue to live independently, Join in for breakfast and dinners , make new friends and in a beautiful atmosphere.
With any transition for the elderly, change can be challenging.
Over time , our Father is joining in the community events.
We feel very comfortable with our family decision.

A good tour!

The tour of this community went great. The staff really seem like the care and answered all questions for me. The community looked to be kept up really well. I would recommend this community to others.

Review of Brookdale Glen Ellyn - Glen Ellyn, IL

Great place! Liked it a lot. If they had 24-hour nurses on the assisted living floor they would have gotten 5 stars. Great staff and friendly residents that want their friends and family to move there as well.

I used a place for mom twice. When my dad got sick I planned on them moving to Colorado to be near me. We toured several requested facilities. Most of which I liked. One rubbed me wrong. My parents chose one and did a month stay while he recovered to see if they like it. They loved it. Fast forward two years to this fall and they were still in their house..... but shouldnt have been. I used place for mom again yo find the best fit in Chicagoland. Again they picked a place and have signed and are in process of moving in. Both advisors were wonderful and not pushy. It took two years from start to finish and I felt the advisors were supportive and didnt put pressure. I highly recommend A Place for Mom.

Recommended highly

It was Ok

Explained that she was not unhappy with the care of her loved one however their family member was unhappy but more because of wanting to be in independant living. Did stress was absolutely beautiful and she was satisfied with the place overall.

Things are going great!

Things are going great! We are very pleased with Brookdale. I would rate them highly give them five stars.

Nice place overall

I think Brookdale Glen Ellyn is a good place for seniors who are still somewhat independent. It is a nice place, and the staff are friendly. Unfortunately it did not end up working out for us here since our loved one needed 24 hour supervision. They are definitely worth a look for those families only needing more general assisted care, however!

beautiful place

We chose Brookdale Glen Ellyn because of the beautiful clean facility that it is. It really is a wonderful place as far as that goes. There have been a few things that have not quite met our expectations. There were a few things like towels, bath robes, etc. that we thought were included which we had to bring on our own.

As far as moms physical therapy, the schedule is inconsistent and she never knows what to expect and when, and that can be frustrating.

I enjoy myself very much, It's a nice place

I enjoy myself very much, It's a nice place, and I wouldn't want to go any place else. They are doing a very good job. It's clean and the staff is friendly, out of five I would give them a ten.

My brother lived at Brookdale Plaza (The Meadows) for 10 years. Brookdale offers many very nice amenities; things like the pool, dining services, resident activities, etc. However, the best and most outstanding feature is the wonderful staff. Over the years, my brother enjoyed the friendship of so many kind, warm hearted people from every department; people who went above and beyond to meet his needs. They not only cared for him, they sincerely cared about him.

Sharon was great on the pho...

Sharon was great on the phone but the person whom gave us the tour was horrible (Luisa). She was just there to show us and nothing else. She couldn't answer any of our questions and she was hard to understand. Not prepared at all. One of the laundry rooms on the 3rd floor smelled terrible 'sour'. The parking was full due to the sports games at the field near by. The rooms were old and not updated at all for a facility being 14 years of age.

Dogs only allowed on first ...

Dogs only allowed on first floor. No availability

It's pretty good.

It's pretty good. They keep it relatively clean ant the staff is mostly friendly. So far we don't have any major complaints. The activities were the main reason we chose them, they had some outings and just a little better activities than most.

Entrance fees make this a c...

Entrance fees make this a cost prohibitive option.

Parents liked the location,...

Parents liked the location, and apartments. Sharon was very friendly and helpful. My parents liked the Meadows enough to consider putting a deposit to hold an apartment. But since then changed their minds.

Newer facility. Pool area i...

Newer facility. Pool area is beautiful. Common areas spacious. Independent apartments have large closets and bathrooms. Location is near a park and walking distance from shopping. You pay the price for all this.

A nice place

If you are looking for a safe clean environment this is one of the best we saw. It was a nice looking place, and the staff were friendly and helpful. This was also a good area for our loved one as it was close to family and an area that she would recognize.

They have an assisted livin...

They have an assisted living transition in house, but it seems really big. I think I was just tired as it was the last of our visits. Clean, lots of people just hanging out on the first floor.

The Food is Superb.

Everyone I spoke with had nothing but good things to say about the Meadows. The people are really friendly. I just moved in this past week and so far I’m really happy. The food is excellent it’s absolutely superb, they don’t offer lunch but you can buy food from the café. The grounds are nice with shade, sun and chairs for people to enjoy. I have a wonderful view.

We met with Sharon and she provided i...

We met with Sharon and she provided i...

We met with Sharon and she provided info & tours of one-bedroom and studio. This is a nice place--had a very friendly, nice feeling. Nothing 'wrong' with it--the only drawback for us is the location. the cost will be about the cost of Cordia?, so, it may come down to a location preference.

Toured with staff. Noted as best food...

Toured with staff. Noted as best food around. Health care on site.

Did a tour with director. We really ...

Did a tour with director. We really liked the people, prices and layout.

Visited before Easter and loved this ...

Visited before Easter and loved this place. The people were wonderful!

The Meadows of Glen Ellyn offers all the conveniences and comforts of home. This beautiful community is the pride of Glen Ellyn. It’s next to a community park, close to golf courses and within walking distance of the restaurants and shopping on Roosevelt Road. Our extensive services and amenities give you everything you need to continue living life the way you want to. Tantalizing dining with a variety of menu choices, housekeeping, scheduled transportation and 24-hour staff availability are just a few conveniences designed to help you fully optimize your retirement years. At the Meadows of Glen Ellyn, there’s always something happening! We schedule a variety of planned group outings, educational programs, social events and just plain fun. Our goal is to give residents plenty of opportunities to be active and social, while respecting their desire for privacy.