Brookdale Northdale - Tampa, FL

Brookdale Northdale - Tampa, FL has yet not published prices.

Loved this facility. Clean, secure, and the Memory Care wing had an outside area that the residence could use freely that I liked. Nice home like feel to common areas.

We hit it off with [Removed] immediately. She was really informative and knowledgeable. The common areas are very clean, warm and inviting. The units are updated and located close to the common areas and dining room. There was some nice choices of activities.[Removed] raved about the food and we can come back and try it. We liked the size of the community; small and intimate. The location works well for us to be able to visit often. This one is definitely on our list!

She's making the choice to have a great time!

My mother-in-law is having a wonderful stay because she is making the choice to have a good stay. The facility is very clean and there are lots of activities to choose from. My mother-in-law is sure to get out and get moving on a regular basis, and the residents seem like a highly competent, very active group.

Helpful staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken at this community for my loved one. The staff where friendly and on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in great detail. They had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities for all of the residents. Overall it was just not the right fit in the end decision.

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints with how things are going for my mother so far at this community. The staff have all been wonderful and have helped accommodate her needs as well as make sure she is comfortable in her new living environment. She has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in some of the activities they have available. The place is very well maintained and always clean when I come to visit. Overall I am pleased and would recommend it to anyone.

Excellent ALF

It will be one of the most difficult decisions to find the right place to trust the care of your loved one. From the first time entering Brookdale Northdale, there is a sense of warmth and care for everyone and a sense of family. The residents are happy and satisfied and well cared for. I'm very happy I chose this assisted living!

Clean, welcoming and not too large. The whole facility was lovely with many quiet spaces to sit read or visit. The rooms were good sized, The dining room looked like any restaurant. Good outdoor spaces and activities.

Kind Tour

I toured this community for my father, and his needs. Everything went well overall. The community looked nice, and well maintained. The staff was informative, and my questions were answered. It was a nice experience, but not the community for us.

Parents are Happy Here

My parents are really loving their time here at this community. It is a really nice facility. My dad is impressed with the care they are receiving, he says it is the best care he has ever had. They have a great on site doctor. The meals are great, they are pleased with the food. They have really great activities available.My parents are happy at this community, and all is well.

Dad Was getting Good Care

It was good service for my dad. They provided a clean environment and my dad was getting good care from the staff. It was a very good experience.

The staff are great!!

The meals at Brookdale Northdale are beautiful and the chef is great. The community is kept very clean. My dad is doing good since moving into this community and I would recommend it to family and friends.

Very friendly staff and the facility is in the process of being completely redone - new paint, carpet, etc.

Look no further!

Brookdale North Dale is an amazing facility run by the most competent and caring people. Our Dad resided in memory care for 2+ months and we credit the staff for helping to ensure his subsequent safe and happy return to his family in New York. Brookdale has our forever gratitude and we highly recommend this facility to families in search of excellent care for their loved ones.

Review of Brookdale Northdale - Tampa, FL

Does not do catheter care

Review of Brookdale Northdale - Tampa, FL

Having lunch with my mom there today Weds. 2 24 2016 at 11 . There will be a facelift to the common areas and it was a very pleasant design and organized. Enjoyed my tour on Sat 2 20 16. The room we saw was a studio and just a little bigger than those at Elmcroft which were too small. Nice dining room and music was ongoing as we visited. Two central garden areas that could be spruced up some but it is winter. Maybe all the grounds will be updated with the renovation to come. Looking forward to todays visit with mom. Was wondering if the people there are stimulating to match my moms personality.

Friendly

I really just took a quick tour of the Brookdale Northdale facility, but from what I saw initially about the place is that it is a somewhat decent place to live. I know that the staff was definitely very friendly.

Everything Is Done Well

Overall, I think that everything has been done very well. Their follow-up is done very well. They are very responsive when I have questions or concerns. My loved one also loves the activities that they have.

Five-Stars Overall

Overall, we are jut very happy with the facility that my loved one is currently staying. Brookdale Northdale gets a five-star overall rating and many of the sub-categories get a five-star rating as well.

I spent over 5 hours at BROOKDALE with my 91 year old Aunt. She attended the activities and I observed from across the room. I was very impressed as they had about 19 women and just 2 men in the room. They played games, sang songs, with the piano player and had pie and were offered a glass of wine. They all seemed to be having a really great time. My Aunt went to lunch with 3 of the residents and had a wonderful time. The food was great she said including a sugar free cake.The cook even visited the tables and ask for feedback on the food.I have not seen her this happy in quite some time. That afternoon she was asking what furniture she could take their and said she thought she would like it. I live in Virginia and was staying in a Motel. The next day when I went to her step son's house where she is living she had a change of heart. I feel that they had convinced her that she did not want to move as she has 2 little dogs that are not house broken so they can not go with her. They do not have time for her and she is alone all day and most evening. She talks terrible about them and is not a happy person. I was very upset about this and the next day I went back to Brookdale and Rita and Liz spent about an hour with me trying to make me feel better and explain how we might make it work down the road. I could not ask for more kind and compassionate staff members than they were. I still hope and pray that my Aunt will have a change of heart and go there to live in peace and harmony. They had a problem with a bad rain that did some damage and they are in the process of remodeling some rooms that were damaged and re-carpeting the entire area.I found it to be very neat and clean even with this going on.

They are very good. So far we don't have any concerns.

They are very good. So far we don't have any concerns. He seems to like the food. I don't really have anything I would like to see them improve or do better at this point.

Not a Happy Customer

In the beginning they will treat your loved ones like royalty. When they have them feeling comfortable with their surroundings, then they start changing things. They want you to use their prescription plan and doctor and if you don't then they will increase your level of care charge. They must get kickbacks for the doctor and the pharmacy. We were told my mom could have her little dog with her there. After increasing the level of care, they are now saying they will charge $20 a day to care for the dog. The dog was recently at the vet for a yearly check up - weight same, healthy, all good. I was told my mom doesn't feed, water or walk the dog. When I got there on Saturday, I was told she had already had the dog out 3 times by noon. Everyone that is at the facility loves the dog and everyone knows how a dog helps in nursing homes. Everyone wants to pet him and talk to him. He's like a little celebrity. I would be cautious on going there, I am now going to have to move my mother and get her familiar with other surroundings. The upper management should have as much compassion as the employees and quit trying to rip off the elderly. Bear in mind my mom is still mobile. She has a walker and walks everyday. If I were to take the dog from her at this point, she would likely die. Wish I would have realized this before I moved her in. Oh and I tried to have a meeting with the executive director on a Saturday as I drive from Georgia to Tampa every weekend and was told she doesn't work on weekends but would meet me Monday - Friday. I lived in Georgia when my mom entered the facility and was told this wouldn't be a problem. They should practice customer service and realize that we are the customer.

Very Nice

It’s very nice. The staff seems to be well trained, however it is quite expensive and you need to search around for different facilities, unless you have. The staff is very cooperative and they seem to go out of their way to help you.

Not for Memory Care

For regular assisted living facility they’re okay, but for memory care they suck. Their primary interest is money. For memory care the food … they just bring it out, set it down, and hope people eat it. The parking is okay. The medication management was not good.

Improved

The care services have gotten better since we first started. The food’s good. I haven’t had any trouble finding parking. The laundry service would be a four. They have some very beautiful courtyards for residents to use.

Still considering this loca...

Still considering this location

I like this one

I like this one

We liked it, we were going to move in, but it didn't work out.

It was nice, clean, the staff were friendly. We liked it, we were going to move in, but it didn't work out. It ended on a good note though.

Very nice looking community!

We toured this facility when we were looking into care options for our loved one. We were very impressed by what we saw here, it was a gorgeous facility! The staff were all very friendly and helpful, and looked like they provided great care. However it ended up being out of our price range after the additional care expenses were tacked on to the price.

For Advanced Dementia

I didn't care for because it was too quiet. It's for a lot of patients that have advanced dementia. There weren't enough activities to keep them full of life.

Had tour today. I was show...

Had tour today. I was shown both the assisted living and memory care areas. I was told my mother would be evaluated to be able to tell me what section would be right for her. My sister thinks my mother may need a skilled nursing facility.

I really did not like this place much...

I really did not like this place much at all. It felt like stereotypical nursing home where you just stay until you die. Also the room where very small.

Assisted living only. No skilled beds

Assisted living only. No skilled beds

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an BrookdaleSenior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system