Elmcroft of Carrollwood - Tampa, FL

Only had one female bed available

Go elsewhere..............................for the best!!

My father is at this facility and is going to be leaving due to the unsanitary conditions & other issues. For 2 weeks in December, the residents were confined to their rooms due to an outbreak of a virus and rampant diarrhea among the residents. The outbreak started in the nursing home section & spread to the ALF, concluding that the employees spread the virus by not cleaning their hands. Employees noted of having the same gloves on from one room to the next when they should be changed. My father was suppose to have a shower yesterday but the person did not show up to work. He is suppose to have 2 showers a week & had ZERO in the past 8 days. Genital area red & dandruff. Carpet is nasty in the room & smells. Toxic Glade plug-ins used in facility. Father incontinent & has been found laying in soaked clothes & bed for hours. Medication not given in timely manner. Father ended up in hospital due to [Removed] severe UTI with blood. Sad.

The facility seemed clean and well maintained. The shortcomings are the size of the Memory Care area (too small), and the size of outdoor area (too small). Also, all they had left were shared suites, as they only have one private room which was occupied.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback. Our top priority is the well being of our residents. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us. We regret you did not fully experience the Elmcroft difference during your visit.  Please know we truly value your comments.

Elmcroft became like home

Elmcroft has the perfect layout for assisted living. It's one story, the hallway goes in a circle, with a beautiful outdoor garden in the center. Mother was very happy there. The staff was caring and became like family. [Removed], the Executive Director, is amazing and treats everyone like family. [Removed] the activities director, was energetic, caring and friendly. Alma was one of Mom's favorite staff members. Elmcroft became like home. Many groups visit, including church and school groups. Nice entertainment on Family Nights as well, and the ice cream parlor is precious! This was a lovely place for Mom to live.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

Recommended for care

We toured this community. The staff was very nice and caring. The community is clean. They have a nice library and the community is beautiful. The other residents were nice and friendly and were happy to be there for the good care. The variety of meals are appealing and the activities are offered to the residents that want to participate. We would recommend this community for other families for the care of a loved one.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us.

Nice Facility

This facility stood out for its' layout of one floor around a courtyard; its' cleanliness; and its' updated, homey feel. Staff are also friendly. There's a nice lobby area, library, activities room, screened back porch, front porch with pretty seating, bistro and good outdoor space. Mother says food and laundry service are outstanding. Others also said there was no nickel & diming that comparable facilities added. Administrator and Community Relations Director were involved and professional.

Didn't give five stars, as medications are not delivered at consistent times, and activities could be more varied.

Overall, a good value compared to other ALFs. Seems safe, and they have created a pleasant atmosphere.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Nice day for a walk!

I did like this place, but they were always shorthanded and that was not good for the residents care. The people that are there are super friendly and helpful even though there is a few. They have a beautiful courtyard that they take the residents out for fresh air.

Megan Strothman

We have reviewed your specific concerns with our regional and community management teams. We thank you for your feedback, as it is paramount to helping us better serve our residents and their families.

Need a remodel!

I did not like the way this community looked just from pulling up. The place immediately screamed institution. It looked like a warehouse. The place just did not seem homely at all and not somewhere I would send my loved one to. The staff was nice though.

Beautiful facility, friendly staff, lovely rooms. Residents seem very happy to be there.

Things are good at this community!

The staff at Elmcroft of Carrollwood are friendly and willing to work with you. The community is clean and well taken care of. My husband is getting along pretty good and we would recommend this community.

A positive review of Grettel as a Med Tech

I live here and want to recognize med tech, Grettel, for being very observant of the residents. For example she came into my room with my nightly meds and noticed my legs needed moisturizer and returned from her cart to assist with my legs. This is one example of how she observes the residents and treats us well!

Companion Room

Everything is clean... I love that everyone is nice to me and the staff are nice when helping me. I have lived here for about 7 months and have a great roommate that shares in my life. The room is perfect for the both of us, and she is really good to get along with.

Review of Elmcroft of Carrollwood - Tampa, FL

Great reception area. Liked the locked front door and was received in a gracious manner. Wonderful tour nice center area for outside garden area. Liked the layout inside bright and easy. Staff were wonderful and huggy and gave good eye contact. Seemed to genuinely warm to the patients. I can only hope this was sincere. The studio I saw was too dark small. Really want mom in a one bedroom as she is coming from a large home and needs her privacy but not confinement. Liked this place a lot. Will be going back for a visit hopefully today (weds.) with my mom and speak with Cindy to see available rooms.

excellent facility

This place is awesome. My mom fell and broke her hip at another facility and when she came here and had an emergency they were on the job immediately. She was in the ambulance quick and was at the hospital in 5 minutes. They called me right away when this occurred. They are so excellent here. My mom is thrilled to be there.

outstanding

The staff at Elmcroft of Carrollwood is outstanding. Shawn, the director, is fabulous. He is very attentive and willing to work with the needs of the family, and willing to bend over backwards to make it work. My mom has been in other facilities, and this one is by far the best, largely because of the leadership of the director.

Not bad from what we saw!

We weren't there very long but the facility and staff were great from what we experienced.

We have been very happy with our decision..

We have been very happy with our decision. We found them to be very friendly. The facility is very clean. Very It's well run. The room situation is very good. I really like the way the rooms are laid out. The way that they serve is very nice. They have a nice dining room area. They have wine twice a week which makes my mother in law happy. It has been a very good experience at the Elmcroft. We are very pleased.

Things are going well here

We're very pleased by how things have gone at Elmcroft of Carrollwood. The people here are friendly and professional, and they've been very accommodating regarding any requests or suggestions we've had. Everything is going fine, and I would recommend them to anyone looking into care in the area.

Nice place, overall

Overall Elmcroft of Carrollwood is a nice place, but I do think there are a few areas they could work on. The facility itself and the apartments are both nice looking and well kept, and the staff and residents all seem friendly. However, they recently went through a change of management and things still seem a bit rocky for the administration. I feel like they could have done a lot more to make the billing and move-in process clearer, I felt like I was on my own for a lot of that process.

no alert availability other...

no alert availability other than in room

Very nice place, overall

Overall we've had a good experience with Elmcroft of Carrollwood. There have been a few issues we've had to work through since he moved in, having to do with the specifics of his needs and level of memory care. However, they've been very accommodating and communicative in working these out with me, and I appreciate the service.

highly rated

My loved one is there so I’d have to rate it high. I like the director. He seems to be very open minded and working for the betterment of everything there. If they lose him I think they’ll be in a world of hurt. The Location was good. Appearance is excellent. They need to something about security.

We are happy with them, they are very clean.

We are happy with them, they are very clean. The staff are really friendly. Mom is in the memory care unit, and the staff is always close by in case there is a conflict between the residents, someone is nearby to intervene. The executive director is always out interacting with the residents. The food is good too, the plates always get cleaned!

Shared Rooms very small

Shared Rooms very small

Was not impressed

I toured this location when I was looking into options for a loved one. I was not impressed by what I saw here. They did not have a marketing person available to show me around, so I was given by tour by one of the housekeeping staff. It just seem worn down, it wasn't clean and the carpets were old. I also was not a fan of the layout of the rooms or the grounds themselves.

We are not in the same state so the communication was lacking, that needs to be improved.

I think they could have done more. No one informed us when he was refusing his medication. We are not in the same the state so the communication was lacking, that needs to be improved. I would like someone to call me when something out of norm happens. They told us they would take them once a week or so on day trips, we didn't find that was happening as often as they made it sound, but they do some thing like bingo and card games and such there. The food is excellent, he does like food. The facilities and the staff, the openness to help were reasons we chose them. I saw that they were interested in seeing how they could help and make things easier, the impression I got was a little deceiving especially when it comes to communication.

Like A Lot!

They have been there for two weeks, and I like the staff and the cleanness. They are just very friendly, very attentive. I like it a lot. I just went to a Christmas program that they had for them. They got them all dressed up and invited families to participate. They feel involved already, and I enjoy that they get to interact with other people and, use that brain!

Mom liked it ver much. She ...

Mom liked it ver much. She did not like shared bath in Vitality suite. She liked the studio with its own bath. She has $2600 monthly but cost was $2940.

Everyone knows everybody, it's like a family here

We liked the idea of a companion room. They offer companion rooms at Elmcroft of Carrollwood, they are significantly larger then rooms we saw at other facilities. We saw about six facilities in the area and called several more. The tour guide at Elmcroft was empathetic and very helpful which we really appreciated. From the initial interview they made our loved one feel right at home. Affordability was another deciding factor, some places we saw charged $1000 more a month. Elmcroft also has Alzheimer's Care should that level of care be needed, it was important we found a place that offered Memory Care. (Cannot rate the activities just yet.)

Elmcroft at Carrollwood is a single story community that located on 6 acres of beautifully landscaped land with opened courtyards and is adjacent to one of Tampa’s wetland and conservation area. This community offers affordable luxury, and is just moments from the abundant conveniences of the Greater Carrollwood, Northdale & Lake Magdalene neighborhoods … with major Shopping areas, Restaurants, Grocery Stores & Post Office just minutes from your driveway. With easy access to I-275, the Veterans Expressway, and the Tampa International Airport… this community is certainly a place to call “Home”. We are a Resident –Centric Environment ( Neighborhood feel-non Institutional) We have restaurant style dining- (three chef quality meals daily). We offer complimentary transportation to scheduled destinations. Daily living visiting physician, podiatrist, dentist housekeeping and laundry. Variety of recreational & vitality programs
wellness program Physical/Occupational/ and Pet Therapy, along with onsite partnerships with Home health and Hospice. Onsite salon onsite various religious organizations that will accommodate any denomination. Pet Friendly community.