Belvedere Commons of Tampa - Tampa, FL

Very nice and clean facility. Small, only about 30 residence. Strictly memory care facility. Lots of low functions and hospice residence. Not a good fit for my grandmother.

The facility seemed clean and well maintained. The Director was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The only shortcoming was the fact that the outdoor area was kept locked and only opened by staff; however, the explanation seemed logical.

Super staff!

Me and my loved one was able to take a tour. The staff here is really, really nice and encouraging. The program that they offered for my loved one was to extensive for her. It just did not provide what my loved one needed. They do call and check in on us from time to time.

Very Pleased With This Community

I'am very pleased with everything this community has done for us. My wife is doing very well here, they are taking very good care of her. They offer wonderful activities through out the day. The staff is outstanding with all the help they provide. The food is pretty good. The community is very close to me, so if anything happen I can get there right away. I know she is safe and receiving great care. I would recommend this facility.

Couldn't Be Happier !

This has been an exceptional experience for my wife and I. I am very impressed with everything here and the staff is just great. The grounds look very nice and the facility is very clean. What impressed me as well is the way the staff goes out of their way to be kind to the residents. They are really interactive with the residents and very helpful. I couldn't be happier with this community. I would not have found this place without the assistance from A Place for Mom. I would highly recommend this community to anyone looking for a Memory Care facility.

No Improvements

There is nothing that immediately comes to mind that the Belvedere Commons of Tampa could improve upon. It is an excellent, five - star facility. I was really looking for someone to take care of my loved one.

Everyone I met was extremely friendly and helpful. I toured the facility and was pleased with what I saw. It was bright, clean and the ratio of staff to resident much lower than in larger facilities. Everyone is very caring and involved with the residents. I moved my mom there 3 weeks ago and, so far, am pleased. She seems more alert and I don't find her staring at walls or sleeping all the time!

NO.......look elsewhere.......

Way too few staff members for the level of care required by the residents of Belvedere Commons. The most staff that I have seen at one time is four and they are required not only to provide care for the residents, but also answer the phone, open the front door for visitors, take care of administrative duties, clean, manage the activities and who knows what else goes on behind the visitors eye. The food is absolute garbage; don't count on your loved one being provided with wholesome, nuritious meals. In a memory care facility where the resident is not always able to express their needs, I feel it imperative to have regularly scheduled meetings with a family member. Discussions concerning the observations of the staff about the daily activities or behavior of the resident are crucial to the family member to know what is going on when they are not there. It is very difficult to get a clear indication as to what is expected of the family member to actually provide for the resident and what the facility provides; the reply changes depending on which staff member you speak with. On the plus side, from what we have observed it is a clean facility. It is very difficult to find the right type of memory care facility and if you are ok with just dropping off your loved one in a place that provides less than average care, Belvedere Commons is the place. I would have expected a dedicated memory care facility to be an example as to the care and nurturing required for residents that have lost their mental capabilities, but that is not the case here. Unfortunately this is the type of facility that as a society we think of as a Medicaid facility, but for the family that is spending their hard earned savings to try to get the best care for their loved one, this is not the place.

This wasn't the place for us. As soon as I walked up there was a noticeable odor, and it was present all through the facility. It was also concerning that they had over thirty residents, and I didn't see a single one during my tour.

Entrance Fee

It was fine, but there was a high entrance fee to get in.