Brookdale Longmont - Longmont, CO

Brookdale Longmont - Longmont, CO has yet not published prices.

My experience

This community looked well taken care of when I visited. The people I met were nice. This community does seem to offer a lot of nice amenities. This community does not accept medicaid.

A Very Comfortable Community

My mom is settling in, doing quite well, and she is happy. My sister and brother pick her up often to take her out. They say all the staff are nice when they visit. My mom says the food is wonderful. She eats her meals restaurant style and she sit with the same people. It was nearby to my siblings and it is a smaller community. We thought she would be more comfortable in a smaller community. We have not had any problem yet.

A place for care

I am very happy with this community. The staff is attentive to her needs. The menu is acceptable but might need small improvements. They do offer a good a lot of different activities for her to stay active that she is enjoying. We would recommend the care of this community to other families.

Care for dad

I am very happy with the care that my father is getting in this nice community. The staff are nice and always helpful to his needs. The community is clean and the meals are appealing and he is pleased with the nice variety. I am happy to see my father involced with the activities that are offered. We would recommend this community to other families for the care and the value that is received here.

This facility was a little too low key for my mom.
Talked to 3 residents and they just didn't seem too excited about the place. They said it was just ok. The facility itself was very nice.

Very Disappointed

My dad needed to be in the facility for fourteen days because I was going out of the country for a couple days. So they assessed him and told me he could be in the assisted living environment and didn't need to be in the dementia unit. He was there for 3 days, then my dad walked away from the facility and he fell on the sidewalk, and when they brought him back they transferred him to the dementia facility in Loveland. He was there just one day and his cabinet fell on him. Then they transferred him to the rehab facility in Boulder. When I left he was very healthy and when I got back he looked like a skeleton. Very disappointed with Brookdale.

Comfortable

They took care of all of my husbands needs. The nurses were very good at making him feel comfortable. The facility was very clean. There were no odors. Everyone was very friendly. The other residents seemed very happy. I can't rate the activities because my husband didn't participate in them. I would recommend the Sterling House of Longmont. It was a great experience. Everything went very good. We had no issues.

Reality does not match expectation based on staff communication.

The facility was clean and comfortable. We had problems with the staff determining the level of care my mother needed. She was isolated in her room far from dining room and activities. When we had to remove her to the hospital for treatment and rehab, the staff said it was our fault that she did not get the care she needed because we would not pay. We were never advised she needed more care. They are the supposed experts.

They really have an individualized ty...

They really have an individualized type of care. Coming from such a large and elaborate place, this small and personalized community is perfect! The staff are all so sweet and loving! This place is very clean and there's no chemical smells - they're not covering anything up. It's a very simple and country style type of living, and it's very home-like. We are so pleased!

Overall very happy with them

We have been very happy with them overall. It's very clean, and the staff is very friendly. We have not experienced any issues or anything. This has been a good experience, overwhelming, but good. There are no problems or things that could be improved that I can think of.

Staff was very warm and wel...

Staff was very warm and welcoming. We liked the sun room and courtyard.

I Know My Husband Is Being Cared For

I don't think their housekeeping is that great. Nobody seems to be in charge of the housekeeping but in terms of making my husband happy, doing things that are interesting, and taking good care of him physically it's all good. He loves it there. I think it's expensive but it's certainly not as expensive as some of the other places I checked out. I think they probably have to charge that much.

My husband was in a nursing home before and he was becoming so sad and dependent. He's really perked up at Sterling House. I think it was the answer to my prayers. I am really able to relax because I know that he's being taken care of.

Brookdale Longmont is an assisted living community in Longmont, Colorado. Longmont is a thriving city near Boulder and serves as a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. Our community, near McIntosh Lake, is ideally located near some of the finest restaurants and shopping in Longmont. The city offers its residents a high quality of life and an abundance of cultural opportunities, including the Longmont Symphony, Doughtery Museum and Longmont Museum and Cultural Center.

At Brookdale Longmont, we offer a perfect combination of assistance and independence in a home-like environment. Residents enjoy spacious private apartment homes and several common areas for entertaining and visiting. Our community promotes individuality, and our staff work closely with residents to develop personal care plans that are regularly reviewed to meet care need changes.

Brookdale Longmont offers extensive services and amenities, including:

Outdoor walking paths and courtyard
Sunroom for year-round enjoyment
Outdoor gardening area with raised beds
Pet-friendly living
Housekeeping, laundry and linen services
Scheduled transportation services
On-site beauty salon and barber shop