We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Dentist Available
The beautiful Balfour Retirement Community is located in Louisville, CO and is in the true heart of the city. This gorgeous senior living community is the ideal spot for seniors to live when it comes to being in a safe, secure and incredibly active environment. Seniors who buy homes in this community have found that it is one of the best ways for them to spend their retirement. Seniors will be able to remain active and healthy making use of the variety of different amenities that we have available to them on a constant basis. From our indoor gym to our beautiful pool, seniors can spend their twilight years being active, healthy and incredibly happy. Another key benefit to making use of Balfour Retirement Community and buying a home in our village is because we have daily bus transportation available to any one of our many residents. This means that you can be living independently on your own without having to rely on friends and loved ones when it comes to simply running errands or going to the local grocery store. As you can see, this is why Balfour Retirement Community is one of the best choices for seniors in the area. Keeping your privacy and independence is very important to you and we completely understand this, and this is why we offer a number of different style homes and facilities so that you can choose the right one for you when it comes to your own senior living spot.
Louisville, CO is a relatively small city that covers 8.09 square miles. The population density is roughly 2,607 people per square mile. This quaint city has a relatively low walkability score, which means that residents will want to drive to get to places. The city offers beautiful warm weather for most of the year that can accommodate outdoor activities. There are plenty of senior housing facilities and veterans facilities in the city and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Walkability Score: The walkscore for Louisville, CO is 38. The city is not quite walkable, and most errands will require a car or some other means of transportation.
- Average Age: In 2014, the population size reached 20,112. The median resident age was 42.9.
- # of Senior Housing Facilities: There are around nine senior housing facilities, including Balfour Senior Living, in Louisville, but there are many additional options in neighboring cities. Rates start from approximately $1,310 and go up to $4,767.
- Average Weather: There are 3.1 months in the warm season and 3.5 months in the cold season. Daily temperatures range from 21 to 88 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the year. It rarely dips below 5 degrees Fahrenheit and rarely goes above 96 degrees Fahrenheit. It's partly cloudy year round, although residents can also expect a lot of warm, sunny days.
- Veterans Facilities: There are a couple of veteran's facilities in the area, including the American Legion.
Getting around in the city is easy with all the transportation services offered. Many public transportation services provide discount fares to all seniors. There are also many taxi companies available for when public transit stops running. Residents can also enjoy many ridesharing services.
- Buses: The Regional Transportation District, RTD, offers residents more than 170 bus routes that go everywhere in the city. Discount fares are available for all seniors above the age of 65.
- Trains: There are over nine rail lines that connect Louisville, CO with many other major cities.
- Taxis: There are plenty of taxi companies in the city. The most popular ones are Boulder Taxi and DIA Taxi Service.
- Rideshares: Uber and Lyft both operate in Louisville.
Health and Safety
Louisville, CO is one of the safest cities in the U.S. Residents can feel safe even when walking home at night. The city also has plenty of hospitals and medical centers.
- Hospitals: There are many hospitals in Louisville and the surrounding cities. The major options include Centennial Peaks Hospital and Avista Adventist Hospital.
- Crime Rate: Louisville, CO is safer than 86% of all other U.S. cities. It has a crime rate of 0.78 per 1,000 residents. Annually, approximately 115 property crimes and 16 violent crimes are reported.
Sports and Leisure
Stay active and fit with all the wonderful recreational centers and facilities in Louisville, CO. There are plenty of places to practice sports and enjoy other leisure activities. Work out independently or with a large group.
- Golf Courses: There are quite a few golf courses in Louisville and in the surrounding cities. The main golf course in Louisville, with 18-hole and 9-hole courses, is Coal Greek Golf Course. Senior discounts are offered to 60 years of age or older.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs: Play tennis at several tennis courts in Louisville and in surrounding cities. The CVTA (Centennial Valley) in Louisville and the Louisville Recreation and Senior Center are both excellent places to play.
- Gyms: Stay fit by joining a fitness class at Snap Fitness or JumpNRope Gym. There are plenty of senior friendly classes and activities available. It's easy to join groups of like-minded seniors.
- Fields Nearby: Play a game of baseball at the Louisville Sports Complex. There's a large baseball diamond that's available to the public.
Shopping and Entertainment
There's never a dull moment in Louisville, CO. While small, the city is filled with activities. There are plenty of shopping malls, grocery stores, restaurants, movies theaters, libraries, and other attractions around. Just outside of the city, there's also lots to do. As the city hosts many events throughout the year, it's hard not to be busy. Those who put their minds to it will definitely find something worthwhile to do.
- Clothes Shopping: Buy a change of clothes and stay up to date with new fashion trends at Village Shops at Colony Square, Louisville Plaza, or State Mercantile. Find many additional shopping malls in nearby cities.
- Grocery Stores: Buy fresh groceries at King Soopers, Alfalfa's Market Louisville, and Safeway. There are also plenty of small grocery store establishments around with unique products.
- Other Restaurants: Enjoy some of the best surf n' turf available at 740 Front Restaurant, and grab a delicious breakfast with the family at The Huckleberry. Via Toscana gives diners a wonderful Tuscan dining experience with great deals offered during Happy Hour.
- Movie Theaters: Watch a movie at Cinebarre Boulder 11. There are many showtimes for newly-released Hollywood movies.
- Libraries: Borrow a book to read during rainy days or whenever there's free time available at Louisville Public Library Central Library.
- Attractions: There are plenty of places to go fishing, hiking, and to enjoy an array of outdoor activities. Try the Rocky's Flat National Wildlife Refuge, Waneka Lake Park, Flatirons Vista, and Davidson Mesa. The Louisville Farmer's Market is also a fun place to go. Residents can also learn more about the history of Louisville from the Louisville Historical Museum.
Regardless of one's religion, there will always be a place of worship available either in Louisville or in the surrounding cities. Easily find and join prayer groups or other religious events nearby.
- Religious Facilities: Go to church at the Ascent Community Church, Rock Creek Church, or Louisville United Methodist. There's also plenty of places of worship for other religions just outside the city, such as the Denver Buddhist Temple in Denver, CO.