Brookdale Lakeshore - Waco, TX

Brookdale Lakeshore - Waco, TX has yet not published prices.

First place we visited. The person giving the tour was very nice and knowledgable. The rooms were average. Courtyard was pleasant and they have a nice garden room and lots of activities.

Enjoyable tour!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken at this community. The staff where all friendly and made sure to accommodate our needs as best as they could possibly could. They had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right fit in the end decision.

A positive experience

I had a great experience with my respite stay at this community. The staff were nice. They offer some interesting activities including a movie afternoon in the mini auditorium. The food was good, nourishing and they offer good portions. They keep the community clean. I would recommend this community and I have even considered moving in there myself one day.

Care for family

I am happy with the care at this nice community. The staff are outstanding. The menu is wonderful and they care about what the residents are wanting. The activies are offer and she is participating. We would highly recommend this community for the excellent care and the good value for the care of a loved one.

A very good week!

Mine was a very enjoyable time in assisted care. I stayed only a week, but was very happy with the experience.

I could not keep up with all the provided opportunities. The ones I attended were very good.

The food was great. The choices were attractive. All was tasty and healthy.

I found all the staff and other people to be very friendly and helpful.

Nothing but good things to say!

From the first time we toured the Brookdale Lakeshore, we knew it was a good fit for my grandmother. The meals are great, and she loves to join in the activities. She is currently doing an exercise program. Everyone is very friendly there. What we really liked is that it's a smaller place, so it's easier for her to get to know her surroundings.

Clean, fresh. No memory care unit. 8 mins from house. Square with interior courtyard. Keypad entry would prevent wandering. Can do med mgmt, extra charge. Would need own furniture. Move out if bedridden. Convivial residents.

Seemed like a nice place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We didn't end up placing our loved one here, but they are definitely a nice place and worth a look!

Review of Brookdale Lakeshore-Waco, TX

During our visit we only saw one resident. I don’t know if all others were in their rooms. It seemed home like, but small. The smaller size would be an advantage in some ways. The smell wasn’t necessarily fresh and clean. Not many daily activities seemed to be offered.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. We have passed along your feedback to our management team for review.

not dis satisfied with the experience but we had to work harder

Brookdale Lakeshore is going okay. They are struggling with consistent shower times. We also had a mix up with the medication being sent to the wrong place. My sisters had to stay on top of things to get things worked through. That has been a little scary. They had a new nurse and that was a big reason for the confusion. We are not dis satisfied with the experience but we had to work harder than we should have. Overall it is a nice facility.

Some Improvements

Well, there could be a little more improvement in the activities department, they could have a higher number of activities going on. Also with communication, just letting everyone know what is going on.

Had a tour of entire campus. Walking in, a very pleasant, calming smell odor. Smiles on residents faces. Meal was being served and smell was wonderful! Beautifully decorated inside. A little more pricey than I wanted, but may be going rate now. Beautiful sun room with access to outside walking, flower garden. Game room separate from all other visiting. Visiting area arranged into small groupings so conversations could be private, acoustics pleasing! Separate "theater room" with pop corn machine. Dining Room, beautiful. Many "nurses" assisting residents as needed. Clean, clean, clean. Doors lock with key pad. but codes given to those that are responsible. pets allowed.

mom is happy there

The staff have been really nice at Brookdale Lakeshore. My mom is happy there. The staff take real good care of her. They keep her busy with activities. Every time I have been to visit everything is really good.

Looked like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This place looked very nice overall. It was a nice clean facility, and the staff all seemed friendly and helpful. In the end we decided another facility we toured would probably be a better fit.

Pretty Well Pleased Overall

My mother has only been there not even 2 months. I have some issues but they're pretty good about taking care of them. Overall I'm pretty well pleased with it.

It's all expensive. I don't think it's worth that kind of money but I know they all charge that much. A lot of the time my mother doesn't eat their meals. She doesn't eat 3 meals a day and I'm paying for 3 meals a day. I think they should have a meal plan where you can participate or not. I've had some issues with getting started with cleaning her room and the laundry. I think it's just a matter of getting used to what she is requiring and what they provide. I'm not really sure if I'm real satisfied with the care yet. I'm not saying I've had real bad things happen, just small things. I'm sure everyone has issues - overall I'm pretty well pleased.

My mother doesn't participate in activities but I know they have things for them to do. They have sining and games and they go to the mall or grocery store once a week. They have church services, painting and they had a pet parade. Lots of fun things.

They Treat You Really Well

Dad really doesn't care for the food in the evening but for the way they treated me and they way they treated dad, they deserve a 5. I think the cost is comparable to other places around. At first he wasn't participating in the activities but now he does so I think he's enjoying himself. They play cards and do dominos and other things. I can't think of anything I dislike.

Director very helpful basic cost-3 m...

Director very helpful basic cost-3 meals/housekeeping/laundry--efficiency apt--$2455 month 1 bdrm-2875 additional $1000 for basic MM has around 40 residents, activity director, 42 apts..have volunteers do BSt, has exercises every day...provides respite care at $125 day--Mom could "try out" for a while.

Brookdale Lakeshore provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Sterling House we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.