Brookdale Lake Brazos - Waco, TX

Brookdale Lake Brazos - Waco, TX has yet not published prices.

Arrived a bit early. Waited for 20 min. for someone to come, but no one did and the office staff just sat in their office and did not provide help. We decided that this was indicative of the care she would receive. Also, it smelled of urine.

This is a nice facility for assisted living, not for memory care.

i love the changes I see in my mom

My mom fell in love with this community and she knew it was going to be the best fit for herself. She enjoys taking walks outdoors on the boardwalks, sitting in the courtyard and just enjoying the amazing view. Mom's room is a nice size, she joins her friends in the dining room, the food is great and there are a lot of amenities for those residents who want to take part in them. I am just so pleased with the care that the staff gives my mom, they make sure she comes down to dinner on time, that she stays active and that she enjoys herself. It's nice seeing mom happy again.

Nice Tour

We toured the Brookdale Lake Brazos where the staff was very knowledgeable and answered any questions we had.
The activity program looked very inviting. The community was well kept and the staff seemed very friendly. We chose another community based on the location to our home.

Overall everything has been going well!

Overall everything has been going well for my mother since she has made the move into this community. The staff have all been wonderful and I am comfortable with the quality of care that she has been receiving. They have a great floor plan with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. The only complaint that she has had is there is not enough quantity or variety in the meals they serve. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone interested.

My mom has lived at Brookdale for two years. I don't know where this site got pricing information, but we are paying about $5500 a month for her to be in memory care.

I've been impressed with her care, but am beginning to investigate other options.

A tour for care

We toured this community for care. The staff were nice and helpful and they are also pet friendly and alot of the other resdidents .The community is clean and the meals are good. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of love one

Fabulous Staff!!

I was so impressed with this community during our tour. The staff where absolutely wonderful and went above and beyond to make accommodations for my mother and try to make any arrangements they could to get her to be able to move in. They have a great dinning room experience as well activity program in place for all of the residents. I would love to live there personally in the future if they would have me.

She is moving in!

My mother had her heart set on this community since she toured it. She loves the fact that it is by a river, so the view out the window of her soon to be apartment is beautiful. It is a quiet setting, on 12 archers so it's perfect for nature lovers. They seem to offer a lot of activities. She is looking forward to moving in.

He is getting the surroundings, food, room and attention!

I am very impressed with the facility, its fantastic and clean. i have not found anything bad or to complain about. All the staff are friendly and helpful. What is interesting and I like to see is when my brother gets out to the dining room or to the back patio or crossing the front desk, everyone acknowledges him by his name, it makes you feel like your suppose to be there and not a stranger. He is enjoying the meals and has gained 10 pounds in 2 weeks. It is great, I had a couple meals and I am impressed. His favorite meal is breakfast and chooses eggs, oatmeal, and cranberry juice. He has not yet started activities they offer, he is acclimating himself until he gets to know the surrounding. Some people are helping and reaching out to him. The location is pretty, out the window he can see the river and we have gone out and walk down the river. He likes to be away from the city, the outdoors is what he likes. I would and have already recommended the community

Large facility with a lovely view of the river. Units are very large, the largest I've seen. Own furniture (this seems everywhere). Assisted living (60) and memory unit (10). Restaurant style. Meal menu seems repetetive, will keep an eye on it. Residents seemed happy. Includes utilities meals weekly housekeeping and laundry. Laundry rooms on each floor.

perfect for Mom. Can keep her own Doctor! Caring and attentive to my situation.

Still adjusting

Brookdale Lake Brazos hasn't made the transition for my Aunt very easy. She does not like it at all and I can only hope that things get better. They are not bringing her meds on time and the dining experience hasn't been the greatest. Most residents have diabetes and need a special diet. Whatever it is that they use upset my Aunt's stomach so I am hoping they can get that corrected as well. I'm going to have to wait to see what happens before I can say I'd recommend.

need to pay more attention to residents

They just taken over the property and remodeling it. The did not pay attention to the residents and she didn't like the food. My mom refused to eat and no one kept track of her. When I first brought her she was walking around and talking and she was severely impacted after that. She passed away last week.

I did an un-planned stop by. It was a little after 5:00. I had no problem getting into the building. I walked around for awhile looking around. Greeted residents, and walked to the dining room. This is the first time I saw an employee. He was very helpful, but his name tag said "Kitchen" helper. He gave me an information folder and invited me to look around, but the office people had just left for the day.
There was an odd odor as I walked in, I couldn't quite place what it was. Meal was being served. Food was eye appealing and smelled good. Beautiful maranda to sit and enjoy the outside view. All residents were pleased with their arrangements and enjoyed living there. They have contacted me for the appoint. The day and time has changed.

Highly Recommended

The staff at Brookdale Lake Brazos has just been phenomenal. They have answered any questions that we have had and they have fixed any problems that arose and I would just absolutely highly recommend them.

This was really fitting for us.

My loved ones are living there. The only thing I have heard is that there are some unpleasant urine and feces smells in the hallway, it doesn't have central air, and smells kind of hang in there. It also has a beauty parlor right near the dining room, so you can smell the permanent solution while you are trying to eat, the smell just kind of hits you when you walk in. The breakfasts are good, but lunch and dinner could use more variety. It's very clean and the staff is wonderful, and very accommodating. They have just been really fantastic they have set up a care plan and followed it really well. They have activities to do, and my loved one does participate in some. They were more reasonably priced, and Jaylyn was very good, she worked with us really well, she was wonderful. It's beautiful, and in a nice setting. The area walking down to the river has holes, and roots, and is dangerous. They need some pathways to the pavilions that are safe. They could also use some new cushions for the seats in the pavilion. This was really fitting for us. The building needs updating, and there are some things that could be fixed which is why I give them an overall 3.

Great experience

Things have gone very well with Emeritus at Meadowlands Terrace! It's a well run organization, and the staff have all been very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the care they provide is good. I've also had the chance to sit with my loved one for a few meals and the food has looked very good!

Emeritus is wonderful!

Emeritus At Meadowlands Terrace was by far the most pleasant facility we visited. It was decorated cheerfully, free of smells and full out alert bright eyed residents. It is the best facility for my Dad and therefore we have placed him there.

Nice facility, need to be more up front with costs

This was a nice place, and the staff and residents were all very friendly and accommodating. However, they need to be much more up front about the fees for extra services. I moved my loved ones in here and the cost immediately starting increasing from the base price as they tacked on services, which eventually were more than they could afford.

Very friendly& helpful staff and very...

Very friendly& helpful staff and very willing to work within our budget. Excellent and senior soothing site and grounds. This place is well worth a visit if you are looking for better than average conditions for a loved one.

Big Improvement for a Viet Combat Veteran

Meadowlands Terrace is an excellent facility with a professional, caring staff. I moved my Viet Nam disabled veteran brother there and I could not be more pleased with the overall experience. He is much happier than his last VA supported facility. He even lauded the food quality and he has been hard-to-please in the past. I would recommend Meadowlands without reservation.

Mom's new home

As the one who is taking care of my mother's finances, it really bothers me that assisted living costs so much in Waco, Texas. Other family members who live in assisted living facilities that are as nice or better in other states pay less than what we have been able to find in Waco. I believe it is this way all over Texas.

This facility is nice and the staff seems very attentive, but on weekends when the administration is not around, it sometimes has that undesirable smell. And I'm concerned about the lack of front desk security on the weekends. I am also learning that there is quite a bit of squabbling amongst the employees and this indicates a lack of team leadership.

But it is on a beautiful property, and it is nice to see an assisted living facility that is not surrounded by concrete, asphalt, and fences. The residents seem to be very happy. Mom seems to like it there.

Nice Big Rooms

It's nice but I felt at that time another place would be a better fit for my mother becasue it was a little smaller than Emeritus. I loved the rooms at Emeritus. They had a nice big rooms and a separate bedroom.

Big!

We didn't care for this one. My father said it was too big and he didn't like it. There were 3 separate wings that don't really connect and I could see a senior wandering down the wrong wing and getting lost. It was very nice other than that.

So much to do

The entire staff here is really friendly and helpful they really impressed me. When I visited I spoke with residents and asked them if they liked it and they all said "Oh Yeah!" There is always something going on they have activities everyday. They have bingo, cards, dominoes, and even Wii. The food was also good when I visited. The landscaping is very nice and the community backs up to the river. I was so impressed with them that I didn't even bother visiting other communities.

great place. this place was even nic...

great place. this place was even nicer than I expected.

Our caring staff offers the assistance you need while respecting your independence, all in the most scenic setting in all of Central Texas.

Our peaceful setting on 11 acres of rolling greenspace with even the beautiful Brazos River in our own backyard, restaurant style dining experience and activities combine
to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff with three full time nurses on staff, home style meals, daily engaging
living at an Brookdale Senior Living community, the largest provder of Senior Living in the world with the highest standards.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.