Brookdale Loma Linda - Loma Linda, CA

Brookdale Loma Linda - Loma Linda, CA has yet not published prices.

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my loved one. I really liked the sales manager here and he made us feel very welcomed. They are not a memory care unit, but it was really nice. All of the residents seemed happy and the staff catered to their clientele. The other thing I liked is how they planned worship services in the lobby. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Wonderful Nurses

My loved one was only here for 11 days before she passed, but while she was here, I feel the experience was good overall, and that she was comfortable. Brookdale has a fantastic salesman, [Removed]. I feel he could sell almost anything, and he's very nice. The nurses and the aids are wonderful. They are lovely people, and they really do care about the residents. The community is also very clean and tidy, but I feel there are some things they can improve upon. It's difficult to find out the total on your bill, and when you ask, the staff don't always know either. Also, the elevator is quite small there. Please get a larger elevator so that there is more space for the carts, walkers, and wheelchairs in the community.

Misleading Advertisement

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. They advertise that they have upgrades around the community, as well as in the room. The room I was shown was dirty with old cabinets. When ask if they were going to replace anything, they said they would clean the carpet. I felt their advertisement was misleading.

So far, so good...,

So far, things seem to be going well for my mother since her move into this community. The activity director, [removed], is great. The only problems that we have encountered so far are with the meal time and bath time. They are very short staffed and sometimes, the residents will have to skip meal time because it takes too long to get served and interferes with some of the activities.

[Removed] was helpful, kind, informative, and really considered our price range. He spoke directly to my mother. This is a top choice as of today. The apartments were very nice, the tour was very thorough and pleasant.

They have some improvements to make...

Since my loved one has been in Brookdale Loma Linda, they have made so many medication errors. The point of putting my loved one in assisted living was for them to help with the care and dispensing of the medications, but I feel that I ma still having to worry and be there all of the time. I think they are overwhelmed with the staffing issue and the fact that it is such a large place. Another thing is the bathrooms, they are so tiny. It feels unsafe. The air conditioning in the apartments is an issue as well. The living rooms will be extremely cold and the bedrooms extremely hot because they only have vents in the living room. There is a lot of improvements that they could make.

My visit

This is a brand new community. It is a huge community and it was just a little larger than what we were looking for. The people I met were nice and the community seemed clean.

Lots of caring staff

My mother moved here and things are going well. She lived in another senior community and this one is so much better.They have many people on hand and they are compassionate. She has attended the events they offer and is adjusting well. I chose this community because many friends and loved ones told me about them. Since we had gone through this process before I asked many questions and they were forthcoming with information. They provided a schedule of activities they offer and their menu.

Not a good fit for my loved one

My mother lived here for a month and has since moved out.The place is a mixture of both good and bad. The place is very beautiful. They have nice activities and there is always something going on.Most of the staff is very helpful and friendly.[Removed] was extremely helpful he went above and beyond up until the very end. The communication is horrible and not organized. They cut staff drastically in the middle of the month.My mother had a safety button and would have to wait for 45 minutes. She fell one time and she called me so I could contact the front desk. The house keeping wouldn't do her laundry. They would change her colostomy bag and leave feces all over her bathroom.If anyone is thinking about moving here I would suggest they form their own opinion of the community.It wasn't a good fit for my mother but it may be a good fit for a more independent senior.

It went very well it's such a beautiful place ieverybody was so nice I'm praying I can get my dad in

Great Care

The community is great. The staff is nive and friendly, but at times can be a little slow. They had good meals and a variety. Alot of activities are offered. I would recommend the community to other families.

Not Recommended!!

My mother in law did not receive the proper care she should have at Brookdale Loma Linda. The communication was very poor. My mother in law was in a special vegetarian diet and they didn't have this meal available for her. The food she was served was cold. Financially the services they provided for her were not good for what we payed. They were understaffed a lot we had a home health nurse help her out while residing in the community. I would not recommend this place to families.

I toured with Patty and Taylor. The units are very updated and nice and were also spacious. They had some great amenities. All of the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The price for the apartments is good but the care seems a little expensive. The tenants didn't look as happy as the ones at Mission Commons. This one is in my top two!

We were not aware that this community changed ownership to Brookdale!!!

There have been continuing improvements since the change in ownership. This includes a variety of staffing changes. When dad first moved in the response time was a little slow but this has improved. When the head nurse first quit my dad had an issue with his medication, however this issue has been resolved. I have spoken to the corporate office and they were concerned and they are doing what they can.

A great tour!

I was only at this community for one day. During my tour the people were very nice and knowledgable. The community looked clean and the food smelled and looked good. I did see that they offer daily activities for the residents.

Basic, friendly, food could use improvement

The food is institutional quality. Too. many carbs, lots of beans.

The staff is friendly and helpful.

Review of Brookdale Loma Linda - Loma Linda, CA

We took the tour and thought your place is excellent except for two things. The smoking area is in an open parking lot rather than an enclosed area with plants or any attactiveness and memory care is uncertain as in how far in the future Do residents with some cognitive memory loss have adequate care

This is the best living facility in CA

This Brookdale Loma Linda living facility is a great place, I personally think its the best in California

A Great Place

The staff is really friendly and the nurses have been really great about talking to us about the care my loved one might need and creating a plan for her specifically. They are open to listening to any issues and coming up with solutions.

Friendly and bright

The staff is quite friendly and they were very helpful in moving my mother. She is able to have her little dog and her room is quite bright. I appreciated their recommendations and they have a 3 part evaluation of needs (one by a family member, one by her physician, and one by the wellness coordinator of the facility). That made me feel quite confident that all of the assistance she needs will be provided. I also like the fact that we can visit at any time, not during set hours. They are remodeling the common areas and it will be lovely when finished.

I like It Here

Overall I think everything has been pretty good so far. The food is pretty good for feeding 120 people. It's fair quality. It just takes a little while to get used to the place, but I feel more and more comfortable with it every day. I like it here.

3 stars

I noticed after a while that a lot of the people that live there are quite medicated. They are together with the independent people. I believe that should be separate. The staff is a little slow to respond, but they are very nice. There is no security cameras or monitoring. Some of the entry doors are old and need updating. My overall rating of the Brookdale Loma Linda is 3 stars. Those are my only issues.

everything is good now, wasn't at first

They initially were trying to save us a bunch of money, so they did not have them evaluate my parents correctly, which resulted in them not getting the level of care and service that they need. Dad ended up getting really dehydrated and going to the hospital three days after getting in there. Saving money is fine, but I want my parents taken care of. We finally got it all worked out and they are fine now. In the beginning it's like they were trying to get the price down to make a sale, which made me mad.

Everything is good now though.

Got a very rocky start for my parents. Assessment was not done accurately and they needed more help than was provided at first. Now things are going very well.Just be sure you let nurse know all the care someone needs.

Very Happy

I’m very happy. We’ve been very pleased. Not are the staff friendly, but they are very will to help, very accommodating, not strict that they forget we’re human. The food is very good. The parking has been perfect.

Wide range of services

It’s an option that has a wide range of services to meet the needs of residents. It’s a very clean community and the staff is very friendly. They seem to offer a lot of activities, but we haven’t been there very long yet.

A Winner !!! …… the ONLY 5 star facility out of ALL the senior facilities in the Inland Empire.

this facility is run extremely well, with great concern for the benefit of the seniors residing there. From the moment we initiated our first inquiry, through the entire process, each staff member was courteous and HAD THE ANSERS for ALL of our questions.
The staff, even when they are out of sight from most people, continue a positive attitude…. even if they are tired from a busy day. That is very rare in this industry. This speaks highly for Emeritus as a company who cares about their employees.
The residents are invited and encouraged to become involved in the numerous activities that the program director has setup. Residents are encouraged to suggest programs that interest them. Residents concerns are addressed immediately…. which is RARE at other facilities run by other companies in this industry.
With an aging society, it is becoming the 'norm' to move from one's home into a facility such as Emeritus at Loma Linda. One IMPORTANT point that should be addressed by all those looking into a facility…. ask ANY and ALL questions…. AND IF there is even ONE question that can't be answered to your satisfaction…. WALK OUT.
Emeritus, as an over all company, runs superb facilities…. Emeritus of Loma Linda is 5 STARS all the way.

It's really a pretty good place.

It's really a pretty good place. They have been really accommodating. The staff is really friendly, and it's kept so clean. She really likes the food, they are really good about accommodating for her diabetic diet.

Beautiful place, booked a o...

Beautiful place, booked a one-bedroom suite today! Mom is agreeable, so we're scheduled to have lunch there next Tuesday, measure the rooms, and move in by end of this month. Thank you SO much for finding Emeritus for us! Praise the Lord!!

People are great and very helpful

People are great and very helpful

good place to be

This place is great if you are able to walk and get around. Had a problem within the first 3 days of money missing from the room.
The staff is the best possible group of people you can get. Steven is just wonderful with his care of my friend. There are many more wonderful helpers, but I cannot remember their names.
The place is always clean and their is no bad smells to speak of.
Food is very taste and enjoyable

Cassandra 1800 shared room....

Cassandra 1800 shared room. Nanny gets bedroom side. Includes 3 meals and snacks. Housekeeping and laundry weekly. Transport T/The to md. M/W/Friday shopping in redlands/LOL to places like Walmart states Walgreens etc. S/s church transport. Facility vesper on F, catholic/Christian on W, life alert. Goes up with levels of care based on point system 525 up 200 per level. Can have I HSN worker still. Renter in not required. Security deposit 2000 can be split in 2 payments. Rent on 1st. Can do auto pay. Discharge 30 day notice.

Good place, just not for mom

Course my mother thinks she's paying more than she should, she's unhappy there, basically she thinks its too much money for what she's getting and she doesn't think she needs what they've supplied. I don't think it's Emeritus' fault, she won't particiapte in activities and that's part of the problem. They've talked to her and come out to get her but she doesn't respond to it. She had some complaints about their response time when she called down, some of them were maintenence requests and the maintence man was really good and responsive to her, he would check back in and make sure things were going okay. When she called down the other day she didn't feel good and wanted her meal sent up to her room, they eat at noon but go down at 1130 and the lady said she was supposed to call earlier if she wanted the meal brought up, they did bring it up but she let her know to call earlier next time. I can't say that they're not caring because they are, this is just what I'm getting from her, it can go either way.

I really like this one. Location, ami...

I really like this one. Location, aminities etc.

Really licked this location. I am co...

Really licked this location. I am considering a move in here. At this time though I need to meet with family and see about the finances.

I liked this facility very much.

I liked this facility very much.

Our Community

We understand your concern about the health and safety of the senior in your life. You worry that they may not take their medications properly, suffer a serious fall, or experience a health emergency with no one around. You feel stressed from the time demands of looking after your loved one, and guilt for not doing more.

We also understand the emotional turmoil going on within the senior you care for. They love their house and all the things they have filled it with over the years. They fear the unknown, and may mistakenly associate an Assisted Living apartment community with a nursing home.

We Balance Independence With Assistance

Your senior doesn't have to choose between the two options of independence or assistance. Unlike a nursing home, Brookdale Loma Linda is a community of apartment homes where they can have both ... the independence of a private home, plus whatever type of supportive aid they need to perform daily tasks and maintain health.

A Family of Friends

If you remember your bygone days in a college dormitory or at summer camp, you recall the fun of living with people your own age who shared your interests and life experiences. You sat together in the cafeteria or living room, where you could play card games, board games, tell stories, share secrets and talk for hours. At Brookdale Loma Linda, we recreate that fun communal experience of living with a family of friends.

The Senior Living Leader

Our community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation's largest provider of senior living solutions. We are the number one leader in retirement hospitality and care because our associates connect with our residents, 'adopt' them as our grandparents, and enrich their lives every day.