Elmcroft of Little Avenue - Charlotte, NC

Great place for Dad

The time came where our dad needed more care than we could provide. We toured many places...some very, very nice, and some not so. When we got to Elmcroft we felt it provided more of a "home" atmosphere for him. It is a little smaller than most assisted living homes that we toured, the staff is friendly and helpful and they KNOW each person there. Dad quickly found the "lay of the land" so he could move around and get to places he wanted to be. There are outings and games, church services and exercise classes, family dinners and special programs...a bunch to do - but mainly it is "home" to him now. Family is ALWAYS welcome to visit or come for lunch or dinner. Every question is answered and every person cared for. We are very happy with Elmcroft and the best part is that Dad is happy there too.

The best so far of those I visited. Small number of residences so personalized care is assured. Memory care attached to the same building. Pricing more in line with what we can afford. They have a wait list policy which assures a place but refundable if circumstances change. Also no separate medication fees.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! Our top priority is making sure the residents receive the proper care and providing a home-like atmosphere.

Memory Care had a strong odor of urine. The Assisted Living area was beautiful and clean.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your review and feedback.  Our priority at Elmcroft of Medina is to provide a home-like atmosphere and the very best care for our residents. We regret you did not fully experience this. Please know we truly value your comments, it's paramount to helping us better serve future residents and families.

Small Fridge and Microwave in Apartment

I had a good tour of the community and I got to see the apartment they offered. It was too small for a walker to be used. It came with a small area for the kitchen. It had a microwave and a tiny mini fridge. It was not a good fit.

Nice facility!!

I recently had taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things went. The staff where very knowledgeable on all of there information and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. The floor plan was open and they had a lot of great features throughout the property. It was just not the right location in the end decision.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us. We are sad to hear you went a different direction.

The lady I was suppose to meet with was not there when I arrived. A kind gentleman who was their maintenance guy conducted the tour so he could not answer some of the questions we had. The facility was clean and the residents were well dressed and seemed happy. The maintenance guy said he did not know about pricing, but that they currently have no beds.

Great Staff!

The people from the manager to the maintenance man always greet you with smiles and always looking to help.
The facility is older but is kept in good shape. The staff does a great job of keeping the areas clean
The staff is very attentive to the residents. They do a great job of making them feel special.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Top Picks

I had a good tour of this community. The community looked great, and very well maintained. They were very kind to my family and myself. The staff was kind, and very friendly. I really liked this community, and it was one of my top picks for my aunts.

Not the right set up!

This community is not as nice as some of the others that we toured. They also did not have the bedding arrangement that we wanted for mom so that she would have someone in her room with her. We did get to see some of the residents out and doing things.

A Nice Home

If I could rate them at a "6" for cleanliness I would, they do a really good job. The staff are friendly, attentive and caring. Since my mother-in-law is still getting settled in, she has not participated in activities yet. She also thinks the food is good. I would highly recommend this community, if needed.

Excellent Community

We recently had a tour at Elmcroft of Little Avenue for our dad. We just loved the quantiness of the community and how friendly the staff was. The community smelled clean, looked well maintened, and the residents looked like they were happy. When the time comes to move dad, we will definitely be going to Elmcroft.

Very nice place

Our experience with Elmcroft of Little Avenue has been a very positive one. The staff is excellent! Everyone has been caring and attentive, and they're doing a great job caring for my loved one! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and just seems like a nice place overall.

Wonderful tour!

Wonderful tour! Met with Susan, Manny, and Michael. They all answered my questions and now I know this is where I want my mother to be! She's moving in 2 weeks. Couldn't be happier; in all we visited 6 places. Thanks.

We were very, very happy with Elmcroft.

We were very, very happy with Elmcroft. We are very happy with the place, and the nursing service takes very good care of him. We are comfortable with him being there and they keep an eye on him, so we know he is safe. I think they deserve a five.

Friendly staff, nice atmosphere

I think things have gone very well with Elmcroft of Little Avenue! The caregivers here are very kind, and they've got a lot of great activities and programs for the residents. The facility is clean and well kept, and they also do a good job with the meals and dining service. It is a very nice place, overall!

Nice place, overall

I think they do a good job at Elmcroft of Little Avenue, for the most part. The staff here are friendly and professional, and they do a good job looking out for the residents. However, I would feel much more at ease if they had a nurse or some sort of medical staff on site 24/7. Currently they have no on-site medical personnel available after 5pm or on weekends.

The staff is extremely friendly

The staff is extremely friendly and they get to know their residents very well. The friendliness is excellent. The friendliness of the staff is very important to me. I feel very comfortable that my mom is well taken care of there. The value of the facility is also excellent. The Elmcroft of Little Avenue is a nice community. Everything has been going great. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

the place is good the staff takes care of the people there they are time on a lot of things the over all rating i would give a 3 star rating the cleanliness is a 4 star rating in activities i rate a 4 star i think its enough to do there its over all nice

Nutrional Food

Very pleased with facilities and treat mother very well. The food seems to be nutritional, and facility provides snacks and offers a variety of activities for resident.

very kind

They were just very kind and very forthwith as far as making the arrangements and getting dad transferred there. I was impressed with their facility. Dad was only there for two days so the experience was somewhat limited, but based on what I saw I was impressed and can't really think of anything where they could improve.

Elmcroft

My friend Joe Goodnight was not accepted at several other communities due the assessments that facilities do. Elmcroft did the same assessment and assumed the responsibility of his care and even left room for more intensive care if needed. Unfortunately, Joe's Parkinson's progressed to a hospice level and he was unable to stay there.
However the people at Elmcroft remain optimistic of his return and showed genuine concern for Joe's well being. I am always grateful for that.

Talk to Mary.

They are doing great.

They are doing great. They keep it clean, and the staff is friendly. I don't really have any concerns at this time. It's going pretty well.

If what really matters is quality of care

I toured many places in Charlotte looking for a place for my mom - both independent and assisted living. Elmcroft just gave me a good feeling. Their staff has longevity and that's really important. One staff member has been there since they opened! That says a lot about how a place is run. The residents seemed happy, the staff is kind, and they seemed to really engage the residents in activities. I dropped by twice spontaneously and was impressed both times. I especially liked their care management system - one that I did not see at any other place. They have physical therapy available on site and they have regular weekly outings. The facility itself is not fancy in appearance, but I have learned that it's what's inside that really counts. And they have the heart and caring about their residents that really shows. I've been in beautiful facilities where I would never leave my mother. I would not hesitate for her to live here. At this time, she is not ready for assisted living, but if she needs it, I will know where to go.

Possible Medicaid in Memory...

Possible Medicaid in Memory Care. Large Rooms Great atmosphere Price a little high. Large studio available. Possible discount of move-in fee.

They are very easy to work with and easy to get a hold of.

The community has done a pretty good job. The food is pretty good, my loved one really likes it. There really isn't anything I can think of that needs to be improved or done better. They are very easy to work with and easy to get a hold of.

Nice looking community, high on my list

I toured this community while I was looking into care options for my loved one. Although this place didn't quite make our top 3, it was still high on the list out of all of the many communities that we toured. It was a very nice looking place, and everyone here seemed very friendly. I wasn't impressed by the activities and programs that would have been available for a less ablebodied person, but otherwise everything looked top notch.

Great respite experience for both me and Mother!!

This respite care visit for my mother was a wonderful experience all the way around, from my first visit to check it out to final farewells after the week was over. I arrived to pick up Mother after the week was over and she said that I could leave her there if I wanted to. I will definitely go back to Elmcroft again the next time I need to go out of town for a few days. She made several friends in just those few days, seemed to have eaten well, and was able to find her way around in just a day or two. The staff were all so friendly and treated her very well --- everyone seemed to know her and called her by her first name when they saw her. I felt very comfortable leaving Mother while we were out of the country knowing that she would be well taken care of. Thank you to all the staff at Elmcroft!!!

This was my favorite so far...

This was my favorite so far. I liked the staff, the facility and the Activity Director. Here again, after evaluation will determine the price but the base price runs daily from $117 - $155 depending on the room type.

Elmcroft of Little Avenue

I toured six facilities prior to choosing Elmcroft. I made a point to see the interaction between staff and residents. Most facilities did not address the residents by name or go out of their way to ask how they were doing. I did take into consideration care level to make sure I compared apples to apples.

At Elmcroft residents are happy and interact with each other and are on a first name basics with the staff. They talk like long time friends. One can tell they are happy. Mom loves the staff and calls me everyday about the activities they did. She has only been there 3 months a is excited about life again.

As the oldest child who had to make the decision to put mom in assisted living, it makes me feel really good that SHE actually calls Elmcroft home now.

We liked Elmcorft until they said Dad...

We liked Elmcorft until they said Dad's level of care was at the highest level. I suppose this is just a lack of knowledge on our part. I assumed that anyone in memory care would need help with dressing, bathing and toileting while they consider it an extra.

I've taken mom-in-law to Elmcroft twi...

I've taken mom-in-law to Elmcroft twice so far, once to visit her friend and just last Thursday for the family Thanksgiving dinner. Excellent vibes.

Older facility but nicely maintained;...

Older facility but nicely maintained; on busy street with lots of on-street parking and pedestrian traffic; room options shown were clean & ready for move-in; all rooms had two "panic" cords (bedroom and bathroom).

Memory Care $5,000 mo. (tops) Asst. ...

Memory Care $5,000 mo. (tops) Asst. Liv. available at $2,900-$4,000 depending on level of care. Pets.

Elmcroft of Little Avenue is nestled in a small, quiet neighborhood community in south Charlotte, North Carolina is known for its home-like atmosphere. Nearby Pineville, a thriving town of 3,500 people, is well known for the charming antique shops that line Main Street. For those seeking the excitement of the big city, downtown Charlotte is just 9 miles to the north.

Elmcroft of Little Avenue is a Charlotte assisted living and Alzheimer’s Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Little Avenue has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Little Avenue, Charlotte features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.