Bristol Manor of Raymore - Raymore, MO

Care and more assistance

We toured this community. It is a smaller community with not a lot of residents. We were happy to have our questions answered by the care. We did not like seeing other residents outside smoking. they have home cooked meals, This community needs some assistance with the care and responsibilities of the residents. Families might consider taking a tour of this community.

Too Big With Many Residents

We had an okay experience while touring. I was shown around and saw that the carpet could have been vacuumed. It seemed like it could be cleaned a little more. There was good interaction between the staff and residents. I thought they had quite a bit of residents here. This was a big community and not the place we needed.

Outstanding Management at Bristol Manor Raymore

The current management has been outstanding. They show that they truly care for the residents. Until this time there has been a high rate to management turnover. The place is clean, the meals are good and my mother currently has no complaints.

Non emergency services

My mother got confused and stopped drinking water , because they did not properly take care of her she continued to not drink water and became emergency status dehydrated. Instead of helping her or calling the EMS , they called me and told me I had one hour to come pick her up !!!

very good experience

We have been pleased with our experience with Bristol Manor of Raymore.

One area where I do feel that they could improve would be to have more activities. They are a bit lacking in that area.

Other than that everything has been great. The facility itself is very nice and clean, and it was generally a very good experience.

It's okay, but it's got faults.

It's okay, but it's got faults. I don't think that they do enough. They don't have any real activities or anything. I think she is safe, but she isn't happy there. I don't really have any major complaints. They were one of the more reasonably priced places, and the care is good. The food isn't the best, they don't look exceptionally appetizing, and meal times are very informal. They are pretty sweet people, and they keep it very clean.

They are very good.

The difference in my mom since she has come here is fantastic. Her medicine is regulated, she is eating normally again. They are very good. I think compared to other places the value is excellent. There are no nurses on staff, it's not really what I would call assisted living, they have a nurse and a doctor that visit regularly, but are not on staff there. They do have someone that is legal to dispense medications, and does a very good job.

Looked nice during our tour

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. This community looked nice enough during the tour, and the staff we met were friendly, however it had a more businesslike feel than the community we ended up selecting. It didn't have the homey feel we were looking for. The price was also a bit higher than similar options we looked at.

Services provided at no additional cost:
Private room and private bath
3 nutritious meals per day and snacks
Medication administration including insulin administration
Housekeeping services
Laundry service
Activities

Our company has been providing care for Seniors since 1990 when we built our first Community.
We have served seniors in Raymore and the surrounding area for 18 years.
Our community is licensed by the MO Department of Health and Senior Services for 12 residents. Our small service number allows for the staff to really get to know the seniors who live with us – not just as a community resident, but as a person. Moving to a care facility can be frightening for both the resident and their family, but our trained staff help ease the transition with genuine caring, respect, and understanding of the feelings that accompany such a life change. Your loved one’s physical health, mental health, emotional needs and safety are important to us. Finding a community who knows how to address those needs are what we are all looking for, right?
A small community lends more to a large family setting rather than a nursing home setting. Residents have input on meals and activities in their community. It is a definitely a community intended to promote independence with helping hands when needed. Our community bridges the gap between not being able to stay at home alone and not needing the services of a nursing home.
We encourage you to tour our facility, learn more about us, and see the difference for yourself.

Please view our video at http://youtu.be/2x6KQS6411w