Foxwood Springs - Raymore, MO

Newcomer

I haven't even got my dad moved in yet and I already have a review to post. Let me first say that he has been at two other nursing homes in the past 6 months so I do have something to compare it to. First I want to say you wouldn't know you were walking into a nursing home when you walked in. They have a small restaurant right by the front door, a little sitting area and a large fish aquarium. There are tables set all throughout the hallways with tea, coffee, water and water with lemon. All the staff that we came across was nice. They have a pretty large library, a workout room with a treadmill, exercise bike, free weights, pool table, in ground pool, they have theee busses available to give the residents a ride to dr appts, to the store or to activities. They also have a small general store in the facility. I will write a review in a couple months after we have been there for a while but so far I feel very blessed for my dad to be able to go there.

Old and Outdated

We had Foxwood Springs on our list of possibilities because we are acquainted with a resident there. However, overall, I found the facility to very old and outdated. We ultimately chose another community for my wife’s care because Foxwood was just not a place I felt comfortable moving her into.

Fine facility, but could not stay...

From what I saw of this facility, it was very nice. However, i could not place my husband here because they could not accommodate him due to his health needs. The facility also did not have all of the amenities that he would have liked.

Major Updating Needed, But Overall A Nice Community

For the most part I'am comfortable with my mother's move to this community. I would suggest that they have more activities available for the residents. The meals are good, she is pleased with the meals. The community is well-kept, but there is a lot of updating needed around the facility. The care staff is good, they are taking good care her. The administration needs to understand the needs of the residents, and put out the money needed to improve the community. Overall it has been a pretty nice experience, and this is a community I would recommend.

A nice tour

This community seemed to be very nice,but still was bigger then what my mom would of felt comfortable in. The staff was very helpful and caring. The community was very clean. We did notice alot of activity there at the time. Families wanting a big community might like this community.

Decent place so far

This is a pretty decent place so far. We have not been here long, but aside from a few minor bumps in the road, the transition has been good. It's taking some getting used to, but the kindness of the staff helps tremendously.

Being upgraded in 2015/2016

My parents moved in to an independent living apartment early in 2009. They paid a large buy-in fee and have a reasonable monthly fee. Assuming they have a long and happy life, in the long run they will save when compared to larger month to month fees paid by some.

From the people we've talked to who have lived other places, few are as friendly as Foxwood Springs. It is one of the few places that thrives on resident volunteers. A perfect example is the on-site TV station the produces a remarkably professional talk show every weekday morning with guest interviews and local news...all staffed and operated by volunteers.

Foxwood Springs has aged gracefully, but now that it is a Brookdale property a lot of improvements are happening right now (October 2015) and will continue until the entire place will have a major facelift both inside and out.

We, the children of residents at Foxwood Springs, would recommend the facility highly to those looking for a friendly active lifestyle.

Nice place

We toured this location when we were looking into options for a loved one. It was a nice looking place, and the staff were very friendly. They really went out of their way to make sure that we were taken care of and that any questions we had got answered. I felt like the decor was a little dated, and it seemed a bit dark inside, and this place was a bit more expensive than others we had looked at.

Safe place to land

My dad was in the memory care unit, they were good, the staff were really good. There weren't any activities where he was, most of the people in that unit weren't even able to care for themselves but we had to put him somewhere that he could be safe for the time being. His dementia got worse from that time on, even though it was just temporary and a quick find, it turned out to be a good place.

cost higher than others $224 a day

cost higher than others $224 a day

Foxwood Springs provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

At Foxwood Springs, Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program, filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group acti