Lombard Place Assisted Living and Memory Care - Lombard, IL

Great but need a higher caregiver/resident ratio.

The beautiful facility is staffed by wonderful people. The activity staff is first rate with lots of activities my mother enjoyed. They seem to care for each person as an individual. The caregivers and nurses were all wonderful.

The food is good and the kitchen and wait staff were very accommodating when my mother was ill.

The only drawback is under staffing. I liked the two tier pricing system for financial predictability, but It leads to insufficient staffing when care needs rise.

Returning to a point system -- where you pay for the level of care you receive -- might result in more caregiver staffing.

8 Months Later

I would like to score everything 5 stars but we have had just a few issues with the way my mom's apartment has been cleaned. I do believe that during that time there were some issues with staffing and that has been remedied. The activities are varied and inviting however my mother refuses to participate in them which I find disappointing. I am sure she could benefit from the social interaction the activities the activities provide. Overall we are pleased with Lombard Place.

Samantha McCue

Hi Donna, thank you so much for your positive comments about Lombard Place Assisted Living! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help.

Lombard Place is an Exceptional Place

Beautiful atmosphere, loving staff and caregivers, excellent meals and wonderful activities. Lombard Place is not your typical assisted apartment style living for seniors. My mom was in the memory care unit and was treated with kindness, respect, and lots of hugs. I couldn't rave more about the staff at Lombard Place and, without hesitation, I give it a 5 star rating!

Samantha McCue

Kathryn, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see your mother is having such a positive experience at Lombard Place Assisted Living. We sincerely thank you for the positive review and hope you have a fantastic day!

Resident Assistant

Resident Assistants go above and beyond to care for all residents whether they are in Assistant Living or Memory Care. Residents needs are the utmost importance to the staff.

Food is very bad

Friendly staff. Nice appearance. Activities good. Food very bad. Very poor quality food. Hot dog and hamburgers served too often. Poorly managed kitchen. Very limited meal selection. I do not recommend.

Nice Community & Good Care

My father-in-law has been at Lombard Place for almost two years, and really enjoys it there. The building is newer, with all the amenities and friendly staff. He particularly enjoys being a part of the ‘men’s group’ that gets together regularly. Overall a great place, that takes good care of him!

Samantha McCue

Ron, thank you for sharing your father-in-law's positive experience with us! We always strive to provide our residents with the best care!

Terrible Food

Terrible food! OH my Lord! They’ve got to be kidding!!! I wouldn’t feed my pets what they serve!!!!

Samantha McCue

Dear Mike, thank you for providing your feedback. We understand how important an excellent dining experience is to our residents, and we take great pride in our dining program and the available options. We’re sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent meal, but we would love to speak with you about what can be done to improve. If you would be willing to provide any more specific feedback, please reach out to our Executive Director at [removed]. Have a good day.

Nice, newer, bright location. The residents we saw and talked to were very friendly and shared how they liked Lombard Place. Many people did seems happy and smiling. Staff knew the residents name, seemed very friendly and helpful. We did decide that this location would be good for my mom. They have, for an extra fee, a special outreach that works to help people with memory issues to strengthen and expand their minds within a small group of similar memory issue residents. Thought this would be good for my mom who will be 95 soon.

The staff at Lombard Place is the best. The care and respect for my father in law was excellent. The staff treated our family with great respect and thoughtfulness. We couldn't have asked for better place for him to have been and would highly recommend Lombard Place to anyone looking for Assisted Living & Memory Care.

Samantha McCue

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Lombard Place Assisted Living. We're happy we could meet your expectations, and we hope that you have a great day!

Smooth transition

My mom has been at Lombard Place for a month and things are going very well. The staff is very friendly and attentive and have helped make the move and transition a success.
The activities available have helped my mom stay active and engaged, which was our hope for her.

Samantha McCue

Hi Noreen, we are very happy to have provided your mother with such a positive living experience! Thank you and have great day.

My husband just moved into Lombard Place a week ago and we could not be more pleased. The move-in process from start to finish was very smooth and the team went out of their way to assist us with an emotionally difficult decision and to make the physical move as seamless as possible. Staff is all very caring and attentive. The facilities are very clean and there is a very homey feel to the place. We would highly recommend Lombard Place to anyone who is faced with having to transition to assisted living!

Samantha McCue

Thank you for the kind words and recommendation, Ann! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

I toured this community

When I toured this place the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. It was a beautiful place and the memory care was amazing. The residents seemed happy. It just didn't have an option for a fixed monthly fee. So we couldn't plan and be comfortable. We chose another community.

Very Satisfactory

My husband and I used to use home healthcare for our needs, but after using it for a while and finding that it wasn’t really helping us, we have since moved him into the memory care unit at Lombard Place. We are so much more satisfied with the level of his care here. The staff is very attentive, and really does work to understand his needs. At the same time, he seems to respond very well to them. There are many activities in the community for the residents like Bingo, movie nights, concerts, Friday Happy Hours, and music. Lombard also provides nutritious meals, and they take care of the laundry. Over all, we are so much happier with the level of my husband’s care at Lombard Place.

Samantha McCue

Hello, thank you for sharing the positive experience you have had while entrusting us with your husband's care. If you ever need anything else from us, please do not hesitate to reach out. We hope you have a great day!

Very expensive Food & Service not worth price

Attractive appearance with activities to help keep active.
Staff friendly. Food is a huge disappointment. Very limited menu. Not enough fresh vegtables and healthy meat choices.
Very very expensive - food and service needs to be much better to justify cost

Friendly Staff but quality of Food is Extremely Poor

Friendly staff however poor follow through on medical care.

Place is clean but quality of food is very poor.

Overpriced given the fact medical follow up is marginal and food is very very poor.

Samantha McCue

Hello, thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience with our community was not a positive one. We take great pride in the care of our residents, including not only medical care but the food quality as well. The satisfaction of our residents is our top priority and we’d like to gather some more details on your particular experience if you are willing. Please feel free to reach out to our executive director, Ashlea, at your earliest convenience at [removed]

Has to have her own stove.

Lombard Place Assisted Living & Memory Care was a great community that we toured. It was clean and well-kept. The staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. I really liked the place but it wasn't the best fit for my aunt because they didn't have a stove available in their apartments.

Samantha McCue

Hello there, thank you; we appreciate your feedback! We take immense pride in our community and we're happy to hear you enjoyed your tour with us. Thank you again for the great review!

A tour for the care for mom

I toured this community for the care for my mom.The staff was nice and they were able to answer the questions we had on the care that is available here. I did like that this community was clean and well maintained. The menu seemed to be appealing with a good variety. They offer nice activities for the residents. We would suggest a tour of the community for other families. We needed a different type of care at this time.

Could have more stable staff!!

My loved one has recently moved into this community and I have to say there is room for improvement. There has been a huge turn over in the staff and it is making things difficult and a little unorganized. The food is not what it was when she first moved in and has recently started to loose its quality it once had. I am just hoping they can find some stable staff members for these residents who know what they are doing and stop the turn overs.

Review

The building is well kept. However the food is terrible, it is very costly and make sure you understand what assistance you need becasue the cost is just added to your bill. Also do not expect quick replies to any of your questions.

Very Friendly but Quality of Food is Horrible

Workers are first class always helpful and friendly! Lombard Place is nicely decorated, clean and provides a cheerful atmosphere.

One serious deficit is the POOR quality and very limited selection of food they serve They use canned vegetables for their meals.

Often they only offer poor health choices for lunch and dinner (using the same menu of the day for both lunch and dinner). For example they'll offer a choice between polish sausage, hamburger or pizza.

For the price of this otherwise nice residence, I find it appalling the quality of their food is so poor. In my opinion Lombard Place needs to consider using fresh vegetables (not just canned) and offer healthy food choices.

Samantha McCue

Hello, thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience with our dining was not a positive one. We take great pride in our At Your Service® Dining program and the available options that are provided for our residents. I can assure you that we never use canned vegetables for our entrees. We try to offer at least 9 items available daily on our a la carte menu – which is in addition to our daily specials menu. The satisfaction of our residents is our top priority and we’d like to gather some more details on your particular experience with our dining if you are willing. Please feel free to reach out to us at your earliest convenience at [removed].

My visit

We liked this community when we visited. It looked clean and the people we met were nice. This community was larger than what we were looking for.

Samantha McCue

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Lombard Place Assisted Living! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

Visited the residence. its a nice place. Clean, bright, and everyone looked happy. It would seem a nice fit for my dad, but a bit smaller than Cordia. Only problem is the cost, $5000 or so. Its possible, but would stretch us pretty thin.

Samantha McCue

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Lombard Place Assisted Living! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

WOW - WHAT A FACILITY

We began looking for a place for my Mom to live in Dec 2015. We had visited several communities in the area. Most of them were acceptable, but nothing set them apart from one or the other. Then we came to Lombard Place. From the moment we walked into the facility we felt right at home. We moved mom in the first week of Jan 2016 and I must say it was the best move we could have made for my Mom.

I mentioned that the other facilities were okay, but something separated Lombard Place from the rest.....well that was the staff at Lombard Place. The treat the residents with respect and dignity. They treat each resident as if it was their own loved one. Regardless of the position hat they hold at Lombard Place they all have a role in caring for your loved one.

My mom started out in the assisted living area of Lombard Place. The level of care was great, From activities that they plan in house to activities that they plan and develop away from Lombard Place is exceptional. they have weekly outing for lunches to shopping trips, to plays. There is always something happening to keep the residents engaged. They mix a lot of activates with wonderful organizations like Schools and boy/girl scout troops to other performers that they bring in.

mom has dementia and eventually we had to move her to the memory care unit. I was very concerned about the transition, but [Removed] are there for you to make the transition seamless. Once we moved Mom to memory care, I really got a chance to see how exceptional the staff is. Not to take away the level of care and support that your loved one receives in assisted living, but the staff in the memory care unit is incredible. Mom's level of care did not dimension.

I would like to let you know that staff is truly what sets Lombard Place apart form everyone else. Mom was in the hospital and they had staff come visit her on their own time, not because they had to but because they wanted to. When Mom moved to Memory Care the staff from Assisted Living has come to visit mom after working their normal shift. To me that is incredible and speaks volumes to what was told to us when we came in for our first tour. The staff are not hired for a job, but rather have a passion and calling for the work that they do. I AGREE 100%. Not one single individual is working a job. They are all there because it is their passion to want to help and support the residents.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND LOMBARD PLACE!

I took a tour!

The people at Lombard Place were very nice, but it was more of a hotel-like setting. I'm sure a lot of people were happy there, but it was not what my mother and I were looking for.

Nice Community, but Not the One for Us

I was deciding on this community, and another one. My tour of this community was very nice. The rooms they showed me were nice. The living room area looked very lovely as well. My only issue was that, there was not very much room to walk around the community. The other community had a large outside walking area for their residents. Unfortunately this wasn't the one for us, but it is a very nice community.

Comfort for mom!!

My mother is really adjusting well since her move to Lombard Place. I would absolutely recommend them because they have been good to my mother. They send me pictures of her joining activities ad keep me informed on her. The facility is clean nad well maintained.

Great Community, My Mother in Law is Doing Well

Our experiences in this community have been great. They are taking very good care of my mother in law, and her needs. She can be hard to deal with at times, but they have been great with being patient. They are encouraging to her, and works with her to get her involved in the community. She has made new friends with the other residents. Her move to this community has really provided us with a peace of mind knowing she is in good hands.

Extremely Pleased with this Community

This a lovely community,and my parents are extremely pleased with their move to this community. It has been a huge left off of them, and myself. I do feel they do a safe, and great hands. They are receiving great care, and everything is working out very well. It is a big win for everybody. This is a community I would one hundred percent recommend to my friends, and family. It is a great place.

Too expensive, not open eating
[Removed] is asked to wake up at 4:30am to go to breakfast ( second shift ) for 8:30am breakfast!! Unexception so we spoke to people there and now they are changing it !!!! We feel sorry for the people who can't speak for themselves! Service level went up by 4% and rental went up by 3% for the year !! Way too expensive!!

Samantha McCue

Hi there, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We strive to provide the best care for our residents which does unfortunately mean overtime those costs change. We are always looking for ways to improve; so we appreciate your input. If you would be willing, we would like to have you contact our manager at [removed] to discuss ways we can better serve you in the future.

Very Nice Tour of This Community

I had a very nice tour of this community. Everyone was very friendly, and kind. The community was clean, and well maintained. They have nice activities available for the residents. My tour guide was kind, and knowledgeable. My questions were answered. The experience went well.

I did not like Lombard Place as much as Atria since it seemed colder to me and not as homey as Atria did. Plus it is just about (in driving distance) to mom's house anyway so I am not going to consider this place at the moment.

Kind Community

Very good tour of this community. Everything went very well. The staff was very kind, and helpful.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had received at this community. The building was nicely maintained and everything was very clean which is always a positive to see. I just think this place would be better for my mother if she was looking more into the independent living then the assisted living.

Samantha McCue

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and for coming in to tour our community! We appreciate your nice words. As the Executive Director of Lombard Place, I wanted to follow up with this review just to let you know that we are indeed a licensed, full-service assisted living and memory care community offering comprehensive health care and nursing for our residents. We offer a detailed assessment process, prior to moving-in, that allows our team to determine the best care needs for each of our residents so that you’re loved one receives the right amount of personal care needed. I'd love to chat with you more about the services available for your mother if you are interested? Please feel free to reach out to me, Lesley Durkan, for any further information. Thank you again!

I Saw A Beautiful and Bright Community

I had a nice tour, it was beautiful and brand new. It was very bright and cheery but I didn't see anyone in wheelchairs. After having an assessment they told us mom would not be a good fit. They weren't set up for her needs.

First impression.

My brother hasn't moved in yet. He is scheduled to move 12.29.16. The staff has been extremely friendly and have explained how they work with the residents to get them involved in activities.

Urgent placement needed for the last spot in this location; if our urgency was used to sell this last space while we were in court I would be very disappointed. Great strategy & I could understand them doing it. Was our 1st choice. Impeccably clean; well decorated; many happy people & activities.

Close Second!

My tour of the Lombard Place Assisted Living went great. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they answered all of the questions I had. The place seemed clean and well maintained. The decision came down to location. Other than that this community was great.

My tour!

I was not impressed with this community. It did not seem clean and had a terrible smell. The staff were nice and they offer activities.

Friendly Staff!!

The Lombard Place Assisted Living and Memory Care was a nice well-maintained community. The tour guide was knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. They did not offer me the meals during my tour. Overall it was a nice place.

Good but not great! Needs some improvement!

A beautiful facility. The food can be good and bad. Wish their chicken strips weren't processed chicken and wish the menu wasn't so limited. For the money we pay, I would expect better food.
Some of the caregivers are wonderful and others not so wonderful.....but I guess that's everywhere.
It's a bit pricy.....after the first year they raised prices 4%, plus they keep trying to raise care costs. Be prepared to pay between 6K-10K a month.
When issues in lack of care have been brought to the attention of staff they talk a good game on how things will change, but it never really does. Had too many instances where staff has lied about providing certain care needs, when they don't (and we pay extra for those care needs).
We have also had some problems with medications, staff doesn't always stay informed with med changes and Meds aren't always given on time or when needed.
If they could become more organized regarding Meds, more consistent with care and not so darn expensive, I would give a better rating.

Hello,
Thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Lombard Place Assisted Living and Memory Care. While we regret you have not had the best experience with us, we value your insight and will review each item noted in this review. As a company, we take great pride in the level of service and care we provide to our residents and aim to make sure we live up to high standards we hold here in our organization. We would really like to help turn your experience of our community around. If you'd be willing, we would love to talk directly with you and rectify these issues. Please reach out to Lesley Durkan at [removed] to discuss this in more detail. We hope to hear from you soon.

Many Good Services!!

Lombard Place Assisted Living and Memory Care provided a great atmosphere when i went on my tour. The person that gave me the tour was smart and answered all of my questions. Everything in the community looked updated. The bedrooms and dinning rooms that were shown to me looked clean. I thought everything was well maintained.

Wonderfully kept community!

Everyone at Lombard Place Assisted Living and Memory Care were very helpful and caring. They took the time to listen to our concerns and addressed them appropriately! The community is very well maintained and updated throughout.

Comfort For My Aunt!!

The Lombard Place Assisted Living & Memory Care is great. My aunt is comfortable and feels safe. The community is clean and organized. Staff in this place communicate well and are nice. The meals that my aunt receives are good. On site activities are offered for the residents.

Beautiful community!

We really enjoyed the tour of Lombard Place Assisted Living and Memory Care. The community is very well kept and clean. The staff were very friendly and were able to answer all of my questions. I really wanted Lombard Place for my loved one but they do not offer respite care.

becky mayer

“Thanks you so much for your kind words about Lombard Place. Our respite care availability changes all the time, so please check back with us for updates if you have respite care needs in the future.”

no bed rails allowed;individual bedrooms with large bathroom; use your own furniture;beautiful.new. clean; close to home
residents fully clothed engaged in activities.
must put down 2,400.00 fully refundable if pt eval says mom is not a good fit. needs Dr order, Med orders, chest xray; TB test $4350.00 rent plus level of care cost could be up to $2535.00 monthly.No medicaid. No Elder Life Financial loan

Great facility for Memory care

My family has been very pleased since moving my mom into Lombard Place. She is in Memory Care, and has a very nice, clean room that she is very comfortable in. I am very happy with the staff, who seem to be kind, caring people that have my mother's best interests and health as their priority. I see them work with the other residents, and they are patient and considerate of their needs. I have been present to see a few activities as well, and they seem appropriate for the residents in Memory Care. Overall, I think this was a good decision for my family to place my Mother at Lombard Place. She is happy and well-taken care of there.

A Very Pleasant Community for Seniors

Lombard Place is beautifully appointed. It is a 4 story newer building that is exceptionally clean. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Residents started occupying the building last August and right now I believe it is at full capacity. Because there are now more residents, I think the number of activities could be increased. I also think new residents should have a more thorough orientation to the programs. A new resident welcoming committee could be established with a set plan for new residents--who, what, when, where. This would be helpful especially for older individuals who are experiencing fear and are uncomfortable with change.
My parent is very satisfied with the food. Her caregivers are helpful. I especially like that a nurse is on duty 24/7. The safety measures in place for residents are excellent. I would recommend Lombard Place. My comments above are made to strengthen an already very good facility.

Good Tour

This was a nice community and I was pleased with my tour. The community looked great and everything was nice and clean. This community was to far for us. Other then that I was impressed with this community. Everyone was very nice and friendly. There are nice activities offered. This is a very big community, and the hallways were very nicely decorated. I recommend for anyone to go take a tour.

Mom has made a number of friends since moving in!!!

My mom is doing better than she has in the past since moving into Lombard Place. The staff are very friendly and attentive to the residents needs. The food is good as I have eaten there numerous times. They have a good variety of options to choose from. They have activities for the residents, however she does not participate. They have a beauty salon there so she is able to get her hair done weekly.

SIMPLY AMAZING!

Lombard Place is truly amazing! The staff are attentive, knowledgeable, caring and professional. Their attention to detail is simply top-notch!! Each staff member is wonderful and they all make the residents and guests feel welcome from the very first step into the facility. Meals are scrumptious and menus are very customizable! I'd rate Lombard Place a first-class experience all around! This facility is a true gem.

Waiting To See If Things Improve

Some things are good and some things are not so good at this community. We have been having some issues with the care staff and her medication. They have been messing up her medication and the times they were supposed to give it to her. The head nurse isn't the best, but she now takes care of her medicine herself. It is a beautiful facility and her room is very nice. There is many activities for her to stay busy with. This is a new facility, its only a couple of months old. We are waiting to see everything improves.

Lombard Place recommendation

The staff at Lombard Place are very professional yet friendly...Upon entering you will be greeted with a smiling & knowledgeable staff member (GiGi)... Activities are planned through out the day if you care to participate.... Facility is new & offers comfortable surroundings....Was given very supportive help in filling out the admission papers....

Move In and Transition

We recently moved our parents to Lombard Place. With the help of LP's dedicated staff our move and their transition went smoothly. Since living there, our parents love the food, the staff has been very attentive to their needs and the facility is beautiful and well maintained. I would highly recommend Lombard Place.

Lombard Place

A great place. The activity staff is awesome and keeps my Aunt busy and having fun. The building is clean, and the food is great. Highly recommend.

Exceptional Experience

We are very pleased with our choice to move my husband to Lombard Place it is a very nice community. The staff has been exceptional to us with all the help they provide. The staff is friendly and very kind to us and the other residents around the community that is nice to see. It is a brand new facility so everything looks amazing and clean very well kept. The food is good I would say they need more variety but the presentation is great. i have already recommended this community to some of my friends it is a great place.

Fabulous Find!

After living in their own home for over 55 years, my parents moved to Lombard Place one month ago. This transition isn't easy, but the staff at Lombard Place understands the challenges and is guiding and encouraging our entire family every step of the way.

Though they miss their home, I've seen tremendous positive changes in my parents in the short time that they've been at LP. Thanks to the excellent on-site physical therapy instruction, their strength and balance issues have improved. My dad (a foodie) looks forward to eating three delicious meals each day, and my mom is grateful that she no longer grocery shops, cooks, or cleans up after meals. They have met several other couples and are no longer isolated. My dad was even able to bring his beloved parakeet to live with them at LP!

I wasn't surprised to learn, after their initial assessment, that my parents were considered fall risks and would be paying for additional assistance. I WAS surprised to receive a call a few weeks later that my mom had improved enough to be taken off the list and would no longer be charged for that assistance! Lombard Place truly strives to help its residents maintain independence for as long as possible, and they're honest about charging families only for absolutely necessary services. LOVE THAT!!!

I'm extremely satisfied with our family's decision to move my parents to Lombard Place. They receive great care and support from kind, compassionate people who go the extra mile for them.

So far so good.

So far so good. It's a new facility so they are still working some things out. We have had no issues with maintenance, and the staff is friendly.

Extremely Happy

I am just extremely happy with the Lombard Place Assisted Living facility. My loved one has been living in there for a couple of months now and I really do think that they should be a top - rated place.

They treated my mom very well. The facility was always clean and ran smoothly.

A+

This is a clean and well maintained facility. The staff is caring and courteous. The residents seem happy here, which gives the place a nice atmosphere. They could have more activities for the residents, but other than that A+.

Five Stars

There is honestly just too much to say about the Lombard Place Assisted Living and Memory Care. Overall, I would have to say that it is a fine facility for my loved one, but the activities are a little lacking.

The new Lombard Place Assisted Living and Memory Care in Lombard, IL is the perfect alternative for seniors who value their independence but still need some help from time to time. Carefully designed and professionally managed, Lombard Place features beautiful appointments in a home-like setting. Lombard Place is scheduled to open in the summer of 2015.
Assisted Living at Lombard Place is a balance of choice and independence, all with the support of a caring staff. Our new beautifully designed residences range from studio apartments to one and two-bedroom apartment homes, each with affordable month-to-month rentals and no buy-in fees. At Spectrum Retirement Communities, we pride ourselves in delivering the highest standard of care for our residents, ensuring peace of mind for family members.
At Lombard Place, the dining program features the comfort of fine restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals. We value our residents' opinions and try our best to cater to their specific needs and preferences, that is why each day they can choose from an extensive four-page menu including daily specials. Also with the “anytime dining,” residents do not have to worry about missing a dining time and dietary needs are always taken into consideration.

With its many services and amenities, it's not surprising why many individuals and families choose Lombard Place Assisted Living and Memory Care. While its luxurious setting, spacious floor plans, and chef-prepared meals convince many seniors to make Lombard Place their home, the venue is also popular because of its vibrant community and myriad features.

City Information

As a thriving suburb of Chicago, Lombard boasts a wealth of amenities and attractions. If you or a loved one is planning to reside at Lombard Place Assisted Living and Memory Care, get to know all that Lombard has to offer.

- Median Age: With its median age of 40.3, Lombard boasts a diverse population that includes many seniors aged 65 and older.

- Walkability Score: A sprawling community, Lombard has a walkability score of 44. Many residents prefer to walk or jog in the pleasant parks during warm weather.

- Weather: Lombard has a climate just like Chicago. It experiences all four seasons with the coldest temperatures occurring in late January and early February. Winters can get quite chilly with temperatures dipping into the teens, while summers can heat up and reach into the 90s.

- Veterans Services: The municipality of Lombard is home to American Legion groups and has a substantial veteran presence.

Transportation

Transportation is important to the people of Lombard. Seniors residing in the city have access to:

- Taxis
- Rideshares
- Pace Buses
- Metra trains
- Amtrak trains

Health and Safety

Lombard is a safe community to reside in. The city has an average violent crime rate that is 67.9% lower than the national average. Statistics also show that crime in Lombard is declining.

In terms of healthcare, Lombard features a wide array of doctors and dental offices. Major healthcare centers include Edward-Elmhurst Health Center and Lombard Immediate Care. Other nearby options include:

- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center
- Elmhurst Clinic
- DuPage Medical Group
- VITAS Healthcare
- Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital

Sports and Leisure

Residents of Lombard enjoy sports and recreation. For example, the Lombard Park District features a fitness center that includes reduced fees for senior members. There residents can use fitness equipment and take classes that promote aerobic activity, such as Zumba. The nearby Tri-Town YMCA also features special fitness programming for seniors. Residents of Lombard who enjoy golf can get out on the greens at these area golf courses:

- Sugar Creek Golf Course
- Western Acres Golf Course
- Glen Oak Country Club
- Ken-Loch Golf Links

Fans of tennis will want to check out Lombard Commons, which features multiple public tennis courts. Aside from Lombard Common, the city is home to other picturesque park settings, such as Lilacia Park and Madison Meadow.

Shopping and Entertainment

Lombard is home to many shopping centers and entertainment venues that attract residents and members of other nearby communities. Seniors living in the city will have many options when it comes to shopping, restaurants, and recreation. The following are among the most popular that attract local seniors:

- Helen Plum Library
- Yorktown Center (shopping)
- Shops on Butterfield
- AMC Dine-In Theatres
- Victorian Cottage Museum
- Weber Grill Restaurant
- Babcock's Grove House Restaurant
- DMK Burger Bar

Chicago's suburbs tend to run one into the other, so residents of Lombard frequently visit nearby communities such as Downers Grove and Elmhurst to enjoy the wealth of amenities. Of course, downtown Chicago is a mere 30-minute train ride away and boasts an incredible array of attractions, healthcare facilities, cultural centers, and more.