Benton House of Staley Hills - Kansas City, MO

Benton House of Staley Hills - Kansas City, MO has yet not published prices.

The only thing missing here is size. Excellent facility and great food. Felt a larger facility would be more beneficial for my mother.

Room for improvement

I chose this community because it was a new community. Maybe they are trying to work out the kinks. And they pitched a very good sale. I was promised a lot of things and that haven't happened. There is a high turnover of caregivers. My mom speaks spanish so we have language barriers. They will try to engage her to join in the activities. They haven't vacuumed her room for 3 months and I usually clean her toilet.I was told there was an in house DR. and its visiting nurse. The food is appetizing, they try to accommodate her needs for her softer food or cutting it up so she can eat better. I would tell people to do your research before recommending this community.

My sister loves it here!

My sister is here and everything is going very well. I am most impressed with the staff as they are so easy to communicate with and knowledgeable about the care that they’re giving her. They’ve just been wonderful. They let my sister “work” with them by helping set the table for the other residents, which is something that she’s comfortable with and something that helps make her so happy. They’ve also been extremely helpful in loaning her furniture when she first moved in because when I first moved her, she had come from Florida before the hurricane and didn’t have anything with her. They just moved the furniture from the model apartment and helped her with that. The food options are vast, including her favorite meal (shrimp and applesauce), which they’ve also added to their menu because they know it’s her favorite food. The cleanliness is great too! They have tons of activities like jigsaw puzzles, entertainers about once a week, and there’s a van that will take them out for trips on the town (lately they’ve been driving around looking at the color changes for the new season). The facility itself is pretty new and has a nice enclosed courtyard area that has a patio with grills and she can go outside and sit there and relax. My sister seems to be happy here and they’re doing a great job of helping keep a routine with her. I would recommend them.