Victory Hills - Kansas City, KS

Staffing seemed to really care about the residents. There was a pleasant environment and the residents seemed happy.

A tour for care and comfort

We toured this community and like the staff and the nice clean environment. They have a nice list of activities and the offer a good menu. We wanted a community that has not the additional charge for extra care. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Nice tour

The staff here did a very good job showing me around, they took their time and answered all my questions. There are a lot of amenities here for the residents, it is a nice community but I just didn't feel that this was the best atmosphere for my Aunt and that she would not be happy here.

Lively Community

I am very happy living here. I chose this place due to the price it is within my budget and the location is perfect. The property is very well kept and clean and the staff is friendly.
They offer lots of activities such as exercise classed in the morning which I don't personally attend but the staff at least makes it a point to ask if I would like too.
Every Friday they have a happy hour which is very popular they offer drinks and snacks and they have live entertainment which is a nice feature. The community offers transportation at least twice a week to take people shopping or appointments if needed.
The food is good we are offered at least 2 choices off the daily menu. Meal time is generally between 4:30 and 6:00 which is a little too early for me but it's not an issue for me to bring my meal back to a room and eat when I want. I would recommend them to anyone.

We toured this community for care. We liked the staff who were friendly and answered the questions that we had. They had a nice list of activities that were offered. We liked the atmosphere and the cleanliness of the nice community. The menu was appealing and a lot of nice choice for the residents. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Too depressing. Independent living only 7th floor and up. I co not do above second floor, like closet

Tender Loving Care!

The staff at the Victory Hills took good care of my husband while he was there for a respite stay. The place was clean and they were very accommodating. I would recommend this community to anyone who is looking into it.

I would not use this community for a respite stay again for dad.

My dad did a short respite stay at Victory Hills. The staff seemed nice when you talked to them, however they did not return phone calls. They said they could give dad the care he needed when we first looked a this community, unfortunately they did not seem to be able to follow through on this. They did not seem to help him with some of his personal needs. The community was clean and the food was good. He made a good turn around when he came home.

lots of choices on room plans, independent living or assisted living. Meal choices are great and tastes great too. Friendly staff

I Like It Very Much Here

This community is up kept and the staff are extremely nice and caring, which is the main reason I chose this community. The chef is amazing and I like that he uses seasoning with the meals. I only wish they could change the meat quality, it seems like by-product beef. I do enjoy lots of activities like coloring and watching t-ball games. I would recommend this community highly for its staff.

It's wonderful so far.

It's wonderful so far. Everyone has been so kind and caring. We have been very pleased with Victory Hills. This was mom's first choice.

Recieved complaint

My friend states he has experienced already rudeness in the dining area where staff has been reduced. The person serving is cleaning the tables and complained she was too busy to get an iced tea. He has not received cable and is unable to get his computer hooked up although ge has requested this several times within the short span he has lived there. Janice has quit and he states Tamera is difficult to talk to.

Personable establishment

I am always impressed by the level of care my mother gets here. She is always raving about how nice they are and always asking if I need anything. Its nice to feel like my mother is in a safe place when I am working or away.

very nice and friendly

My first impression was a good one because I happened to get someone who was very, very friendly and she sat down and explained everything to me and she was very enthusiastic. I was very excited to think that there was this nice of a place. Every time I have gone in the staff greets me by first name.

I was very excited to think that there was this nice of a place.

Nice place, overall

I think they do a good job overall at Victory Hills. It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff are all very friendly and caring. The only trouble we've run into is that the maintenance service can be a little slow, and there are some things they don't want you to do yourself so you just have to wait.

Valued price but concerns

Victory Hills is a valued price retirement community. It seems to offer a lot of activities. The building is very old and is in need of updating. In speaking with the residents there was a strong frustration with the elevators breaking down frequently. Dining services did not rate much better. With these issues we decided to pursue another community for our parents.

Positive Experience

mother and father in-law stay at the Victory Hills Kansas City, KS. The facility is very clean. The staff is friendly, caring and professional. Everything really is just great. We have had a positive experience when we visit and we are happy with their overall services.

I met with the marketing co...

I met with the marketing contact Angela at Victory Hills. I was very impressed with her and the staff at Victory Hills. They are just very very friendly and sincere. While I was there, the Priest from a local Catholic Church was saying Mass on a Tuesday afternoon. The residents seemed kind and happy. Not a new facility, but well cared for.

So far, it's been good!

So far, it's been good! Whenever I've visited, it seems clean and my loved one has never complained about it being dirty. The staff are all very friendly and helpful to me. There is good communication, and they are very receptive. When I call, they call me back. There's plenty of stuff to do here. My loved one doesn't take much advatange of it. It would be nice if they maybe had more vans, since not everyone wants to go to the same place. Overall, it's been very nice!

The right mix of attributes

The Victory Hills facility has a mixture of both independent and assisted living people. So, there is a diversity of people in a wide range of ages and experiences to interact with. Meal times are great social events and the live entertainment that comes in is well attended. My mother feels cared for, safe, gets the quiet time when she wants it and the people-interaction when she wants that. I think this place will add years to her life. The cost are reasonable and the room sizes are larger than most place we visited. The on-site beauty salon is a real plus.

This was the most economical option. ...

This was the most economical option. It beat the place I chose by $600. It felt cramped. It wasn't that clean and didn't smell that good. My parents were going to be up on the ninth floor and my father has trouble walking so it was going to be too much for him. It was more about what they had available than it was about the people that are looking for a place if that makes sense. The staff was nice but it just wasn't good. I cried after I left there because I didn't want my parents going to a place like that.

Got a tour of the one-bedro...

Got a tour of the one-bedroom apartment. At the time, we weren't sure how much funds were available but now without the VA benefits, would be difficult to afford.

My mom & I visited here. Large facil...

My mom & I visited here. Large facility, 10 floors. Only has two bedroom, two bath. No one bedroom available.

Victory Hills Retirement Community is located on Painted Hills Golf Course in Kansas City Kansas just 5 minutes east of the new Village West/ Legends area in Western Wyandotte County. We offer Independent as well as Assisted Living for Residents in our community.

Assisted Living Apartments are located on floors 2-5. There are 14 Apartments on each floor with Nursing Staff 24 hours a day to assist residents. We offer Medication Management, assistance with ADL’s, transportation to shop, and doctor’s appointments, weekly house keeping, 3 meals a day, and days filled with fun activities.

Independent Living Apartments are located on floors 6-10. Independent Residents are able to enjoy the independence of still having there own apartment while still have the security of having 24 hour nursing staff in the building. Pendants are worn that will alert the nurses pagers when a resident of assisted or independent need help. There is not an extra charge for his service. Small pets are welcome with a one time deposit.

Victory Hills Retirement Community finished a remodeling and refurbished in December of 2005. The landscape was finished the spring of 2006. We offer covered parking, storage units, and so much more.