Heritage Village of Gladstone - Gladstone, MO

A little out dated

When I walked in this facility I was not very impressed at all. It was a little too dark for me. The residents were all quiet and looked somewhat uncomfortable. I felt like this would not be the best choice for our loved one. The staff did show us around, but it just was not the place for me.

David Schechter

The facility was updated in January of 2017 with new lighting through out the common areas

It's a wonderful place.

It's a wonderful place. The staff, and Kim [removed] in particular have just been fantastic. We have been very happy with Heritage Village so far.

Do Not Recommend

There was one nurse that was really good to my grandma. Other than that, I feel like the staff [removed] her and she left with dehydration and pneumonia. It was assisted living, but I don't see how she could have come in and then leave a month later with dehydration and pneumonia. I really don't have any good things to say about them. It was clean on the first floor, but the rest of place is filthy. My overall experience was awful and I would never suggest anyone to go there.

very pleased

My mother has done very well there at Heritage Village of Gladstone. The overall atmosphere is very warm and comforting. I know that she is being very well taken care of. The service, the staff, the food, and everything all seems to be above par.

The only area for improvement I have noticed is that mom needs a little more encouragement to make sure that she is showering as often as she needs to.

Overall we are really very pleased.

My mom has dementia and they are real...

My mom has dementia and they are really patient with her. She has adjusted well and likes most everyone there. The staff is super! We are very happy with everything especially the cost.

They have been very good about a lot of things.

My mother has complaints, but I haven't seen the things she is complaining about. They have been very good about a lot of things. They were really helpful getting us moved in. I have seen little things, there was a light out in a hallway. I haven't seen any major problems. They are probably a little better than average.

Fair

My Mother has only been there seven weeks. She is getting use to it. She has a very nice room with all of her own things. The activies she has not participated in, she is having trouble with balance and walks with a walker. she has maculate degeneration on the eyes.

We moved her here so she would have 24/7 care and she does have that some of it better than others. The nights are the worst for her.

I felt the Gladstone facili...

I felt the Gladstone facility was too dark as my Mother and Aunt have low vision. I was also looking for a place where they could have their own living room and that did not seem to be available. I was very concerned that all of the rooms had Bath Tubs and my Mother or Aunt cannot manuever in and out of a bathtub. My Mom couldn't even with assistance. I felt the outside area was not inviting. However the Platte City facility outside area was very nice and only one level. If there had been rooms with private living rooms, and a walk in shower, I may have considered it. It was very nice. Even saw an old friend there who likes living there. I like the fact that they check up on the person if they don't make it to meals.

A look @ Heritage Village

We stopped in at the heritage Village and found the community was nice but it did not fit what my mom was looking for. My mom has a scooter that she needs to get around and we felt there were no fire exits for emergency for her to get out in time also we felt there was not enough staff to help she such a occurence was to happen. We also found that the community was a little bite more what we were looking for spend.

They do a great job here

We're very very happy with Heritage Village! Dad really seems to love it here. The nursing staff in particular do a really excellent job, they're very friendly and caring. I've also noticed that the residents themselves all just seem to be happy and well cared for in general. It really is a great place, and I would recommend it to anyone!

Seems nice

We were fine with it, I think they would have been accomodating to special needs even though we didn't have any. We chose it because it was referred to us by A Place for Mom and when we toured it was clean and nice and the manager was very friendly and informative. The rest of the staff was just fine, no problem. I know they took them on little trips and then they took them down to the park to the music in the park and they'd take them out for ice cream and they did play bingo. The fact that it was very clean and they did do crafts with them, it seemed like a nice place.

Facility was OK. Office and staff ar...

Facility was OK. Office and staff area did not look organized. Don't think it is what we want.

I had a very pleasant visit with the ...

I had a very pleasant visit with the Director. I had a nice tour of the facility and she was very helpful in answering my questions.

Facility was OK. Office and staff ar...

Facility was OK. Office and staff area did not look organized.

We have toured Heritage Village and h...

We have toured Heritage Village and have set a move-in date, subject to family approval of my decision.

At Heritage Village we believe in providing quality care while helping each resident reach their highest level of independence. We are proud to offer licensed residential care and adult day care services to accommodate older adults’ needs.

We provide 24 hour protective oversight for all of our residents. Our nursing staff are highly trained professionals dedicated to the personal health and wellness of each and every resident. Heritage Village provides the highest quality of care for those who can physically and mentally negotiate a path to safety, dress themselves, and move around independently. Canes, walkers and wheelchairs are welcome.

Heritage Village offers private and semi-private studios equipped with private bathrooms, emergency call lights, individual temperature controls and wall to wall carpet. Heritage Village encourages all residents to bring furniture and other belongings to personalize their room and make it look and feel more like home. In addition to our studios, we have cozy sitting areas, TV lounges, living rooms, and activity areas that provide our residents with comfortable living areas beyond their individual rooms.

Medicaid residents can enjoy semi-private rooms along with all the amenities.