Osprey Manor - Lakeland, FL

Osprey Manor - Lakeland, FL has yet not published prices.

Was in my price range for sure. The large 1 bedroom I was showed and fell in love with it. The draw backs no security - not many activities offered - menu looked very nice - but the times offered would not work for me. [name removed] a very nice tour guide
///////////////////////////////

Will not work for me. Price was very good and the large 1 bedroom villa I was showed was lovely. No security - no 24 hr at all. Not comfortable with the location of the property. Meal plan would not work for me.

I loved the home-like feeling of this community. The director, [name removed] and the tour guide were very helpful. The apartments, eating area, multi-purpose room, and the library were nicely arranged. There are plenty places to go for those who live there.

Very disappointed

I am very disappointed with this facility. There are things that are misrepresented. The apartment that I have, there is a lot wrong with it and I have talked to one of the people about it. The gentleman who is supposed to fix it, well let’s just say there are more things not done. The maintenance team is trying to fix it as well, but these things shouldn’t happen. The manager that I was familiar with when I first moved in has been fired and previously before that 12 people had left. They are still some issues that they are dealing with. Not only myself, but other people are not happy here. This facility is an independent living community however I believe a lot of people here should be assisted. They are very nice but some of these folks are cognitively challenged which just makes it more difficult. The food that they provide as well do not accommodate to people at all. It’s heavily salted and I call it ‘Jail House Food’. It’s just high in carbs and sugar. Every single morning they serve scrambled eggs and maybe sausage and bacon. There really isn’t any variety. I have experience rude behavior from their staff that was completely inappropriate. I have complained about it, but it should not have happened. Many people are afraid to speak up about their experience because they are afraid of retribution. Again I am very disappointed and I would definitely not recommend.

I give High Marks

My mom, brothers and I give Osprey Manor high marks and would recommend this facility to any senior looking for somewhere to live.My mom loved Osprey Manor at first sight. It was the first and only residence we visited.
Highlights:
Outside- nice tiled porch with inviting, comfortable outdoor furniture.
Inside - A beautiful fish tank, huge TV and quality furniture in the common areas.
Affordable - my mom can afford despite a very limited income.
Her room - A small studio apartment that has everything she needs including a kitchen, large fridge and spacious closets.
Staff - Everyone I met (management/maintenance/kitchen staff) were all friendly and helpful.
[Removed] - she did a wonderful job finding Osprey Manor on short notice. She is a superb advisor.

Blessing in disguise

I found this community by accident the place I was supposed to move into wasn't ready. So someone told me about Osprey and I checked it out and it was a great move. They feed you 3x a day the food service is good. I live in the independent part and they come in weekly to clean and to do the linens. You have an option for them to do all of your laundry for the month. Maintenance is slow at getting to my request and it's at 80% still. The caregivers are nice. The management is overall good.I attend some of the activities like an auction, I call it lima bean auction. They offer a good bus service on Monday's and Tuesday's they will take you to the doctor and on Friday's they take you shopping. I would recommend this community.