Lake Howard Heights - Winter Haven, FL

Very nice facility. Good food. Responsive staff. A little concerned there is only a small screened porch and little outdoor space in which to take a walk.

Too large

This is a very nice facility except it was too large. They have 5 floors and they have a tall tower and because of this my love one would not want to move here. The food is terrific because they serve you breakfast, they have muffins that they make there, the staff is friendly, and it’s very clean. Unfortunately it was just too big for my love one’s taste.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your feedback; we appreciate your review of our community!

Liked this although severe damage from hurricane. Working on repairs last Month.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Lake Howard Heights. We appreciate your feedback and we're looking forward to being better than ever!

Great Meals!!

My parents have both recently made the move into this community and so far things are going well for them . They are pleased with there new living environment and seem to have adapted well. The staff have been helpful with the transition and I am comfortable with the care they have been receiving. They have a great menu of a variety of meals too choose from during there dinning experience and are enjoying every one of them. Overall we are pleased with this place and would recommend it to anyone interested.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback. We would love to hear any additional thoughts you have on how we can create a five star experience. Please feel free to contact us directly at our community phone number!

A Wonderful Community lives at Lake Howard Heights

My 93 year old mother has been a resident since 2004 following my father's death. She started off in the independent living tower, and over time, is now in the assisted living wing. These folks are the best. Great leadership, dedicated care givers, and an excellent support staff. As you can imagine, their jobs are not easy. Always demanding, sometimes grumpy, and often lonely-the residents by and large appear relatively happy and satisfied. My mom has made, and lost many friends over the 13 years-but the Lake Howard Team gets 5 stars and a big thumbs up from my family.

SLC Midwest

Bruce, thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your confidence in us and we're honored that your mother has chosen to make her home here at Lake Howard Heights!

The Best Place for Mom

My mother has been a resident of Lake Howard Heights for over 4 years and loves it. She loves the location and the staff and feels very safe there. There are so many activities for her to participate in, but her favorite is the "mystery rides" where she goes on the LHH bus to an unknown restaurant for lunch. The staff are very caring and very accessible for questions or concerns that I may have. They keep an eye on her and have let me know immediately when need be. Is she doesn't show up for a meal, they will immediately call her or go to her room to make sure she is well. The maintenance staff is constantly trying to improve the facility inside and out. Lake Howard Heights overlooks beautiful Lake Howard, inspiring tranquility. There is always a lovely breeze.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your mother is making her home here at Lake Howard Heights!

Peace of Heart for You and Your Loved One

My mother started off as a temporary winter resident at Lake Howard Heights, then decided to stay permanently as an Independent resident, and is now being cared for as an assisted living resident. Each member of the LHH staff has been extremely helpful, courteous, patient, and compassionate in meeting my mother's changing needs. LHH provides a clean, safe, healthy, and family-oriented living environment for my loved one. I highly recommend Lake Howard Heights.

SLC Midwest

Denise, thank you so much for your recommendation of Lake Howard Heights! We appreciate your confidence in us and we're honored to care for your mother!

Super place to live!

Lake Howard Heights had been wonderful for my Mother during her stay. She is no longer with us but, she so enjoyed the activities, friendships, and staff there! Lake Howard Heights gave her the independence that she still wanted, with the driving service to grocery, doctor appointments, and shopping. I teased with her that I would change places with her and live there myself!

SLC Midwest

Denise, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your confidence in us and we're very honored to have been a part of your mother's life.

Wonderful fit for mom

My loved one was taking full advantage of the social aspects of Lake Howard Heights.She did a sitter-size class, a painting class and attending events they had going on. One thing I noticed first was how clean it is and it always smells nice. The have always been attentive to her and welcomed her the first day by giving her a tour, reviewing the activities calendar and of course, going over her daily needs. She's been in rehab and they even visit her there to see how she's doing. They let her know she's missed and sometimes bring her a treat. We know we made the right choice for our loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate your confidence in us! Our goal is to provide the best possible experience for our residents and families and your input helps us to meet that goal.

Just like home!

Everything has been going great here. The staff is good and the community is always clean and neat. The only thing that I did not like was the furniture in the lobby. It was out dated. They have changed it now though. They are really good about keeping me in touch with what is going on.

Picture perfect!

My loved one is very, very happy here. They are treating her very well. They do offer a lot of activities, but my loved one has not started participating in any yet. My loved one also has a beautiful view of the Lake from her apartment.

My Parent are Doing Very Well Here

My parents are doing very well here at this community. They have adjusted very well to it, and I'am satisfied with their move here. The staff is very good, they have been very helpful and friendly. There are nice activities available for the residents. They are very pleased with the meals. I know they are safe and in good hands here. This is a community I would recommend it. It is a good community.

They Really Go Out of Their Way for The Residents

My mother really loves it here, she is doing great here at this community. Everything has worked out very well, I'am pleased with her move here. She is always doing something, they offer nice activities. The staff really goes out of their way to make sure the residents are well taken care. It is a very nice looking community, they do a very good job with the cleanliness. We would highly recommend this community, it has worked out very well for us. She is in good hands here.

Lake Howard Heights is perfect for my dad!

From the moment we went for our first tour, we knew this was the place for my dad. Everyone was so friendly, the dining room was bright and inviting, the rooms were clean and spacious...it was perfect!

Lake Howard Heights is the best IL and AL around!

Lake Howard Heights is a great place! We looked at seven different places, when searching for assisted living for my dad, and none of them provided the friendly staff and value that LHH did. And, Brian [Removed], the sales director, could NOT be more helpful!

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. I thought Lake Howard Heights seemed like a nice enough place. The staff I spoke to were friendly, and the services they offered seemed comparable to other locations I toured. However, I didn't really like the high-rise setup, and the only room they had available when we toured was on the 11th floor. We ended up selecting another community, but Lake Howard Heights is worth a look if you're looking in the area!

Too young to live at the Lake...

We recently needed to relocate my grandmother nearer to our family. We researched several places before finding Lake Howard Heights. By far this has been the best experience. I enjoy going and visiting with the other residents when I am there. They put a smile on my face and I always try to leave a smile on theirs. Everyone is so kind. The staff treat you like you are family. The grounds are very nice. The interior is very well kept and nicely decorated. The food is exceptionally good. I am a vegetarian and usually do not like the tasteless food prepared in the other facilities so I am thankful that the dining room and kitchen are upscale and restaurant style. What upsets me is that my sister and I are too young to become residents.

So far

We haven't moved our sister in yet, but couldn't ask for nicer people so far. Have been very helpful and willing to help. Hope this continues, if so couldn't ask for better.

They obviously don't care

I had one appointment with Brian (Bryan). I made the appointment directly with him. He failed to show up or even call. Through a third party, I was advised that he would call me to schedule another appointment. That was almost a week ago. He never called.

I can't imagine living in a facility where the employees take commitments so lightly.

SLC Southeast

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your appointment to visit with us. I apologize that there has been apparent confusion about the confirmed timing and what apartment product type you are interested in. I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you further about your concerns.

Again, my deepest apologies that your experience was less than desirable and I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,
Glenda L. Hanley
Executive Director
[removed]

Friendly, accommodating staff

Overall we're very pleased with how things have gone at Lake Howard Heights! The people here are all very friendly, and the manager has been incredibly accommodating when working with us! He even drove out to my house when I couldn't make it to make sure some paperwork got taken care of!

Dear “Anonymous”,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so very pleased that you have had such a great experience. We do our best each and every day to do all we can to help our existing residents and those who are contemplating becoming a part of our Lake Howard Heights family. We are so thankful that you chose to join us!

Glenda Hanley
Executive Director

Kind, personable staff

We are 100% satisfied with Lake Howard Heights, it's a great place! The staff are all very personable and friendly, and they are so so kind to all of the residents! They're always available if you need help. My parents are really enjoying themselves here, we wouldn't be happier!

Terrific staff!

My father passed away after only being there a short time, but he was enjoying himself and was treated really well. I think he would have thrived at Lake Howard Heights. Everyone was terrific to him.

Very bad

They didn’t clean her apartment. They were just awful. When she first got there the food was no better than dog food. It was mush. Finally they got another cook and the food improved. I do not recommend this community.

SLC Southeast

I apologize that your experience with us was less than favorable. Our goal is to deliver the highest quality services to our residents. We are committed to delivering an excellent dining experience and to maintaining the cleanliness of the community. I would love to speak with you personally in order to learn more specifically about your concerns. You can reach me at [removed] or via email at [removed]. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thanks, Executive Director Glenda Hanley.

Lake Howard Heights

My Sister move my Father into Lake Howard Heights in November. The move went very smoothly. His room is spacious, neat and clean. He was able to bring all the things he wanted from home. Dad is enjoying the meals and the fact he is not having to cook, grocery shop, and clean up. The staff is very friendly and helpful. He is getting used to not driving and using the transportation provided for services at Lake Howard Heights. I visited several times during the holiday season and found there was good entertainment and activities to attend daily. He is active in the sittersise and looks forward to attending. He participates in games and social activities. The staff is aware of the safety and whereabouts of the residents. The dining room, lobby, activity, computer room are all very nicely decorated and clean. The building exterior is in the process of being painted and looks very nice. There are nice views out the windows, especially from the front of the building with the lovely lake view of Lake Howard.

SLC Southeast

Dear “Ramona”, On behalf of the staff and management team at Lake Howard Heights, I would like to personally thank you for taking time from your busy day to recognize us for our commitment to your dad. I am so pleased to hear that he is adjusting so very well. We thank you for your input as it is our goal to provide the best-in-class service and care to our residents. If at any time I can be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at [removed] or via email at [removed]. Thank you again for allowing us the honor to care for your dad.