Azalea Park - Lakeland, FL

Liked this one but only one elevator and no pool. The area is the strong point and a manager willing to pull out carpeting and glass shower doors.

I was very pleased with the facility the rooms the staff. This is a very highly possibility

Comfort for my grandmother!!

My grandmother is very comfortable in her apartment. The place is clean and they provide 3 meals a day which she says are very good. she is starting to make friends and join in activities. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a good place.

They do not have medical or long term care, not good for my family needs.

Gorgeous but not right

I got to tour this community and just did not feel that for the expensive price they charged that my loved one would get the proper one on one care they needed. The apartments were gorgeous though and the community was nice.

Review of Azalea Park - Lakeland, FL

I really love Azalea Park and the staff.

It has been perfect for my mother in law.

The Azalea Park is great. It has been perfect for my mother in law. It's in a great location. It's affordable. My mother in law only speaks high things about it. It's been easy for her to adjust. It's a real attentive community. Everything has been working out great. Everything is excellent. We are just really pleased. I can't rate the activities because she doesn't participate in them. It is not applicable.

I love it so much.

I love it so much. They have three meals a day, and the food is delicious. I don't have to cook, or clean. I can stay at other Holiday locations around the country, for up to 7 days. I am very happy with it. I thoroughly enjoy it. I would highly recommend it, I really love it. I have plenty of room for all of my furniture in a studio, it's really spacious.

Holiday Retirement

Hi! I'm Katie at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you SO much for your sincere review and kind words! We strive to make all of our residents feel happy, secure, and very much at home, so reviews like this really make our day!

Thanks again,
Katie

No Complaints

The staff are all very nice and respond when there is anything that we have requested. They seem to be doing pretty good. It seems to be okay. I thought this was a very nice looking place, and the staff all seemed friendly and professional!

Looked like a nice place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place, and the staff all seemed friendly and professional! Definitely worth a look, if you're looking into senior care in the area.

excellent!

The staff there at Azalea Park has been excellent. I have been very impressed with how well they interact with everybody. Any time there is anything that they can do to help, they are right there to do whatever they can. The food is excellent too.

The only drawback that I see is that there is only one elevator which can hinder transportation, but at the same time I am sure it helps encourage them to get around more.

It has been a great experience!

Beautiful community. Great ...

Beautiful community. Great location. Clean, friendly environment. Bright and cheerful common areas. Nicely appointed accommodations, varying in size and floor plan.

Money concerns

It’s a nice enough place, but they were more concerned about money. They were really pushy about signing contracts, which for someone who is vulnerable might mean they It is nice and they take care of the people they have until they run out of money.

I really have no complaints about thi...

I really have no complaints about this place. The food is great! the staff are all friendly, and they offered exactly what I needed. When I was searching, I really didn't find anything comparable. The parking is decent, and there are outdoor areas for use. Overall, I see no areas where they need to improve.

toured 2/7/14 liked. but a...

toured 2/7/14 liked. but a bit pricey

Pretty good, overall

My loved one seems to like it here. It's clean, the people are friendly, and the other residents are nice. The only issue she has is that the meal service is slow. Every meal becomes a 1-2 hour event, and sometimes she just wants to get in and out of there quickly. She said it is a common complaint amongst the residents.

So Much to Offer!

They have a Medicare staff that her Medicare pays for which we didn't have at the other place, so that is a good thing. We also pay 10 a day for extra help, at the community, and there was communication problems between the two of them. They call to tattletale on each other, and we didn't like that. For example, they have a buddy system to get her for dinner and lunch and breakfast didn't eat for a while because she was new and didn't know what to do, and the services weren't communicating with each other. Now it is taken care of. Whenever something comes up, you can talk to the people and the address the issue right away.

Also, when we ate with her, the meals are so drawn out, but it is OK for them. It took and hour and a half for lunch, and my husband was a little restless. It is a huge dining room and everyone gets served at the same time, so it is bound to take a long time. It is good entertainment for them, since she doesn't have anywhere else to go after. They give them choices, but I don't know if that is a good thing. She gets confused about what to choose and would probably eat whatever they gave her! The quality of the food is fine, and they always have a salad. It is like cooking for an army.

It's very large, although it is homey. The director is more like a Realtor, she knows who they are and they have name tags, and they intermingle. All the directors get together and interact with the residents.

If I had to live somewhere this is probably where I would live.

They have a library, hair place, nail salon, and church there, but my husband takes her to her own church. They also have a bus to take them places. They called for permission to take on the bus the first time, but now it's in her file that she can go.

She does not like the physical therapy there, so now the Medicare lady does physical therapy for her. She doesn't like to do the memory tests and what not. I am happy that they do them with her though because they are good for her.

It is a good budget. We had recommendations and we know residents there. It was like a little reunion when we first got there!

They decorate beautifully for the holidays, thanksgiving, Christmas. They have quiet background music going all the time. It is really pretty. When you walk in it is like a luxury hotel.

They have independent living there and they call them the ambassadors to help out the new people or the people in assisted living. In independent you can have up to a two bedroom, which is just like a regular apartment

It fills up really fast, and I think we got the last room. We had hoped to move her to the first floor, but it is $500 to move rooms.

Very social place, but if you don't want to be social you can take your meals in your room. We would definitely recommend.

I was very impressed with a...

I was very impressed with all of the personnel and residents of this establishment. While I'm looking for myself, I would highly recommend it to anyone. The food was delicious and I'm bringing back my sons to preview Azalea Park for themselves and get their input. I'm seriously considering moving here.

We’re the Florida destination you’ve been looking for. Conveniently situated in a quiet suburb of Tampa, we’re close to wonderful shopping, fine dining, churches and world-class healthcare. Come home to us at the inviting and warm Azalea Park, you’ll wish you’d done it sooner.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind