Walnut Creek - Mansfield, TX

Feels like home.

Walnut Creek is a really nice assisted living and memory care facility. We recently toured here and put a deposit down for my mother-in-laws upcoming respite care. [Name removed] and the staff are friendly and caring. I would definitely recommend Walnut Creek.

Perfect Fit

My wife is in this community and it is nice. The caregivers are kind. They try to engage her to do daily activities. We take walks to the assisted living side and she'll have lots of room to walk. The food is good and filling. It is clean but they could do better. Also there is a trash can in the dining room that never has a liner in it.

The Community Experience

My sister is fine since moving into the community.

My Dad is in a safe place

My dad is in the Memory unit at Walnut Creek so he is not too happy there as he still has some memory his home. But I am really happy with the care my father is getting at Walnut Creek and I feel that he is safe there.
I like it that the staff keeps me well informed and my father is seen by their resident doctor as well as receiving home healthcare support that helps my dad bath and addresses his care for blood clots. there is also a home health nurse who comes in once a month.
They do bring my father to the main population when there are special events like music which he loves and the Sunday church services. In the memory unit, they encourage my dad to play games like plastic horse shoes or badmittion with a balloon that keeps him active.
I certainly would recommond Walnut Creek to my friends and family.

Not the right fit

It was a nice tour at Walnut Creek - Mansfield. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. They answered all of our questions. We like the looks of the community and it was very clean. We ended up choosing another community because of the staff to resident ratio. We wanted more staff on hand to be able to take care of any issues that may arise.

My father's care

I am happy with the care that my father is getting. The staff is very kind. I like that if there is an issue they are right on top of things. The menu could use some improvements. They do offer activities for the residents and he enjoys being with the residents. We would recommend the care of this community to other families for the care and value for a loved

My tour of this community went well. The community looked great. The residents appeared to be happy. The person that walked me around the community was kind. My only issue was the slight pressure i felt when discussing signing a lease.

Greeted With Cookies

My tour with this community was a good experience. Even though I was shown all through the place i felt this was not the right fit. It was clean with suitable staff. i did not get a change to sample their food. I enjoyed having cookies as a gift from the community.

Walnut Creek was good but I don't think it is right for my mother in law. She is used to living in Arlington and this is in Mansfield and not close to her friends and her church, but it is close to me.

Great Care for Dad

I was happy with the care that my father received while he was here.The staff was caring and very nice. I know that they had alot of turn over with the staff. They offered him activities to help him stay active. He was happy with the food that was served . I do recommend the care that is given here to other families.

Best Of The Best!!

The Walnut Creek community has been providing good services for my grandmother. I feel that she is in a safe place with caring staff that also communicate well. I would recommend this place to friends and family they offer tasty healthy meals and great activities as well.

Tender Loving Care!!

The Walnut Creek is a great place for respite care. The meals have been great. The portions and taste are good most importantly they are healthy. I would recommend this community because the staff are attentive and friendly. The communication is above and beyond, there are no complaints about anything.

Move your mother/father out of this place!

Our family is very unhappy about this facility. Every visit there was an issue with safety, cleanliness, promptness, and responsible care for our family member. We do not recommend Walnut Creek to anyone looking to have a loved one looked after. We are moving our family member to a more professionally-run facility.

We do not recommend this place

We are very disappointed in this place :( We moved my Grandmother here in November 2015 so she could be closer to us (her Granddaughter) because my Dad, her son lives overseas. We started of with concerns due to the reviews but after speaking with the Manager about our concerns we wanted to give them a chance! BIG MISTAKE! Although some of there staff have been great to my Grandmother, which we are very thankful for, the administration is just awful. If you ask for something to get done...It wont happen or you have to keep calling to get it done. My absolute biggest issue was after my Grandmother had passed away. She had past away in her bed, I asked for her sheets on her bed to be stripped and washed so the smell wouldn't set in after her laying in them, deceased for over 8h. Since it was going to be another 2 weeks until we were able to get her room cleaned out. They assured us it would be done and after my Dad had asked them a few days later about it, it was once again assured that IT HAD BEEN done. After 2 weeks we came back to get everything moved, when we opened the door the stench just hit us, her sheets that she had passed away in were still on the bed, nothing had been done. It was absolutely disgusting. Also her door was unlocked after we were ensured that no one would step foot in her room unless they go to clean/wash her stuff, which obviously wasn't the case. After talking to the staff and even Manager, no one could tell us why or what was going on. We were told that we would get a partial refund on her last month rent but haven't received it yet. We are very disappointed how everything, especially after she passed away, was handled. Even thou there were some staff members there that we truly liked and appreciated we would not recommend that you put your loved ones in here.

Dangerous

This place is disgusting, the caregivers are rude and poorly trained, the executive director needs to be a grocery lot attendant at the nearest Super Market. My Father lived at here and was neglected the whole time he was a resident, always soiled, his apartment and laundry were never done, he barely even ate, he remained confined to his apartment dispite all the activities that were promised to us, something needs to be done to close this dump down the residents are nothing more than a dollar sign so glad dad is no longer there.

Enjoy viewing the new renovations and meeting their new nurse; great team. I would move my loved one here.

ill mannered nurse

The property is beautiful. But the nurse is horrible she is unprofessional, ill mannered, and a embarrassment to herself and the facility. I'll be moving my parents immediately!!

Rip Off

How dare they go up on my mother's level of care which resulted in a higher rate without telling me.....i can't get my mom out of here fast enough!!!!

Not worth it

My mother in law currently resides here, facility is beautiful, caregivers are friendly and well trained. The administration is a completely different story. [removed] My mother in law has fallen several times, her laundry has gone missing, residents continuously wander right out the front door right pass the Directors office. We will be moving as soon as possible. My husband and I have wasted enough time and money here.

Unprofessional

Stay away the Executive Director is a liar and a scam artists, she guaranteed activities, quality care, quality food and to remain accessible at all times for any questions or concerns....i've had to call her twelve times before her assistant called me back and resolved the issue at hand

When we went to meet with Cindy she was so helpful, she explained everything to us that we could understand she answered all of our questions, so the family has decided to place Mom & Dad at this facility.

Nigjt

Where do I begin....Executive Director is a complete air head, unprofessional and all over the place. I was promised the moon and stars prior to moving my dad in the facility once there it was a nightmare. Director has no clue on what takes place in her own facility, more vacancies than occupants, the nurse unprofessional and dressed like a [removed], receptionists all are very ignorant, unhappy look as though the were [removed], private caregivers hang out gossiping about how the place sucks, food is low quality need I say more.......moved dad out after 10 days of this hellish place

Unhappy. Moved my mother out after 2 weeks.

The director assured us that all of the specific needs of my mother could and would be met, however we did not find that to be true. One instance was they would assist her with a shower. She did not get a shower until about the 6th day that she was there. The home health care company nurse that came every morning to help her noticed this and sent an assistant from the home health company to help her until Walnut Creek helped. I was unhappy with things one care partner and the nurse said about my mother and the nurses over-reaction to one situation. In one instance the nurse said she couldn't help and a family member was responsible and needed to come stay with her. So I came and stayed the night and everything was fine.

Disappointed

Unfortunately, especially for my mother, our experience was the opposite of what we were told it would be.
We were lead to believe that the Walnut Creek, Mansfield, facility would be able to meet my mother's needs. That did not happen.
After 17 days, we had to put my mother through another move.
I would suggest the administrative staff be better trained to give full disclosure of what the care givers are able to do.

Very Pleased!

My mom moved in recently and has been settling in, but so far it's been great and I'm just very pleased!

Good experience

We recently moved my mom in and have had a good experience. Staff is knowledgeable, answers questions. The care giving is good and the residents are well taken care of.

Everything is going fairly well.

Everything is going fairly well. Tracy was the director when we first decided to move in, she was excellent and one of the reasons I chose Walnut Creek. Cindy is the director that replaced her, and she is very good too. Mom actually likes it here. The food is good, and she says the girls are just excellent there, they will even knock on the door and ask if they can vacuum for her. She says that everything is very clean and she is very picky. The only problem we have had, is a little bit of push back from the R.N., she is new, and there may have been a lag in communication, about policies, and how things are done. Other than that we really haven't had any issues.

Things are working out well.

Things are working out well. They are doing a good job. I don't have any concerns or complaints at this time. We are very happy with them, so far.

Excellent, great, this is ...

Excellent, great, this is where I wish I could send my father!!!!

Above and Beyond

Very impressed with this community so far! The value is comprable to everything else I've seen out there. I've eaten there a few times, and there was nothing wrong with the food. I wouldn't say they're very diabetic friendly, but the meals are fine. One thing I like is that there is a a doctor on call! If we need anything, we can always use them. Also, they make prescriptions so much easier! The billing is once a month, and that is much more convenient!
Walnut Creek has gone above and beyond for my loved one. They've really helped make her comfortable. They make it feel like home for her, and really helped her settle in!

Lovely & Safe

I couldn't be happier with this facility and have nothing negative to say about it. It is beautifully decorated inside and is clean and fresh, the building layout is easy to navigate, the facility is located in a lovely and safe residential neighborhood, but is convenient to businesses one might need to frequent for apartment supplies. I am also very impressed with the staff~~they are friendly and polite and take care of their duties with a smile. It can be a little difficult to get in touch with the director by phone because of her busy schedule, but I've seen her in action and know that she is very good with the residents and she pays attention to how and what they are doing. Staff turnover isn't high, and my parents, who have Alzheimer's and dementia, have adjusted now and tell me that they really like it there and are making friends. My favorite thing about this facility is the size of the apartments~~they are much roomier than most of the ones I saw at other facilities.

Not a good fit. Memory car...

Not a good fit. Memory care facility full and the Assisted living at her level would be more expensive than a certified facility.

Positives: Met with the director, - pe...

Positives: Met with the director, - personable, knowledge, good facility. Level 2 care choice of size of room, Memory care on site. Skilled nursing care. Negatives: paid for skilled care not needed at this time in the room rate, Rates were daily(increase daily?)Too expensive, Services based on point system - was difficult to estimate total cost.

Live the country club life at Walnut Creek, where top-notch amenities and convenient services blend under one roof for an enriching experience. Our Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Mansfield, Texas, offers a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and caring that promotes companionship among residents and staff with evening bingo parties, regular health and educational seminars, veterans’ programs and bible studies. Thoughtfully designed floor plans give residents something to be proud of with European kitchens and high ceilings complement safety features such as personal security systems and emergency call buttons. Residents will find plenty of things to do and many ways to relax around the community with a spa room, comfortable lounge areas and activity center where friendly card and board games take place every day. Scheduled courtesy transportation allows residents to get out and explore the Metroplex area with weekly shopping trips and lunch outings. Our professional and caring staff offers 24-hour assistance and support services including medication administration and escort assistance, and other medical services are nearby at Mansfield Methodist Hospital.