Emerald Oaks - Yuba City, CA

I liked what I saw

I had looked at several homes in Yuba City. Emerald Oaks feels like home. I read the reviews and I felt I needed to see for myself. I called and was treated with respect and kindness. My tour was about one hour. I was not pressured to do a placement. The office manager , Debbie was very helpful and took the time needed for me to ask questions. I was invited to stay for lunch and I took advantage of the offer. The food was delicious. I have decided to place my dad in Emerald Oaks.

The best care

My first day there was a joy. The food was good and plenty of it. The Activity director had a party going on with dancing and it seemed everyone was having a great time. I have internet so I can visit with friends and family. I plan on living at Emerald Oaks for a long time. The staff are very caring and I no longer feel like my family's worried about me.

Bad Experience

We really had a bad experience with this community. It seems like there care plan is to manage through drugs. They are not prepared to manage a resident that is active and moving around. They would prefer if they are in a coma like trance and watching TV. They do not have common areas for them to socialize. They sit in their rooms and watch TV there. They only have bathrooms in their rooms so if they are walking around they have to make it back to their room to use the bathroom. They do not have any activities there is no such thing as fun. We would not keep my loved one here if it was free.