Atria Northgate Park - Cincinnati, OH

Atop a sprawling lawn in a quiet, residential neighborhood, you’ll find Atria Northgate Park, a charming, vibrant senior community. Take advantage of our full social calendar or enjoy peace and relaxation on your private patio. Atria Northgate Park is within minutes of Cincinnati’s finest shops and restaurants.

Home and Care

We are happy with the care from this community. The staff is helpful and nice. They offer her the options to have a meal that is offered. We like the cleanliness of the community. The community has a lot of activities that she is enjoying. We would recommend others to this community for a good place to live for the care and value.

Not As Impressed

This community was okay, however, I was not overly impressed with it. The community didn't appear as clean as most of the others we had seen. The units were much smaller than other ones.The price was much higher.

Communication Is Good Between The Staff

The staff are working good with my dad, he looks pretty good and I can't say there is anything that I don't like. The communication is good and they are bending over backwards to make my dad happy. He is in a closer location that is closer to my house. They have a chef to make the meals. Maintenance staff is on the ball and everyone communicates with each other. Everything going well for my dad.

[removed] was very thorough with the information she shared. This is also a nice community in a beautiful setting. I like that this facility is all on one floor-no elevators, balconies, easy to manage mobility. This may be a bit too far from Mom's neighborhood to suit her. We may be back for a visit together

Things are going pretty good

The staff are very nice and hands on at this this community. My dad has gotten involved in some of the church services they offer. He likes the food and they offer a good variety. The community is clean. The residents have access to outdoor patios with seating. This community did not feel institutionalized and I would recommend it.

A good choice!

Atria is a very pleasant place. The dining room and apartments are really nice. The food is good with mostly home cooked, including the soups. Our mom can get around easily and there's plenty of space to roam. She hasn't taken advantage of many activities yet, but there are a ton of them to choose from, daily.

Beautiful community!

During my tour of the Atria Northgate Park, I noticed that the facility was clean and everyone was very friendly. The tour guide gave us a lot of information and helped with any questions, It was a good experience.

It is going very well!

My mother is really enjoying the meals that are served at the Atria Northgate Park. The place is always very clean and they keep my mother's room well maintained as well. The care from the staff is great, they help her in any way they can. I am hoping she will be joining in activities soon.

Too far!

I did not get to actually take the tour of the community, but I did get to speak with the people there. The lady was very nice and they were very helpful. My mother in law just did not want to stay here because it was to far from the community she was in.

Care from home

I was very happy with this community. The staff was very nice and caring to the needs for my aunt. The room was too big and she did not want to move in. thee menu and the variety of meals are wonderful. They did have great activities for her. I would of liked seeing her with a great community that would of been able to take care of her needs. I highly recommend this community for other families

Mom loves it

My mother wasn't sure about moving out of her home and into assisted living. I told her to give it a month and if she didn't like it we'd find an alternative. It was the best decision we've made. She loves it there and felt at home within a week.

The staff is friendly and helpful. They've bent over backwards to make both of my parents feel at home.

The residents are also friendly. It's a very social, active place and the energy is wonderful. It's like a college dorm but without having to take classes and do papers.

Good Experience During My Tour Of This Community

My tour of this community went very well. This is a great community, very nice place to live. The staff was friendly and kind. My questions were answered, they were informative as well. The community looked great. From what I saw everything is very nice and clean. It was a good experience.

Not A Good Assessment

I took my friend here for an assessment to see if he may move in. From my observation, he hardly answered the questions and the next day the woman said she did not realize he was that bad. She should have known this before letting him move in. The experience was good but he tried to walk out and this is not the place for residents with dementia. This is more for residents who can do things. I appreciate the help from A Place For Mom.

Kate Vance

Thanks for visiting our community, and for the feedback. If you think of additional questions or comments, feel free to email me any time at [removed].

Best Place for my Parents

This place is wonderful. It's bright, clean, and has a great energy. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The food is amazing. They have a variety of interesting activities every day. They treat the residents like the adults they are but understand their limitations. It feels more like a resort hotel than an assisted living facility.

My mother was apprehensive about moving out of her home but within a week she'd made friends and felt like she belonged there. She loves it.

I really liked this community!!

I enjoyed my tour of this community. The staff were nice and it was clean. They did not offer a locked gated unit for memory care so unfortunately we were not able to choose this community. The desserts I took home were delicious. I think my dad would have been happy living at Atria.

My Sister Is Well Here

So far everything is going pretty well for my sister here at this community. She is doing well, and I'am pleased. I'am satisfied with the care they are providing her with. She is in good hands here.

Our loved one is new to Atria, but so far the people have been helpful and caring. We have been very impressed with the activities available to the residents. The meals are very well done and of high quality. We are so glad to have found this facility.

Review of Atria Northgate Park - Cincinnati, OH

Good place

Review of Atria Northgate Park - Cincinnati, OH

Hi Crystal. Well I thought we had things well in hand. This evening I was informed by family members that was not the case. After medical and physical review of her present and future needs it was determined that she requires a much higher level of care. So we now have to start looking for a Nursing home. A family member may contact you. Herman [Removed] - brother or Glenda [Removed] - Lyons sister. I will follow-up with you after discussions with family. Thanks

Kate Vance

Thanks for reaching out to share your concerns. I'd like to learn more about your concerns and connect directly - would you email me at [removed]?

A Warm Feeling

My mother is doing really good here at Atria. She has adjusted very well and seems happy. The community is very nice and clean. Staff here is great they are very helpful and kind. My mother enjoys the food and I've tired it and the food taste great. There are good activities for the residents. You get a warm feeling when you walk in. This is a welcoming community that I would recommend.

They have been wonderful.

They have been wonderful. I am very happy with them so far. They have lived up to all of my expectations, and done everything they said they would do. They are very good. I have been very pleased with them.

friendly staff

The staff is friendly and always nice. The food is great. The activities are great as well.

Great place to live

My family and I have had nothing but the best from the staff here at Atria Northgate Park. They always have a smile.

Robert Hammitt

Unfortunately, After paying a months rent and moving Bobs furniture in, the nurse evaluated Bob and determined that he was not a candidate for Atria Northgate Park. The ratings do not apply to this review as our loved one never lived there

Kate Vance

Hi, Doris. We’re concerned to learn about our experience and would like to continue this conversation. Please reach us directly at [removed].

It Has Been Great

Overall, it has been great. My mom has taken a little time getting adjusted, but they have been patient with her. The staff has been very welcoming. She is integrating really nicely there and I have been very pleased with them.

Not the best fit for respite care, but seemed nice overall

Atria Northgate Park seems like a nice place overall, although it may not have been the best fit for what we were looking for. Our loved one need around 15 days of respite care, but Atria charges for a minimum of 30 days. Families should also be aware that things like eye drops and assistance putting in a hearing aid count as a daily medication, which increase the price based on the number of "medications". However, the facility itself was nice looking, and the residents seemed active and happy. It seems to be structured for the more active residents, and is probably better suited for those with fewer care needs.

Had it not been for the quarantines, I would have stayed

The rooms only had a mini-fridge and nothing else. The food and the food service was a problem. They had lots of quarantines. I started looking for other options when they had their fourth quarantine in a year, by March. Had it not been for the quarantines, I would have stayed, but that got to be too much.

the best place for seniors

A wonderful place for seniors with the best people and care you can get anywhere

Liz the director there was super great

When we first came here, mom had just a little bit of dementia, but she outgrew her time here. It was large and open, and she would greet people as they came and went. Atria was okay, but I butted heads with the head nurse sometimes. They were charging for a higher level of care, but we weren't getting anymore care. Liz the director there was super great, but they did have to lock down several times for the stomach flu outbreak.

It's a cruise ship without the water.

It's a cruise ship without the water. There's always something going on. The food is excellent. There is a lot of green space because it sits on 7 acres of land. It's very peaceful and quiet. You don't hear traffic. The residents are allowed to bring their pets. It's nice to see everyone interact with each other's pets. We are so happy with the Atria Northgate Park. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Dad and mom are able to live together at Atria.

Dad and mom receive very good care at Atria. The nursing staff is very attentive, knowledgable, and friendly. Both dad and mom enjoy the food, they say it is very good. When we visit the building is very clean and odor-free. The grounds are also well kept. We requested maintenance to fix three small issues before dad and mom moved into their apartment. We needed the TV cable line to be moved, a drawer to be glued and the bedroom closet doors to be removed for dad and mom for easier access. The three issues were resolved the day of request. The housekeeper also came in a very timely manner to vacuum their carpet when dad accidentally picked up a big bag of opened potato chips at the wrong end. :) The staff is very friendly and always seem to speak to dad and mom in a kind and respectful manner.

very positive experience

It was a very friendly environment at Atria Northgate Park. Everybody bent over backwards to make my mother feel welcome. They had really good activities which she actually got involved in a a little. It is a very safe and secure environment. The food was really good as well. It was really a very positive experience. We were very happy with it.

Really loved the friendliness of the staff

Considering that most assisted living facilities can be expensive. We would definitely recommend this to other families looking for a clean space and loving staff for your loved ones. Especially at a reasonable price. You cannot beat that! Very impressed and two thumbs up.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Atria Northgate Park! The staff here is wonderful, and they were very helpful through the whole process. They really took the time to explain everything to us during the tour. Now that Mom is moved in she absolutely loves it! She is really thriving here, and I'm seeing her be much more active than when she was living at home. I really couldn't be happier with how things are going!

A Home Mom.

I was searching for a place for my mother and was given your information. After bringing my mom in to view for her self she stated how it looked like a nice place!
I knew then, that yhis was the place for her.

I am very sorry that I moved my mother in law in to Atria Northgate last year. In the beginning the food was quite good however it deteriorated to the point where my mother in hated the food and hardly ate anything from there. Not only was the food horrible but at breakfast, they constantly ran out of food. I moved her out because of the food.

I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE !

MOM MOVED INTO ATRIA NORTHGATE PARK IN EARLY JANUARY. IT HAS BEEN A DIFFICULT TASK AND A LEARNING EXPERIENCE FOR SURE. IF IT WASN'T FOR THE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE I THINK I WOULD'VE LOST MY SANITY ALREADY. BUT I KNEW THAT THIS WAS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR HER THE MOMENT I WENT ON A TOUR WHEN THIS JOURNEY BEGAN. THE FACILITY WAS SUPER CLEAN AND COZY AND THE FOOD WAS FANTASTIC. AND EVERY DAY SINCE MY MOM MOVED IN I AM IMPRESSED BY THE HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY STAFF. THE TOUR GUIDE , THE NURSES, THE HOUSEKEEPING PEOPLE, THE MAINTENANCE PEOPLE, THE AIDES, THE RECEPTIONISTS, THE ACTIVITY PEOPLE, THE FOOD SERVICE PEOPLE, THE OFFICE PEOPLE . EVERYONE ! THEY'VE ALL BEEN UNBELIEVABLY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY. THEY ARE EXTREMELY DEDICATED. I AM VERY SATISFIED WITH MY CHOICE--MARK E

WONDERFUL CARING FACILITY

Dad went to this facility a couple of months ago as it became too difficult to care for him at home. He adjusted very quickly and LOVES it! The staff here are very caring and capable. The manangement at Atria Northgate Park did a wonderful job of picking the right kind of people with good hearts that treat their job as a calling.

We would highly recommend this facility to others.

PS Dad loves the activities and food as well!

Very nice place! Pet friendly!

We're very pleased with Atria Northgate Park! The staff are all very friendly, and very attentive to the needs of the residents. During my tour they covered everything that I had questions about. Another major plus is that they accept pets. My loved one also really enjoys that the apartments have balconies so she can sit outside and enjoy the weather when it is nice. The biggest drawback so far has been the food service. The workers are friendly, but the service is just so unorganized. They will often run out of specific dishes, and the service in general is just very slow. But overall it is a very nice place, and definitely somewhere I would recommend to others!

Friendly staff and good food!

Things have gone very well with Atria Northgate Park so far! It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff have all been very friendly and helpful. If we make any requests they get taken care of quickly. There was a bit of confusion about the sort of care my loved one needed in the first week or two, however they were very accommodating and got those issues resolved with no trouble! They also do a great job with the food, Mom loves it and anytime I've eaten there it has been good!

Loved the airy environment,...

Loved the airy environment, very clean and nice range of activities, location is a plus for us. Top of our options list so far.

Nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking community, and definitely somewhere we would have considered as an option. The staff were friendly, and the facility itself was well kept and clean. However, Mom wanted to be in an area she was slightly more familiar with.

I've always had a really good experience there.

I've always had a really good experience there. Out of all the places we checked out this has been the most reasonable. They have a lot of activities, they have had grill outs. The food was fine. When you walked in it didn't have that cleaning solution smell, or the urine smell, there were no smells like that whatsoever, that impressed me a lot. Everyone was cordial and polite, and seemed to enjoy what they were doing there. The people and the cleanliness is really what impressed me. All the fixtures in the apartment were brand new. The rooms are soundproof, and I have never heard his neighbors. They allow pets there and you can't hear them either.

I'm pretty happy with them

I'm pretty happy with them, they seem pretty good. I don't really have any complaints or anything that needs to be improved at this time. They are clean and friendly, responsive and attentive. The food service was kind of slow for a while, but they seem to be better now, they brought a new chef in.

A newcomer to the Atria Senior Living Center

Our Mother has only been in this center for just about two weeks but so far we are very satisfied with everything. Should this opinion change in the future I will report my rating again.

This was not a good experience.

This was not a good experience. I am not sure if they should have taken her in the first place. Her condition didn't change that much in the time she was there. She didn't have any stroke, seizure, heart problems, vascular incidents, nothing like that at all. Yet when she had to go to the hospital they sent her out inappropriately dressed, and didn't even send clothes with her. Then they had me pay for the months she was in rehab only to tell me days before she was to come home they wouldn't let her come back. I feel like they were just trying to fill beds, having her move there in the first place, only to take her money while she was at rehab and turn her away.

Kate Vance

My sincerest apologies if you felt mislead in your interview or for any confusion in the level of care needed. It can be very upsetting when a resident exceeds the level of care we provide and we do our best to work with the family while they consider their options. We would like to speak with you personally to determine what, if anything was not communicated well so that we may continue make improvements. Please contact us at [removed] including "Atria Northgate Park" in your subject line.

Super Nice Place!

My brother was there a very short time and as it turned out it was he progressed so quickly with his dementia that it was found not to be a good place for him. We really liked Atria while he was there! We were disappointed that it really just didn't fit him. It's a super nice place if you have people that can handle being a little more independent. It is more assisted living and not really dementia care at all. The other thing is that if you have patients that are limited in their abilities to ambulate or get around, it is over a pretty good sized area. Overall it's a really a nice place. The people there were really impressed with him while he was there.

Kate Vance

We appreciate your feedback regarding our community. We are happy to hear that your brother had a great experience at Atria Northgate Park. We take great care and concern in providing the safest possible home for those who choose to live here and continuously evaluate our residents’ needs to ensure they are receiving the appropriate level of care.

A nice place, with a few issues

This is a nice place, all the staff have been very friendly, and some of the aides in particular have been great. We have a few issues though. First is the food. When we toured the meal we had there was excellent, but apparently between the tour and moving our loved ones in there was a change of chefs, and since then the food has been sub-par. Our loved ones are always eager to be taken out to eat to get a break from the food. Our second issue is that there are a lot of animals at the community, cats in a particular, and my loved one is afraid of cats. We were told this wouldn't be an issue, as they were kept out of the common areas, but this has not been the case.

Many goods, but poor communication

My aunt has been at Atria for about two months. Overall, we are very pleased. She is in a safe, lovely facility and that is very important. One of the biggest disappointments has been the dining room. We were led to believe that this was one of their biggest strengths, but that has not been the case. A typical meal means a 20 minute wait just to be acknowledged and brought coffee. They may or may not have the items on the day's menu (not that they have run out - they just never had it). The servers seem to not be trained in basic customer service skills. The one other source of concern has been the number of times my aunt has had to contend with large spiders. Granted, this is a ground floor facility and it is fall, meaning that such critters are looking for warmth. But, again, this has been a source of concern for an elderly woman who is not very quick on her feet. Those things aside, we are grateful for this place. It is very reasonably priced and offers many extras in the way of socializing and life enrichment. Our main beef has been poor communication.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear that you are happy with the community overall. We value feedback from our visitors and families as we take great care and concern in providing the safest possible home for those who choose to live here. We regret that your aunt has been dissatisfied with her dining experience and I will be sure to share your review with the appropriate directors.I encourage you to reach out to discuss this further so that we can do whatever we can to make sure her experience with Atria is nothing short of excellent . Please contact us at [removed] or [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line) and of course, feel free to speak with someone in person during your next visit.

Lots to Do!

I chose this community because they offer many activities to participate in. The location is really close to Cincinnati, OH and is near anything that is needed. The apartments have a small patio that she can walk out on and enjoy the outside. It is a very nice community with lots to do.

I visited this facility yesterday and...

I visited this facility yesterday and likes it very much. It has many advantages over Western Hills retirement center but mooney is a factoe and they do not accept a Medicare waiver for assisted living.

I liked the facility a lot, but thoug...

I liked the facility a lot, but thought the apt. itself was very small. I know my mom would prefer to do more of her own cooking and would prefer to have her own washer/dryer.

This was our second choice. It did n...

This was our second choice. It did not have as many 'social' things to offer. Price is better. Rooms were not as big as our first choice. Also, overall not as 'bright' or 'cheerful' as our first choice.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate hearing from those who visit our community so that we can make improvements where needed. Our community has over 200 activities and events each month to choose from, including fun entertainment and connection events nearly every day of the week. We are happy to provide you with a calendar at any time, or you can go on our website at www.atrianorthgatepark.com under the “Events” tab to download the current calendar. We will certainly see what can be done to bring some additional cheer into our community to better reflect our daily atmosphere. If we can help further, please email us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.