Atria Hertlin Place - Lake Ronkonkoma, NY

poor dining room staff

My parents have been there until Dad passed away and now Mom is there. I major complaint is with the kitchen staff mainly the so called director. She is rude and and disrespectful . The food is pushed in front of the residents and the attitude is they want to get them out so they can go home. The place is well kept and the general staff is professional.

Great setting. Beautiful and peaceful green outdoor space. Good unit layouts. But Lake Ronkonkoma in middle of nowhere Long Island - just ugly strip malls and big box stores near. No sense of place.

Beautiful facility. I would live there myself!

Not What Mom Wanted

They were very nice and I was surprised my mom didn't pick them. It was an independent community and they don't help with medication and they only had a private rooms. The apartment had a little kitchen and the staff were wonderful. We did go for a BBQ, there were residents with their family and everything was nice.

Good Job Caring For My Mom

My mother had a good experience during her stay at this community. Everything went well, and I was pleased with all they have done for us. The community looks nice and well kept. The staff did a great job caring for her and her needs. Overall this is a caring community.

Beautiful and welcoming!

From the very start of our search for a senior living community for my parents the staff at Atria was very welcoming and helpful. I received quick responses to all of my calls, all of my questions were cheerfully answered and all of my concerns were allayed. When it came time to move my parents in to the facility the staff was once again wonderful and made my parents feel welcomed. The facility is beautiful and the personalized service is outstanding. The food is also very good. Overall we had a very good experience at Atria.

We would use this community again!!

My mom stayed at this community for a short time for respite care. I cannot say anything bad about this community. The staff were friendly and the place met our needs. It was everything we thought it would be.

We really liked Atria.

We really liked Atria. It was the best thing we were ever able to do for her. It was difficult to find a place that could live up to what Atria was, once they were no longer able to care for her. It was clean and the staff was friendly, and they kept her as active as possible. It was great!

My Life at Hertlin Place

I have lived at Hertlin Place for 14 months and am very pleased with my choice. The staff is very caring and work hard to make our home a pleasant place to live. The building is light, bright and cheerful, and the facilities are continually being maintained and up graded on a scheduled basis. The staff is constantly working to keep the facilities clean and pleasant .The staff acknowledges holidays , both religous and secular, with parties, special dinners and entertainment. The days and weeks fly by and I am comfortable and happy here.

Excellent Facility

Very clean, and a nice size room. Guests are friendly and staff is caring

It was amazing!

I toured this community when I was looking for options for myself. It was amazing! I loved it. The food was good, the people are all very nice. I would love to live here at some point.

A very nice place!

My loved one stayed at this place briefly, and she really enjoyed it. It will definitely be our first pick if she needs to move somewhere long-term. We were really impressed by what we saw, I'd give them top marks across the board. The staff were very attentive, and did a great job of making all of the residents feel welcome and involved in the community.

felt more cozy and charming.

She's very happy over there. It was just a different vibe, it didn't feel like an old folks home, it felt like a home and felt more cozy and charming and the staff was great. The only problem we've had is a transportation issue, they don't have transportation on mondays, at least at this time. It's set back from the road so you don't see any of the traffic. The grounds are beautiful any view out of any window is grass just beautiful, and they decorate for the holidays. It just had more life to it. The sales department were great Anthony and Linda were wonderful, they were very happy to answer my questions any time.

Fantastic, beautiful ground...

Fantastic, beautiful grounds, had 1 bedroom with den, liked one meal with credit if needed. No residents spoke to her, too expensive.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback on our community. I’m glad to hear that you were pleased with our location, and I apologize that our residents did not introduce themselves. We welcome you back for another visit anytime, and perhaps you can join us for one of our fun events! If we can answer any questions, please contact us at [removed], or you can email [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Mom & I met with Anthony on...

Mom & I met with Anthony on 8/28 and Linda on 8/29. Excellent facility. Access Home Care option seems excellent; spoke with Heather on 8/30 about services from Cluster to 24hr live-in aide. Spoke with Anthony about Mom's behavior and car. 8/30 gave verbal commitment for 1 bedroom.

Great facility, but a little to indep...

Great facility, but a little to independent for what my Grandmother needs. the Director was very informative!

She visited and loved it!

She visited and loved it!

Great place. Would be a nice fit for mom

Great place. Would be a nice fit for mom

Set on 14 magnificent acres in the beautiful hamlet of Lake Ronkonkoma, Atria Hertlin Place offers an independent lifestyle for today’s active older adults. Our convenient location provides easy access to the surrounding area, local beaches, and the exclusive shopping, restaurants and museums of the City. Reminiscent of a traditional country manor, Atria Hertlin Place offers a serene setting for spending your time on your terms. Enjoy a classic film in our movie theater, refresh and relax in our full-service beauty salon, or join us for an invigorating workout in our fitness center. At Atria Hertlin Place, you are free to do what you love, while our 24-hour staff handles the rest.