The Waterfalls - Lake Ronkonkoma, NY

Stay away - incompetent manager

I went here with my mom to look for my parents. My father is a paralyzed veteran so we were scouting at apartments that could work for them, it's not easy to get him in and out of a car. It takes 2 people just to get him in and out of the car - so for that was the reason we were scouting it, just me and my mom. [Removed] was SO u professional. I made an appointment the week prior telling her we wouldn't be able to take my father, and that I understood we can't rent until she meets him. Both me and my mom took a day off from work for the appointment. The first thing [Removed] asks is "is today the 9th?? Hmmm. Let me see something". And she proceeds to go on the internet to see when the full moon was. "No the full moon was on the 7th". I'm looking at my mom, confused. She then asks why my father isn't there - completely forgetting what I already told her. I brought a photo of my dad and gave it to her. Telling her again He's paralyzed on his left side and it's a lot of work to come see an apartment If the apartment isn't the right size or right fit. That I wanted to see if my mom liked it first and that we would bring him to meet her if it's a good fit for them. She started yelling at me. And I was saying I just came to see the apartment. And she wouldn't even let me get a word in. She kept yelling "YOURE GETTING WHAT YOU WANT. IM NOT GETTING WHAT I WANT" she must've said this every time I was trying to speak. My mother got uncomfortable and said "maybe this isn't the place for us" and [Removed] screamed "MAYBE!!" She is the rudest, most unprofessional, unreasonable person I ever met. All we wanted to do was scout the apartment out. See it if would work. And then bring my father in to meet [Removed]. Who wears a belly shirt when your a Middle Aged woman working in an office at a 55+ community?? My parents have been through enough going through my fathers stroke which paralyzed him completely on his left side, and now dealing with having to sell their house bc of affordability. If you care about your parents, friends, family members etc. DO NOT GO HERE. If it's a full moon or not, this lady is nuts.

Not worth it.

Nice looking exterior, but terrible management, and incompetent maintenance. Lived at the Waterfalls for over 10 years and had to move. Management often uses discriminatory practices to intimidate tenants, and are known to make/entertain false claims without good cause. (Tread lightly if you follow up on a maintenance request after waiting 6 months). Repairs were never done in a timely manner, and the property owner (Michaelian) aggressively berates his tenants. Not run by decent or respectful people. Don't be fooled by how nice the property looks on the outside.

Still W8N

If you can fix anything than I recommend for you to move here otherwise look for another place because you will wait forever to get anything fixed in your apartment.

I live here. Looks very pretty,but try and get something repaired youll have to do cartwheels and handstands. Pathetic maintainence response time

An active adult rental community located on the north shore of western suffolk county. Located near the Smithhaven Mall and Stonybrook University Hospital.

The Waterfalls is a community consisting of 320 1 and 2 bedroom garden apartments. Residents enjoy an active clubhouse complete with formal ballroom. Laundry facilities and maintenance staff are both on site.