The Heritage at Hunters Chase - Austin, TX

Good Place... I'd recommend it easily

It took most of my late mother's last months to educate ourselves on Heritage's limitations after getting so much sunshine blown up our skirts. Once Mom had died, we left wondering why we didn't learn all those important facts about Care, Legal Limits, etc, long before those last 8 or 10 weeks of her life.

Staff & Leadership seemed content to spew acronyms and vague legal precedents to us as reasons for their demands or not-doings.

These are still problematic, months later, only because their solution to OUR problems seem like easy but complete conversation.

Other than that nagging issue, the director of their Memory Care unit remains an outstanding worker in our opinion, who seemed to continuously give so much of her energies and creativity into the care for everyone in her charge. Her staff probably could not live up to that high standard, by the way, but they were more-than-adequate.

Nice place for my mom..

I can only say after 6 1/2 months, my mom has acclimated well.. she loves the caregivers, no matter if she just met them or has known them for awhile. The only thing that concerns me right now is there is no continuity in staff.. they come and go so often that I can’t keep track.. I’m not sure if this is due to mismanagement or what.. my mother is oblivious to all this. But I see more than management would know. I am happy so far with proximity to our home and her room is nice. I do have to go in periodically and clean.. but my standards are high. Mom is thriving there and I am glad she is there right now.. btw to save money I do her showers and wash her clothes.. I am there very often to be sure things are going well for her..

Love that it's freshly renovated! It's a great location, but my sister in law is only 60 and the closest female to her in age was 70. Of course, expect this is an Assisted living facility, but I'm not sure this would work socially for her.

This is a nice community we liked what we saw. The community is newer than most it is clean and the decor is nice. The staff seemed friendly and nice and caring. I just didn't seem to get the feeling as we were walking around that this would be the proper place for my mom.

Elegant Care

We toured this elegant community for the care for my mom. The staff was nice and helpful to answer the questions that we needed for the care for my mom. The rooms are small but very homey. They offer outings for the residents. This is a little more for the care, but very nice. for a loved one to enjoy due to everything that is offered for the care and the value.

My caring community

I like living in this community. The staff does everything help me in any way possible. This is a clean community and the meals are very good. They offer activities to the residents that want to participate. I would recommend others to this community for excellent care and value

My Visit To The Community

This community seemed clean. The marketing director that took us on tour was nice and knowledgable. They were remodeling the community, however it did feel like an office building.

Heritage will be nice once completed, but my Dad is too old and has too many cognitive challenges to move him into a construction site where everything will be changing daily until the renovation is complete. Also, I overheard some workers gathered outside and they are not happy with the management so that makes me worry about the management. The only residents I saw were younger than my Dad and were walking without walkers so those people are young enough to endure the construction and they seemed happy (March 4, 2017)

Located in Northwest Austin, Ashwood Retirement & Assisted Living has been providing a comfortable community living experience for more than 15 years. We are conveniently located close to many medical offices as well as great shopping destinations. Our Texas owned company takes pride in offering affordable apartments situated in quiet, park-like grounds surrounded by beautiful trees and flowers. We successfully support many stages of life through our thoughtful amenities and individualized caregiving packages. Our charming, shaded courtyard will remind you of relaxed afternoons on your front porch, as you visit with your neighbors and enjoy our beautiful outdoor setting. Our comfortable living areas have plenty of room for you to meet up with friends for a book club meeting or a game of Bridge. And of course, do not forget that you have the choice of 5 different apartment floor plans that can accommodate your need for space as well as maintaining your lifestyle.