Renaissance-Austin - Austin, TX

Nice older independent living/assisted living property with considerable charm. Larger size units and very friendly staff and residents. Units include full kitchen. Pricing includes "Lively" device similar to Life Alert. Level of care pricing separate ranging from $600/mo. to $1,650/mo. Will definitely consider as one of our options.

They are in the midst of a massive renovation. It's a beautiful location and the grounds are gorgeous. Until it's finished, not sure this is the right place.

My father and I lived here a year, and it is a great place for a completely independent person who likes to walk. The grounds are beautiful, as is the foyer. Many of the residents are still there after we left three years ago when Papa needed more care. Best buffet on the planet.

Mom stayed here from July to March 2017 (7~ months). Staff was caring, but medication was still not being administered correctly after all that time.

Did Not Care For As Much

I had toured a few communities and this by far was not one of my favorites. It was independent living which would not have been a good fit for my mother. But in walking around I noticed everything seemed to be old and depressing and dark I felt it could have used to be updated.

Very Nice Community

Very Nice tour, but not the one for us.

Care and comfort for mom

I like the care from the staff at this community. The staff are attentive to her needs. The community is clean and maintained. They need to improve the menu due to alot of sandwiches on the weekend. They offer my mom to get involved with activities with the other residents. They sometimes need more staff available. I would recommend this care for the care of a love one.

A great place

Mom is not partial to the food, however I have tried it and I think it is fine. The staff are helpful and encouraging. She has not yet started to participate in any of the activities offered. The community is clean and surrounded by trees. I would recommend this community.

The staff at the Renaissance seemed very nice and the grounds are lovely with beautiful large trees and great views from the rooms. The price is very reasonable. It is an older property, but generally pretty good condition. I liked the way the assisted living wing is organized and the fact that the folks in the assisted living wing have access to the entire property.

Not as friendly!

The staff at the Renaissance was nice, bit not as friendly as other places we toured. When we went in for lunch, they sat us alone in a table facing away from the community. It was not as warm and friendly as other places. Also, the rooms were tiny! you could not fit a bed and dresser in there.

My Tour was A Nice One

I toured this facility for my mother and her needs. My tour went pretty well. The community looked well-kept, and clean. I only met one person, but they were kind, and friendly. It was a good tour, and the experience went well.

I did not expect to feel positive about this place - just due to distance from my husband and I in Leander. But I really loved it! It is older and 'worn' a bit but the setting is beautiful! The outdoor areas are lovely and relaxing. It feels very comfortable and liveable. [Removed] was very helpful - talked to many residents by name and clearly knew them and their stories. Several groups were gathered and lively in the activity areas. People seemed happy and engaged. Really liked the 2 bedroom Independent Living apartment - french doors onto the courtyard/outside garden was great. Loved all the resources available 'in house' (Home Health, Caregivers, etc.)

A Short Experince

My mother lived here for a short time. It was perfectly fine and they were great. My mom was very comfortable at this community and they have been very understand and helped providing resources. They also helped us clean up her apartment. She was not able to take advantage of yoga, the salon, and community events.

Great for Independent Living!

We enjoyed the tour of Renaissance-Austin. The community is very well kept. The apartment we viewed was very nice. They only offer one wing of assisted living and they give preference only to those who are in the independent living. The community would be a better option if they had more rooms available for assisted living.

Needs Some Improvement!!

The food at the Renaissance-Austin was good but now the taste has changed it would be nice if they could fix that. The community is kept clean and well organized. I feel that my mother in law is in a safe place. She has been participating in the activities that are offered. I feel that i could recommend this community to family and friends.

Good set up for mom!

Everything is going okay for mom with the move to Renaissance Austin. We are very pleased with the community and the arrangements for the move. They offer an assortment of activities and entertainment for the residents. The meals have been fine.

College campus type environment. Reasonably priced but memory care not particularly secure. Very nice area and ambiance.

Overall Pleased

So far everything is going very well for me at this community. I really do like this community, it is a wonderful place. The staff is very kind, they are always there when I need some help. There are many activities offered. The meals are excellent. Overall I'am pleased with the community and everything they have done for me.

First Week!

My mom moved in to a beautiful, clean apartment. Took a few too many days to hook up the cable that was guaranteed; still waiting on name plates for her box. For the most part, staff is very friendly and helpful.

Doing Very Well

My father is doing very well since his move into the Renaissance. I really thank the community since my father seems to be really enjoying everything. I would say that the building is a little older than other facilities. The staff is wonderful and very kind helpful with everything. They have a nursing staff on site for the residents just in case anything happens. My husband and I have had dinner with him a few times, and the meals are wonderful. I am very happy with this community and I would recommend it.

A Place For Mom was my first contact when looking for a place for my in laws and it was such a helpful service and helped us with identifying a great match. There has been a bit of miscommunication in the beginning and there were some things that could have been taken care of prior to them moving in but they are working on it. They seem to be very comfortable there although they are still settling in. There are many activities for them to participate in and we're hoping that they'll join in soon. I haven't heard any complaints about the food accept that dinner is served kind of early. I am confident that this will work out as they have already made the decision to sale their home!

They've been wonderful!

My mother in law just recently moved into this community and from first contact this has been a really great experience. My mother in law is 92 and in the Independent Living portion of this community, The staff is very friendly and the food is great! The community is always clean and the one time that we had an issue with plumbing the staff worked diligently to get it back up and running. The staff has really gone above and beyond to make sure this is a smooth transition. All in all I have NO complaints.

Super Helpful

I would just say that the staff members have been super helpful with the transition for my loved one. The food is really very good and my loved one loves the activities they have planned, so it is a good experience.

Austin

I loved everything about this Austin based community. Everyone was so helpful and nice , the facility is clean and safe. I have full confidence knowing that this is the best staff

Going great

My Parents are very happy at Renaissance. We do not have any complaints at all. Everything is going great.

Warm welcome

My father has been at the Renaissance for over a month. When touring the facilities, be stated more than once that he felt more comfortable there than anywhere else. Barbara and Mary have been extraordinary in there attention to the residents and to detail. Requests for maintenance/repairs have been answered quickly. My father likes the range of activities available. The staff and residents have been very friendly and welcoming. I highly recommend the Renaissance.

Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Never a harsh or curt response.
Meals are good and tasty. Only negative thing to report is that the meal times are more limited than we find comfortable

They have a good program and nice entertainment.

They have a good program and nice entertainment. I like it so far, it's very nice here, everyone is very friendly. It's pretty clean, they do housekeeping once a week. The food is okay. Overall it's pretty okay.

We loved living here. Lots...

We loved living here. Lots of intellectual activities and the buffet is a bonus. However, they increased our rent $3100 a year within one year for no additional services. They expect the tenants to haggle. We are sad to move.

Renaissance Austin review

The facilities look great and I have really enjoyed meeting everyone so far.

Very helpful staff

This is a location we toured when looking into options for a loved one. I was impressed by the staff here, they were very friendly and professional. The facility itself and the ground were beautiful. However, the atmosphere of the place was a bit off-putting. It had a very "nursing home" feel, and I did not think it would have been a good fit for my loved one.

27 years old and the constr...

27 years old and the construction in room looks like it. One hall smelled and flies in DR. Pat nice, grounds nice in the middle . Do not think this will be one of the choices, but it is a good location - too old Pass MIGHT be available by August

Beautiful View with Deer

It is great and we love it here.There are a lot of activities however I don't get around very well at all so I haven't made myself available to any of them yet. There are lots of things to do there every day. The food is very good. There's always a salad and entree and a small dessert. We have a two bedroom apartment with a living room and kitchen, and a little front yard. Everything is paid for with the rent, except phone and internet service. The people are very nice. If you have a problem they take care of it. If anyone were ever interested, contact Pat. She is absolutely wonderful and will show you around. We have a beautiful view. They left all the trees and each morning you see deer. The community is horseshoe shaped, with a little courtyard that we walk our dog in. It's wonderful.

What a relief!

The family does not have to give Papa's well being a second thought now. Even better, the Renaissance welcomed me as a companion and resident. I love the food, the cultural activities and the new friendships we are making.

So Far So Good

My Dad has lived at the Renaissance for only a couple of weeks. The staff and residents are VERY kind and welcoming. Common areas are clean and inviting. The food is pretty good most days and residents are welcomed to eat as much as they want. So far so good.

Pat showed us the facility,...

Pat showed us the facility,inside and outside; people walking around looked very happy. Buffet lunch had a food variety.

27 years old and the constr...

27 years old and the construction in room looks like it. One hall smelled and flies in DR. staff nice, grounds nice in the middle . Do not think this will be one of the choices, but it is a good location - too old Pass MIGHT be available by August

First one visited this day. Older bui...

First one visited this day. Older building but refurbished. Bright and friendly. Like this best of the three visited today.

I liked thee quaintness.

I liked thee quaintness.

spoke w/rep; good contact

spoke w/rep; good contact

Nicest setting as the eight building ...

Nicest setting as the eight building complex is nestled in a grove of trees and set back from the street. 25 year old facility just recently acquired by Holiday. Only able to see two room layouts and one was under construction. Had luch which was unimpressive.. Only two main entrees, with neither of interest to us. Full meal plan which is a "no-go" for us. Fully occupied with no expectation of future vacacies. Assisted living facility (32 units) on-site

This is my first choice. Am still mee...

This is my first choice. Am still meeting with financial advisors. Hope to make moving plans now if all works out. Liked the room set up and services offered.

Exceptional grounds with live deer ro...

Exceptional grounds with live deer roaming about. Apartment lovely. Food excellent, Chef knowlegeable and personable. Price with wiggle room. Lacks some ammenities.

Really like and close to my house.

Really like and close to my house.

Made a deposit and scheduled to move in.

Made a deposit and scheduled to move in.

Situated atop a hill within a sprawling, landscaped woods, Renaissance-Austin is centered around a stunning, 2-acre park. You’ll love our peaceful, wooded grounds and enjoy easy access to all the sites and sounds that Austin has to offer.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind