The Pointe At Cedar Park - Cedar Park, TX

This was a nice facility, friendly, welcoming, and clean. The residents looked happy. [name removed] was very informative and helpful.

A Great Place for someone you love!

We've been more than satisfied with the care that our 101 year old grandmother has received at The Pointe!! They have an "Angel on Earth" in one Jessica Garza....that personally goes out of her way to do little extra things for residents to make them feel loved and special....Family!!! The entire staff and management has our utmost respect!!

[Removed]

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of our community. We appreciate your feedback and we're honored to provide care for your grandmother!

Mom is settling in

Mom is here at this community and it is OK definitely some improvements need to happen. It is nice and clean and looks like a resort. Mom has an UTI and it just took to long to get it addressed. When she calls for help it takes them a while to get to her. They are a little understaffed and I wish they would engage her more to join the daily activities. Also if they could make sure she is eating. The housekeeping does the best they can to keep it clean and the laundry to the correct room. I would recommend this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience; we appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to provide a five-star experience, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us to achieve that goal, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with any additional input. We look forward to hearing from you.

Rocky Start!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and in the beginning it was a really rocky transition. The staff where not prepared for her move at all and where not organized in her plan of care. It really made things difficult on our family for the first two weeks. I will say that things have improved since all of that has happened and changes have been made. I do hope that they can get some more staff employed to help with the resident ratio. There is just not enough people working there and to accommodate everyone's needs. They do have a great happy hour there that my mom really enjoys from time to time. I will lastly say they do have a few really strong people that work there who always go above and beyond for the residents.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at The Pointe at Cedar Park has not lived up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we understand and address all of your concerns, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

A good tour for care for mom

We toured this community for the care for my mom. We wanted a room that she would feel comfortable with. The staff were nice and answered the questions that we had. The menu looked appealing. They do offer nice activities for the residents who want to participate. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care and value that is offered

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience at our community! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Great Meals!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and so far things are going okay. I think the staff could have some more personality would be my only suggestion. I feel comfortable with the care but I would like it if they could smile more and act like they enjoy what they are doing. My aunt at least makes it down for one out of the three meals they provide and enjoys them very much.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review! Our goal is to provide a 5-star experience for our residents and families, so we're sorry to hear that your experience has fallen short of what we strive to achieve. We want to make this right, so we hope you'll reach out to our Executive Director with your input. Thanks!

Comfort and care

I am very happy with the care for my husband. We like the staff and the great care. The menu is good, but not enough at times. They have a lot of great activities for him to participate with the other residents. The staff are so welcoming and make you feel comfortable. We would highly recommend this community for the care of other families for a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us and for your recommendation of our community! Our goal is to provide the best possible experience for our residents and their families and your input helps us to achieve that goal! If you have additional feedback to share, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director.

Horrible conditions

My mother is living at the Pointe now.

They are not taking care of my mother. She sits in wet and dirty diapers for days.
She has gone as much as a month without a shower.
She and her room reeks of urine. The excuse is she won't let us bath her or she won't let us change her. No one is trained to deal with this situation.
They do not do the things listed on the care contract and do not make excuses for not taking care of her they just do not care.
I just hired a person to come help with her care. I do everything bathing, laundry, cleaning, diapers changing etc. I need help with these items so hiring help was my only choice.
I am moving her at the end of the month.
She has fallen several times and had been in the hospital as a result of the falls, three times.
They are so understaffed and ill trained they could not take care of a young person.
My mother is 100 years old and living like this is cruel.
I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Nice Community for the Right Person

Everyone at this community was kind and friendly. I toured it for my mother in law and her needs. Everything went well, and this is a nice community. All my questions were answered. I felt like my mother in law needed more care than they were able to provide. This is a nice community for the right person, but not the one for us.

Friendly Tour Guide!!

The Pointe At Cedar Park is a pet friendly community. They have available transportation for the residents. If special meals are needed they will work with the residents to try to accommodate them to the best. The person that took me to tour the community was knowledgeable about what they offer.

Everything Has Worked Out Very Well For Us Here

My husband is doing well here at this community. He seems to have adjusted well to it. They have a good staff here, I know he is being cared for very well. The community is nice and clean. Everything is very well maintained. There are activities offered for the residents. They do serve nice meals. This is a community I would recommend, it is a great place.

One of My Top Picks

My tour of this community went very well. It was one of my top picks. This is a lovely community, everything appeared to be nice and clean. The staff was kind and friendly. My questions were answered, they were very informative as well. This is a nice community with very kind people.

Happy Community

The community needs to be kept up a little more, but they are working on it. The food was not real easy for my sister to eat. The activities were good,but I am not sure if she was able to join in on alot of activities. We were happy with the community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. As the Director of The Pointe, my goal is to ensure the highest quality of care. We strive to not only meet, but exceed the needs of every resident we have the pleasure of caring for. This is something that we are continually working at on a daily basis to achieve. The diets for each resident can be a crucial part of their health and we would be happy to discuss other meal options for any resident. The same can be said towards the importance of activities, and we are always happy to hear about any suggested activities that might enhance and enrich our residents lives!! I would love to meet with anyone who has any concerns or suggestions so that we can grow together and achieve the highest care possible. Please feel free to reach out to me at our community number at your earliest convenience. Thank you again for your time, Jason McCombs, Executive Director.

My loved one was here for about a year. She would tell me things like they weren't responding, or that she wasn't getting her medication, and they would tell me that wasn't true, and that she was getting her medications. She kept going downhill. One night she fell, and nobody answered her call, so she called me. I tried to call a few times on a few different numbers, and even though they were supposed to keep the phones on them, nobody answered. I eventually had to call the fire department, and they couldn't get a response at the door for over an hour. The community tried to tell me that this didn't happen because their computer showed that they had responded in twelve minutes, and told me that computers don't lie. I would say avoid the point at all costs. At the beginning it was a really good place, I had high hopes, I would have gone there myself. After we first got there they had a huge turnover in staff. If you have people that aren't being honest, people can be hurt badly.

Excellent

A place away from home. Very friendly and helpful. My father loves the Pointe.

very attentive and always willing to help

The people at The Pointe are very attentive and always willing to help. They are always asking questions to find out how they can further accommodate us, and they do an excelling job. We are very well pleased.

Very friendly and caring staff

I'd give them top marks across the board. They have a very personal touch here, they're warm and seem to genuinely care about the residents, and they work hard to help new people settle in and alleviate the stress of the whole moving situation.

More Like A Rest Home

It was nice. It was more like a rest home, it seems like, so it didn't leave a great impression with us. The people were nice.

SLC Texas

We are glad to learn that you met some of our amazing staff but are sorry that overall it was not the best fit for you or your family. If you have any feedback for us please do not hesitate to contact Brenda Thompson, Executive Director, [removed].

Lovely Place, Maybe Not Right For Us

My mom just moved in there less than a month ago and she's already gone to the hospital and she can't go back there because there's not enough skilled nursing. It's a lovely place but I don't know if they're meeting my mom's needs. Overall, it's got a nice dining room and the lady who does hair does it well but when it comes to my mom's needs I'm just not sure yet.

SLC Texas

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to learn that mom has been in the hospital. It sounds like skilled nursing might be a better fit at this time given what she is going through. Please feel free to contact Brenda Thompson, Executive Director, [removed], to let us know if there is anything we can do better in the future to ensure that our residents receive the best services and care.

Mom Lost 15lbs in A Month - Not Good!

My mother lost 15lbs in a month there because they were not coming to get her for meals. They just let her sleep all the time so she got down to 95lbs and she is 5'8". She fell numerous times and she layed there on the floor for god knows how long until somebody found her.

SLC Texas

My name is Brenda Thompson and I am the Executive Director at My name is Brenda Thompson and I am the Executive Director at The Pointe at Cedar Park. We are very sorry to hear that your mother did not have a better experience while living at The Pointe. Our focus is on actively engaging our residents in programs and on delivering quality and personalized care to each resident. I would be very interested in talking to you further about these very serious concerns. Any feedback would be helpful to ensure that these types of issues are prevented in the future. I can be reached anytime at [removed] or via e-mail at [removed].

Have to pay for a lot of extra stuff

My brother-in-law chose The Pointe becasue of its closeness to family. I thought it was attractive, it's new, it's accessible, it's close to shops and restaurants. My mother-in-law loves the food and says she loves it there, she is really quite positive about The Pointe. Her room is nice, the bathroom is very small, she has her own AC unit, a nice window and view. The dining room is attractive and she says the food is really good. They allow therapy dogs which I thought was very nice. When I visited I did not see very many employees so they may have a higher resident to staff ratio than other places, but I'm not sure. I just noticed that their response time is slower. My mother-in-law had her meal delivered to her in her room and she was charged $3 which I thought was ridiculous. Maybe that is standard practice, but she had to sign for the $3 delivery fee when they brought her meal.

SLC Texas

My name is Brenda Thompson and I am the Executive Director. It pleases us greatly to hear that your Mother-in-law has had a positive experience at The Pointe at Cedar Park. We take great pride in delivering high quality service and care to our residents. Our Dog Therapy Dog Program is truly special. The documented benefits include physical, mental, and emotional well-being. We do charge a service fee for in-room dining. The intent is to encourage residents to enjoy their meals in the dining program while socializing with the other residents. Of course if a resident is under the weather we will provide complimentary in room meal service. Lastly I have a great staff that is dedicated to serving our residents. Lastly, I would be more than happy to review our staffing plans so that you can feel comfortable in us to deliver quality care and services to our residents. Please feel free to contact me at [removed] or drop by my office next time you are at the community.

I have chossen the pointe for my wife

I have chossen the pointe for my wife

Mom and I had dinner with Director. V...

Mom and I had dinner with Director. Very nice facility. Mom really likes this place. smoking and dog ok. Studio will work great.

Midway between the Austin metropolitan area and Texas Hill country, The Pointe at Cedar Park Assisted Living Community offers a lifestyle to meet your unique needs. With proximity to historic ranchland, lush parks and the vintage Austin Steam Train, this peaceful and picturesque community is an ideal place to call home. Featuring Signature Services in our Assisted Living, The Pointe at Cedar Park provides a nurturing environment designed to support and enrich your lifestyle, now and in the future.