Pavilion at Great Hills - Austin, TX

Nice facility. Very engaging staff. More expensive than I originally anticipated. Definitely to stay on the options list.

Not The One For My Mom, But Tour Was Nice

I had a pleasant tour of this community. I toured it for my mother, and her needs. Everyone was kind, and helpful to my family, and I. The community looked nice, and clean from what I saw. The staff we met answered, and the experience went well. It was not the one for my mother, but we had a good tour of this facility.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you visited our community!

Wonderful Community

Mom loves living here she is so happy and content. She is content with her room it suits her very well. She has already made some friends she thinks all the residents are so happy and friendly. Mom thinks the world of the staff and so don't we. They are so kind and compassionate very attentive. I believe mom loves the food she gets very excited when they serve cinnamon rolls. This has been such a positive experience and I'm thrilled everything is working out. We would recommend this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your mom is enjoying her home (and the exceptional cinnamon rolls!) here at Pavilion at Great Hills!

Rough Start At First, But Things Have Gotten Better Now

It is still a work in progress for my mother with her move to this community. We did a rough start at first. The lady that was in charge of the aids, and the medication management was on vacation. Since she has returned everything is working out well now. They have a good staff, and they have been helpful when needed. Also kind when I come to visit. The community is well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness. They offer good activities and provide nice meals. The verdict is still out on if I would recommend this community, but everything is moving in the right direction now.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience; we appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to provide a five-star experience for you and your mother, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us to achieve that goal, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with any additional input. We look forward to hearing from you.

A good stay

This is a smaller community and it was perfect for my husbands respite stay. The staff were wonderful with his care and I had good communication with them. They do offer a lot of activities and trips out. They have a small exercise room and a piano the residents can play. We will be using this community again and I would recommend it for a respite stay.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Pavilion at Great Hills. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your husband's respite stay was pleasant!

Nice People!!

I had recently talked to this community about a possible living arrangement for my mother at this community. The staff where very helpful and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. He was very kind with his words and knowledgeable in all of the information he offered. It was just not the right location for my mom in the end decision but I was thankful for there help

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your review! We're delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us! While we're disappointed that we weren't the best fit for your mother, we're so pleased that we could help provide information that was helpful in your search.

Positive Environment

I have to say after the few tours that we went on this property impressed me the most. The appearance of the community is fresh looking and very upbeat. The staff and the residents seem happy to be there and want to interact with you. My mom is still adjusting but she overall seems to be doing very well there and likes it.
She has gone to a few social hours and is slowly making new friends.
She has not complained about the food so I am taking she enjoys it.
Since mom has been there I have already recommended it to a few people.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to provide a five-star experience, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us to achieve that goal, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with any additional input. We look forward to hearing from you!

Inappropriate action

I was going to add to my previous review, but apparently you have to sign up to read all of the comments...another red flag in my book. Anyway, my MIL has been out of there for at least a month. She received a check from the federal government which had been opened by the facility and then put in an envelope with their return address and nothing else but the check in the envelope. Not sure why they felt if was appropriate to open her mail but that is [Removed].

Highly Recommended.

Very happy to have Mom here. The staff is great and easy to talk with. There is good food with a lot of variety. They have some cool activities not that Mom likes to do them all, she would rather nap and they're okay with that too! Mom did join them for a road trip! We choose this place because we are very familiar with the area and its close to all of us. I would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat!

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your recommendation of our community; we appreciate your confidence in us and are so pleased that your mom is enjoying her home here with us!

A safe haven

My son, 61, is living in the memory care unit at The Pavilion. I have found the staff to be friendly and caring toward their patients, as well as toward me. They have helped me understand m son's condition and comforted me when I have been distressed. I believe that kindness is extended to the patients. They do offer activities and encourage patients to participate. My son tells me he likes it, and wants to continue living there. Knowing that he is comfortable and well taken care of has helped me accept his situation, and I am beginning to find some peace.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we truly appreciate your confidence in us and we're glad to be a support to you as well!

Be Informed. Don't let your parent be [Removed]

My mother has been a resident at this facility and finally after multiple issues we are moving her to a safe environment.
First, you need to know that being in Pavilion assisted care does not mean that your loved one will be checked on, regularly. My mother laid on the floor all night until 11:00 am the next morning without any staff checking into her room. She was non-responsive and taken by EMS to the hospital. The best I can tell the staff ratio is 1:15-20 residents. They are always willing to up your care for a fee but good luck seeing the difference.
As an RN in Quality Mgmt., I earnestly advise you to be very careful with any Assisted Care that promises the moon. [Removed] is a real problem at Pavilion. Check out private homes as an alternative, but be mindful that you will still have to be very involved with your parents to ensure their safety and care. An excellent resource for help and complaints is the state agency

Complete Lack of Security

My parents had an unwanted guest forcibly staying with them for 2 months and the staff did not notice! That is unacceptable. Apparently they don't have security cameras which is also alarming. I called repeatedly to ensure that situation was taken care and no call back. DO NOT PUT your loved ones in this facility. It's terrible and we will be looking elsewhere to house my parents.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your feedback.
We do take the security of our campus very seriously. In this case, we have been in touch with the resident’s family/power of attorney and appreciate your concern as a visitor to the community. We take not only the security of our residents serious, but also the resident right to have visitors, especially their children visiting. I would ask that if you have any further concerns or questions regarding our policies and procedures to please reach out to our community or our corporate office to inquire. Thank you

We selected The Pavilion at Great Hills and my Dad is scheduled to move in soon. He lived in The Court at Round Rock for about two years and really enjoyed it and The Pavilion is owned by the same company so we are very hopeful that this will work out. We were impressed that they train staff to respond to call buttons within 5 minutes and we love the interior courtyard. The staff are super friendly and helpful and seem to enjoy their jobs.

It feels like a nursing home.

They do not offer much in the way of activities at this community. The food tastes ok, however they have a limited selection of choices. The community is clean. The majority of the staff are poorly trained. This is not the right community for you if you are looking for an active environment.

Great Experience!!

I have no complaints about the experience my grandmother had at this community. She was only there for a short period but I was very pleased with the quality of care she received. All of the nursing assistants where especially great and compassionate towards her needs and made her feel just like family. I would defiantly recommend this facility to anyone.

We like it here.

My husband is doing pretty well at the Pavilion. He seems to be helping himself more than he did at home. I have good communication with the staff and they are good with him. The food is ok, however they try to make it gourmet and it is sometimes a little spicy or salty. They offer daily activities and the community is clean. The fees are not bad and I would recommend this community.

Loved it! Variety of activities and so many amenities. A little farther drive. It is over by Academy on 183.
Nice apartment but smaller than what Mom has.

A Godsend.

My mother was a resident here for 14 months. She got very good, kind care. The staff is so nice and respectful to the residents. They were also very helpful to my father and I. Having to hand over responsibility for my mother's care was not that easy, but they made it seem so.

Nursing staff are helpful and responsive!

The community could easily be rated a 5 of 5 if the Administrative and clerical staff were able to pay attention to detail. Many times documentation such as resident paperwork and the resident handbook had missing information or wrong information. We have sampled the food offered and it was very good. They offer a variety of activities and residents are encouraged to participate. The housecleaning/laundry staff has been very pleasant and she has done a great job keeping our loved ones room clean.

The Pavillion

My parents moved to the Pavillion in January 2016 and as expected, this has been a huge adjustment for my parents, my siblings and myself.
The Pavillon has been very attentive and shown every kindness during this difficult transition.
The Pavillion itself is tastefully decorated and kept clean. There are many social activities available and the overall feeling from the staff and residents is welcoming.
Friends of my parents have visited and are pleasantly surprised. One couple I know, after visiting are considering moving to the Pavillion.
I happily recommend the facility and would suggest to go and see for yourself. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Decent place overall

The staff and the caregivers here are very nice and friendly. They are very attentive to the residents needs. It is always clean here. The food could be better, but overall this is a pretty decent place.

good but needs a dependable internet , down a lot.

Parents have been in there for 2-3 years now , its hard to get hold of them the internet phone is always down due to the terrible internet as well as tv, its clean ,good employees. Have some disconnect with the laundry , not a hands of place must go in and take care of things once a week or so. But could get probably with a higher care option.

Rude and unprofessional staff

The community was nice when i moved my parents in a few years ago. Now there's a new director [name removed] who is extremely rude. My parents are not happy with the way they're being treated. I was also told that the food is not good either. The kitchen chef [name removed] i have met. She doesn't carry herself in a professional manner and she's rude. However, some of the caregivers are caring and kind. I feel that another place would better suit my parents. Or the pavilion should invest more time into finding professional staff who will show my parents and the other residents respect and kindness. After all the pavilion is the residents home.

Beautiful but communication could be much better

My Dad was not yet ready for Memory Care, so we chose the Pavilion. It is a beautiful place, and my Dad was impressed when we took him to visit before we selected the place. We really liked having a one bedroom apartment for him. He could sleep in quiet in his room, while visitors chatted in the living room.
He always enjoyed the food, but he was not an activities guy, so that is why I gave them a lower rating. There was just nothing available that interested him.
The process to move him to memory care did not go smoothly at all. He was basically kicked out. The care staff should have communicated better that his needs were changing. Communication with the family was not a strong suit.

SLC Texas

We are very disappointed to learn that your experience at The Pavilion was not to your satisfaction, our deepest desire and priority is to achieve, maintain and deliver quality services to our residents. From time to time our efforts to maintain our high standards fall short due to lack of communication or poor communication. While we are deeply sorry that we were not able to engage your father in a suitable manner, we appreciate your candor and honesty so that we can improve and adjust our understanding of residents needs and interest. We have to learn and grow each and everyday - “if we stop learning, we stop moving or winning”. It is our sincere desire that your father is engaged, happy and that his needs are met at his current community. I would like to invite you to share with us more specifically how we might improve our quality of services and communication moving forward.

Sincerely,
Debbie Cox-Thurber
Director of Sales & Marketing

I am very happy with them.

I am very happy with them. They have done a great job. They have gone out of their way to make it a smooth transition. No complaints about food, it was one of number one criteria we had. It's run by an executive chef, and he has made lots of improvements to the menu, and more.

My Dad moved here from Tucson - so leaving his home (independent living) and friends was a tough decision for him - but he made it on his own.
He wanted 3 things - great food, 1st floor and a bedroom with a sitting room. The Pavilion had all 3 and had an opening the week after I took the tour. He has now been in assisted living there for 3 weeks. Though it is a tough change - his has done better than I hoped and the staff has been really welcoming and accommodating. It has met all his criteria and he is making friends.

Very nice space and nice people.

good experience overall

They have been very forthcoming with communication to my grandmothers family about any issues that are coming up with her. I do feel like sometimes some of the staff could be a little more attentive, particularly because my grandmother is hard of hearing and does not always understand what they are asking her.

Beautiful Facility but Care needs to be improved

I don't think they have enough medical help. There is not even a nurse in memory care, which to me, that where it's most critical. They do in Senior living. It's a beautiful facility, but the care needs to be improved.

SLC Texas

My name is Kim Howard, and I am the Executive Director for The Pavilion at Great Hills. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. My top priority has always been the well-being of our residents and their families. I am delighted to share with you that we have hired a new Director of Memory Care. She brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in managing and providing service to residents with memory loss. I want to invite you personally to contact me directly so that I can address any concerns you may have. Thanks. [removed], [removed].

This was lovely we really liked it.

We toured here when we were looking into places. This was lovely we really liked it. It was not close enough to us, to be a great option, but it was very nice, and the staff was very friendly as well.

It's a beautiful facility but the care could be improved.

I don't they have enough medical help. They don't have a nurse in the memory care. They have one in assisted living but it would seem more practical to have in memory care.

Very nice looking community!

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this place looked excellent, and it would have been my first choice if my loved ones level of care had been a bit lower. I was impressed by the aesthetics of this place, the apartments we were showed were very nice.

Everything except memory care looked nice

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. Some parts of this community looked very nice. The outside areas, the foyer, and the assisted living areas were all very new and nice looking. However, the memory care area where our loved one would have been was just one long hallway that didn't feel particularly warm or inviting.

SLC Texas

I am Kim Howard, the Executive Director at The Pavilion at Great Hills. We appreciate both the positive comments and the constructive feedback. We designed our Legacy Court Neighborhood specifically to care and to serve for our residents with memory loss. Thus it is a smaller and more intimate setting so that our residents can comfortably get to and from their suite to enjoy the common living areas and special life enrichment programing. Additionally many of our residents and their families take full advantage of Legacy Court’s beautiful outdoor courtyard. Additionally I am excited to share with you that we have a “Refresh” for Legacy Court that is scheduled for the Fall. We are excited about the refresh and welcome you to come back to see the enhancements we make. We strive to create the best possible environment for our residents and their families and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Thank you Mary for all the help!

I want to thank "A place for Mom". Mary made things much more understandable when I was thrust into needing to find care for my Dad. She had lots of answers to questions. She even had answers to questions I did not have, or know to ask. Thanks Mary.

Nice looking place

This community looked nice enough, and all of the staff we spoke with were friendly and helpful. The rooms, however, were very small, and would have proved to be a mobility issue for my loved one.

A beautiful place - very in...

A beautiful place - very inviting - Debbie was full of information. Its close to Mom's grandchildren and not that far a drive for me. I like Pavillon alot.

Nice looking place

This was one of the locations I toured while looking into places for my Mom. This place was very new looking. It was a nice clean looking place, and the staff were friendly. However, the atmosphere wasn't what I was looking for for my Mom. I wanted somewhere that would keep her active and social, and this place just didn't seem as lively as some others I visited. I was also looking specifically for somewhere that did not have specific dining times, as that type of eating schedule doesn't work for Mom.

Great Community!

Pavilion was such a huge improvement over the rehab nursing facility mom was in before moving in. I know it's comparing apples and oranges... but it's the only data point I have. The facilities and staff are wonderful. I have yet to meet a caregiver who is anything less than polite, happy and engaged in caring for the residents. The team here has really gone above and beyond to help my mother settle in and be happy.

Went downhill fast, gave the wrong medications

mom was so glad to get out of here, it was not real successful. They gave her the wrong medications a couple of times and then they lied to me about it. We had real trust issues to the point where I moved her. She was very uncomfortable there and she was afraid. She was very alert and when she told them that it was the wrong medication they argued with her until they realized that she was right. When I went and talked to them about it they lied to me. By and large we decided it would be best to move, if she was not as alert as she is she would have taken the medication and my concern is for all the poor little people that just take what is given to them. it seemed very nice and when she first moved in we were very pleased but things went downhill pretty quickly.

SLC Texas

My name is Kathy Johanns and I am the Executive Director at The Pavilion at Great Hills. We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a better experience while living at The Pavilion at Great Hill. As you are likely aware within the past couple months Senior Lifestyle recently was hired as the management company by the new ownership group. Senior Lifestyle’s primary focus is on hiring and training dedicated staff to improve the quality of care for the residents. I would be very interested in talking to you further about these very serious concerns. Any feedback would be helpful to ensure that these types of issues are prevented in the future. I can be reached anytime at [removed] or via e-mail at [removed]

Joey and Deborah are incredible

The director of the memory care unit (Joey Chamberlain) is just outstanding. Deborah Thurber was also just incredible. They were both outstanding and very professional. The community really is just great and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Growing Pains

It just didn't seem to be as small and as well run. It seemed like it was kind of going through some growing pains as far as their procedures and things.

My husband and I went out t...

My husband and I went out there to check this place, but we didn't check out the memory care unit for some reason. Again the rooms seemed small for mom and dad together. Didn't see any men at this facility.

Great Community

Pavilion is a very good and pretty community. They had immediate availability which was what we needed for our situation. The staff has been very accommodating and helpful. We feel like we made the right choice when selecting Pavilion. We would recommend it to anyone.

Could use more staff

We chose this community because of the condition of the community and the friendliness of the staff. The community is really clean and well maintained. We also liked this community because of the food, which taste pretty good. We do feel that they need more staff on duty and the ratio for staff members to residents should be better. The staff could also use a little more training to really make them just that much better.

The establishment is very nice - but ...

The establishment is very nice - but the rooms are quite small.

Sounds awesome. Happy hour every fri...

Sounds awesome. Happy hour every friday. Dog run right outside downstairs unit. Dining down stairs. Great activities...

Very nice but few residents and so ne...

Very nice but few residents and so new that can't get a good feel for what it would be like when fully staffed and filled. memory unit has outdoor areas but they are barren, could use some greenery so not all rock, brick and tile.

loved this but apt were very small bu...

loved this but apt were very small but did have a regular kitchen.

The Pavilion at Great Hills community has a little something for everyone. Located in beautiful North Austin hill country, we are near three major hospitals, numerous shopping centers, theaters, museums, restaurants, and Lake Travis. Inside our community, you’ll find spacious common areas with several beautiful living areas with stone fireplaces, a chapel, a billiards room, a spa room, gift shop, salon, exercise room, arts and crafts room, theater area with large flat screen TV, library, private dining room, and laundry rooms. Residents also enjoy walking through our three charmingly landscaped courtyards in assisted living and two secure courtyards in memory care. We offer restaurant-style dining, a very active Resident Council, as well as a full schedule of planned activities and many special interest resident group opportunities.

Our Assisted Living and Memory Care residents and residents’ families receive valuable peace of mind knowing we have 24 hour care staff 7 days a week – nursing Monday through Friday normal business hours and nurses on call 24/7. Prior to moving in we speak with you and your physician to find just the right level of assistance that will allow you to enjoy your independence to the fullest. Together, we will compose an Individual Service Plan (ISP) to guide us in assisting you. Our mission is to provide a lifestyle that fosters independence, actively engages the mind, invigorates the body and nurtures the spirit while offering you and your loved ones the peace of mind you deserve.

While some communities insist on new residents putting down huge, non-refundable payments up-front, we like to do things a little differently. We care about not only the physical and emotional well being of our residents, but their financial health as well. That’s why we offer our residents all the perks of country club living without the expensive buy-in—just a simple lease. Our community consists of 139 spacious apartments, with varying floor plans and amenities described below.

Join us at The Pavilion at Great Hills for “A Lifestyle of Casual Elegance”