Artman

At first was happy with the care then it was awful .My loved one was dirty and uncared for . The manager had an attitude when I complained .There is not enough help there yet they have lavish parties for the adm. Of artman that patients and family are not invited to ? I heard from another person that when my mother needed help eating no one helped her she was found wearing the cloths she had worn the night before no one helped her to put her pajamas on , I personally heard a aide screaming at a gentleman who had dementia honestly this place should be shut down its totally all for show!

Recommend Artman to care for your loved one.

My mom has resided here for over 4 years. The staff knows my mothers health and what she has eaten or drank...anytime I ask without checking her chart. Many staff members are extremely caring. I really appreciate how they treat her. Sad the activities person on her section left....she even called me while I was on vacation to let me know how mom was doing and put me on speaker phone with her. I removed my mom from another facility in horsham for very poor care...so I especially appreciate the good care mom gets now.

Rehab good, medical and aide care poor

My father was in their short term rehab for a month after surgery. The rehab part was good, but the medical care was not too good. They didn't seem to be able to evaluate or treat any medical problems. The staff overall was also very iffy - some were kind, but many didn't seem to want to be there. They were abrupt and rude. The nighttime shift is horrible. My father often waited 30-40 minutes for help getting to the bathroom, then another 30-40 minutes for someone to come back. They then told him they were sleeping or they all decided to take a break at the same time. Where is the night time supervision? Who knows. We reported this several times but nothing changed. They even have it set up so they can see how long it takes for someone to answer a call bell, and it was documented it took 45 minutes, but still they did nothing.

Gotta do a better job!

This community is really nice and seems like the staff is good. I really liked the physical therapy that they provided to my loved one. Again the assisted living is not all that great here. I did also like that they would get my loved one up instead of letting my loved one just lay there.

Artman Activity man Dave

Dave the activity man is such a asset to Artman ,he is really trying to help my Mom and all the residents .He takes a real interest and will find

family members and update them on how their loved one is doing .My Mom really likes him ! So glad he is there !

Artman

Pat is so great ! At Artman .

Artman

I have been so very happy with the care my mother has gotten .Nina is so nice and really everyone .Special mention to Patricia who has been so wonderful in really going the extra mile to help Mom . Mom just loves her !

Prices

Artman Lutheran Home is very nice place and the people willing to work there are friendly and hard-working. They really care about the residents, however, they seem very understaffed and it seems tough on the limited staff. So in return the residents are getting limited service. Which is less for your money. I don't understand what the managers, hiring staff or whomever are doing. I don't know, if they don't know but there needs to be revision. Upper management should be more than glad to help. Overall, pretty decent place. I'd compare alot of prices, unless you need a place quickly.

Much Improved Environment and Care

We have had several loved ones at Artman in the past ten years. The first experience in the mid-2000s was horrible. There was not enough staff, and what staff there was were so overwhelmed they no longer seem to care. We currently have a love one there, as there was no other place, and the experience is 10 times better. We still question if there is enough staff, but the staff is friendly and we always feel welcomed, no matter what time of day or night. And it is not a feeling as if we have to be there to assure appropriate care. They are very friendly and sincere in their care. Their activities are lacking and they really need to come up with more engaging activities and offer more outings into the community for those who are able and wish to get out more. They rely on the television way too much. They are in the middle of renovation and they are beautiful. It is really becoming very warm and homie with beautiful fireplaces and furnishings. They are redoing all the rooms and the decor is beautiful. We feel very luck to have our love one there.

Excellent rehab care

My loved one was here briefly for rehab care, and I felt they did an excellent job. I didn't consider this place as an option for her long-term care, however. The atmosphere was just too clinical for me to want her to be here full time.

Think Twice before you sign

The assessment of my Mother was not accurate as family was not allowed to be with her during the review. The feeling we got was that if you needed more than minimal care you were not in the right place. Not enough help on the floor...........one nurse for two floors on weekends and one aide on each floor at night on weekends. You can have dementia or alzheimers but you had best be docile. We all felt that they resented family being on the scene on a regular basis. We were required to have someone with our loved one during the day and even at night til she was asleep. Mom had a special diet of no cauliflower or broccoli and it was served to her on a regular basis. 85% of the time the smell was awful - not enough help to clean up messes.