Sunrise of Lafayette Hill - Lafayette Hill, PA

Toured on Thursday, [date removed]. Very convenient to where we live (in Lafayette Hill, PA). [name removed], the sales person was fantastic. This option is still open to us - however, it's number two on our respite / temporary personal care, specially for memory care for our Mom.

cozy, compact, very friendly

My Uncle has had a difficult time with his adjustment here and we are still waiting for management to schedule his 2nd assessment for his level of care here. He is still somewhat independent in his own daily activities and doing his meds but he does need the extra care from the staff when he is getting ready for bed so the staff has been very attentive and friendly encouraging him. My Uncle enjoy joining the other residents in the dining room at mealtime and he likes going out on the patio and porch areas where he visits with the other residents as well, We are taking this slowly and moving forward.

Settling in Nicely

So far my mom is settling in nicely at the Sunrise Senior Living of Lafayette Hill. The staff is friendly and caring and attentive to her care needs. I have not had the opportunity to dine with my mom but she says the food is very good, they offer a variety of healthy choices, and the meals are well balanced. There are plenty of activities that the staff encourages the residents to participate. My mom is not one who likes to engage in activities. There are nice walkways to enjoy the outdoors, seating is available in separate patio areas that are beautifully landscaped with flowers. I would recommend this community to others.

Overall Nice Facility

We had a short experience in this community. However overall this is a pleasant community. The staff was kind, and friendly. The community was well-kept. They have nice activities available for the residents. It didn't work out for us, but it is a community I would recommend.

The community was great...

The community did not work out for us but it was nothing on their part. My loved one was just not happy. They tried everything possible, though, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The place was nice, clean and maintained well. Defiantly a good place for anyone looking.

Not enough!

I was able to take a tour of this community. The staff was friendly and very helpful with taking us around the community. There was just a feeling that I got and did not think that this was the place for my loved one. It just did not compare to the other properties.

An Energetic Community

I am fairly happy with the care that they provide. The staff are good people and I am able to communicate with them well. The meals are good and my uncle is happy with the food. I have a little concerns about my uncle's room. I feel they do a better job cleaning his room. Otherwise the community is clean.

Very nice

Sunrise is very nice. It is always clean and well taken care of. The staff is nice and friendly and they really seem to care about the residents. The building has a warm, inviting atmosphere when you come in.

Clean Facility

I think that all of the staff members are just really nice over at the Sunrise Senior Living. It is a really clean facility. They are all very friendly and casual and I just really like the place for my loved one.

Medical Staff Needs Improvement

The medical staff does not really understand what they should be doing as far as my husband is concerned. He is perfectly happy there, but I have had some issues with them medically that I don't like. He has certain medical problems that they don't know how to deal with.

The value is awesome

The value is awesome at Sunrise Senior Living of Layfette Hill. Everything has been wonderful there. They take great care of my mom. If there are ever any issues they quickly get it resolved. Really everything is just perfect here.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This place was very nice looking, and it was on our short list of communities to consider. Sunrise was a little smaller than what we wanted for my parents, and a bit less convenient to drive to, so we ended up selecting another community.

Did not have a full-time nurse

This place looked fine, however my main concern was that they did not have a nurse on staff all the time. Residents often had to be sent out to other locations for certain care needs.

A great Sunrise community

This location was too far to be an options when I was looking for places for my Mom, but a friend has her mother here and she absolutely raves about it. She's got nothing but good things to say about it, the care is great, the staff are amazing, and her Mom is doing well here. She really couldn't be happier!

Very pleased! The staff are amazing.

We're very happy all around with all aspects of this community. It's a very appealing looking place, and has a nice homey atmosphere. It's a smaller community, and Mom is having an easy time socializing. The staff are very involved with the residents, if they don't see Mom at an activity they'll go make sure she knows it is going on and ask if she'd like to attend. All of the staff just seem very genuine and friendly, and they are warm and welcoming to residents and family members alike.

The Best Care Possible

From the moment Mom arrived at Sunrise, she was greeted by smiling, helpful faces and kind words. At first, she had a hard time making the adjustment to senior living and felt that she was giving up all of her independence (I was told this is normal). Her words were I took care of myself for over 90 years and now you/they think I can't do anything on my own. The staff all worked with her and she came to realize that everyone wanted her to maintain her individuality and independence; the staff is there to assist and aid her at those times when she needs it. We have been delighted with her care and her involvement with all the activities. The staff really do listen to all suggestions brought to them by the residents and attempt to act on all of them so that everyone feels that they have a voice in making their lifestyle truly theirs.
We, my brothers and I, feel that Mom is in a great environment and happy and best of all, we know that she is safe. I have recommended Sunrise of Lafayette Hill to many people and will continue to do so.

When your parent needs extra care

Being mom had to make yet another move, the family decided to try Sunrise Lafayette Hill. A Place for Mom helped me find it because it was conveniently located to mom's Power of Attorney and they had a smoking room that mom would be escorted to a few times a day. For my 88 year old mother, this was a better option that denying her one of the few things she still enjoys. Now that mom’s at Sunrise, I see how much more the aides are engaged with the residents than the prettier place mom had to leave. Residents are encouraged and participate in the available activities on a regular basis. In the fancier place mom stayed for 7 months, residents rarely interacted and the aides did not have the same enthusiasm or concern with the residents. I noticed how isolating it really was. Overall, Sunrise Lafayette Hill is much homier and a better experience for mom to age in with dignity.

Great facility Great staff

Great facility Great staff

New looking facilty. Rooms a little s...

New looking facilty. Rooms a little smaller than Brandywine but they have a kitchenette. Farther away than I would like.I did not get offered to see the area where the advanced patients live. That concerned me. Brandywine was more open with their tour.

Cost a factor-clean, polite, resident...

Cost a factor-clean, polite, residents have positive attitudes, close to my home

In elegant, residential environments, we deliver the finest in senior care, and are recognized internationally for both quality and innovation. Guided by our Principles of Service, Sunrise affords families peace-of-mind by providing today's seniors with a range of personalized personal care services. From assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing to medication monitoring, Sunrise provides residents with the help they need. Residents maintain the same privacy in their new home as they enjoyed in their own home. At Sunrise, we encourage residents to challenge themselves while offering the assistance they need. We encourage family and friends to be involved, to visit frequently, and to invite residents on outings to community events. This innovative approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.