Arden Courts of Austin - Austin, TX

Knowledgeable staff, but the facility is kind of old

I toured this community. There’s a nice walking path here that’s quite protected and safe. The facility itself, though, was smaller, older, and didn’t look as nice on the inside. The care sounded excellent but I didn’t think my Mom would be that comfortable living here. I felt like the person that took me on the tour was really knowledgeable about the facility and about dementia in general. Everyone seemed warm, welcoming, and caring. In terms of environment and care, it was nice. But the building itself just felt outdated and not as nice as I hoped it would be. I think they have everything you need and they’re probably the earliest, and best, experts in dementia care. They just weren’t the right place for my Mom.

Arden Courts Review

My wife and I were caring for my sister and knew that the time was coming that we would require help. One day we stopped at Arden Courts and asked for some info. We were given a tour of the facility and introduced to many of the staff. Our first impression was great, The facility was clean and did not smell like a hospital, some of the residents were walking the halls, there is a outside walkway that they (if able) can use. All in all my wife and I had a good feeling and when the time came we chose Arden Courts. Looking back we know that we made the right decision. The staff is excellent, caring, polite and attentive. Daily activities include exercise and mind stimulation. The food is well balanced and very good...Yes, my wife and I have eaten here several times. We feel that my sister is safe and in good hands and would definitely recommend Arden Courts to anyone in need.

5 stars

I just think that they are very good with my loved one.

They give residents their freedom

I really like their approach at Arden Courts of Austin. They give residents their freedom. The facility itself is being remodeled right now. The staff there are very attentive. This is just exactly what I would expect for the kind of money we are paying. I have zero complaints about this facility.

Its a great place to put your loved one if they are experiencing dementia which mine is. They staff are really understanding and caring about the elderly and take it day by day. Their is a bunch of activities for them to play.

Review of Arden Courts of Austin

This place is run very professionally. The staff there is well trained and do a great job with all of the residents. Nancy, Lisa, Aba (sic?), and Teri who run the front office are very caring people. When I need advice on a particular situation, they have the answers. The numerous staff (will not name them all) are all excellent. They (Arden Cts.) do a good job of retention of employees. That is very important to me. My Dad (resident) likes the usual caretakers to keep feeling like there is continuity in his daily activities.

Activities are where this place shines. Jane and Renee (sic?) run an excellent activity center. They always have something going on for the residents.

I am there every day, and see the great job they do. The food here is better than any memory care unit I have been to. That would be about four different places in the same area. Keith, the main cook loves his job, and you can tell by the quality of food he servers. They often have family nights, which is a big party. We recently had a Thanksgiving meal/party that was excellent!!! I would recommend this place to anyone who is suffering from the HELL know as dementia. Truly a God send.

Best place for an awful situation (dementia).

Seriously look this place over. It is excellent.

This place is run by pros! the only reason I give it a 4.5* is that it would be amost impossible to keep a place like that spotless. The staff there is excellent. The food is better than any other assisted living/mental care place I have been to. I give it high marks!

Very pleasant

My niece tried the food and said it wasn’t very good, but I haven’t personally tried the food. The community is all very pleasant. They have nice outside areas. The parking is okay. The staff is friendly enough.

memory care

It’s good that it’s geared towards people with Alzheimer’s disease. They have activities geared towards helping to engage memory and mental stimulation. The best features are that it’s very clean and the staff is very friendly.

Very nice place

Overall they do a good job here. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they've got a good variety of activities to keep all the residents engaged. The staff are all very friendly and professional. In particular we really liked the social worker, Lisa. She was so helpful during the whole process!

Specifically designed by memory care experts for individuals who are living with Alzheimer’s disease or related forms of dementia, Arden Courts Memory Care Community offers residential living combined with quality caregiving in a secure, engaging, and home-like setting. Our structured programs and personalized assistance help each Arden Courts resident maintain their highest level of independence and promotes their sense of well being. Arden Courts’ large enclosed walking paths help to ensure a sense of freedom and independence while keeping security in mind.