Sunrise at Huntcliff Summit - Atlanta, GA

Mom's Great Care

We like this community for the excellent care that is received here.The staff is outstanding and caring. The community is clean and we like the excellent menu of healthy meals. They offer activities for the residents. My mom is happy with knowing that they have a dog for her and the others to enjoy. We would recommend this community for other families.

Older community

My tour of this community was fine. The staff was friendly. It's more outdated and a little darker than other communities we toured.

Moving mom: A difficult but positive experience

This summer my 90 year old mother fell and broke her ankle. She couldn't return to her home because it was no longer safe for her, so my brother and I began looking into Assisted Living communities. Eventually my mom chose Sunrise at Huntcliff Summit II because it was in her area and she would remain close to her doctors and her friends. Also they had a one bedroom apartment, which was just the size and floor plan she wanted. My brother and I both liked the people we met who worked there.

We set up her apartment for her while she was in rehab, so three months later, she moved into her new apartment with her familiar furnishings. As one might expect, the transition has had its ups and downs, but she is a trooper with a will to be happy, so we have had more ups than downs. She is basically a social person, and in many ways, she has blossomed from the daily attention and socialization provided by rehab and now her new Assisted Living community.

Sunrise at Huntcliff Summit II is an older building and has had occasional maintenance problems over the time I've been getting mama settled. Nothing in this world is perfect, so to me, the measure of how well something is managed lies not with an absence of problems altogether, but with how problems are addressed. So far, every problem that has arisen has been dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible given the limitations of personnel. It is a small facility and not staffed with a 24 hour maintenance crew. When my mom's air-conditioner stopped cooling after business hours, and she didn't want to relocate to one of the model units for the night, the Executive Director herself came back to the facility armed with fans to keep mama cool in her own apartment overnight. The maintenance manager was there first thing the next morning to work on the problem. My mom's apartment had been recently remodeled, but her new AC unit failed, and it was replaced as soon as they determined it couldn't be fixed.

My mother was always eager to try new restaurants and indulge in fine dining, so good food is critical to her happiness in a place that provides all her meals. So far she has had few complaints about the quality of the food. She likes fresh food, tasty sauces, and lots of fruit and vegetables, and she has frequently told me how good her meal was. We have both commented that they must have a good nutritionist advising on menus, because the meals are varied and well balanced.

I have probably had more interaction than my mother with the management team, and I have found them unfailingly kind and patient. Today my mom and I had a meeting with most of the management team to reassess her care plan, and they handled all of our questions with grace and professionalism. But my most salient impression from the meeting was that they actually LIKED and enjoyed my mom, and that goes beyond competence and into what I consider excellence in a facility like this one. Knowing that the people to whom you are entrusting your loved one, not only perform their jobs well, but enjoy the people they serve, provides ease of mind for the family, especially family who don't live in the same area as the facility and can't be there as often as they'd like.

The quality of an Assisted Living facility lies with its people, and I think we are lucky that mama chose Sunrise at Huntcliff Summit II.

Good Care

My daughter husband was only at this community for one month, but it was a pleasant experience. They did care for him very well. The community was nice looking, they kept everything nice and very clean. The staff was nice and very helpful. There are great activities offered. My daughter said the meals were okay. Overall they did a good job caring for him.

Very pleased!

My In-Laws were very apprehensive as many are about moving after being in their home for many years. After visiting several places, we immediately felt at home at Huntcliff Summit II. Being new to the process, we were helped step by step to make the move as easy as possible. The environment is so comfortable, clean, nice smelling, happy, inviting, well lit, and you hear music in the background often. The staff are ALL wonderful, exceptional people, and most important to my In-Laws, they like the food! I have continued to be surprised and pleased at the care they have received. The staff seems to go out of their way to make residents happy. They are so thoughtful and I hear compliments all the time. What a relief knowing they are in such a great place!

Excellent Care

There aren't enough stars for the staff at Huntcliff Summitt. We moved my father to the facility following a hospitalization in NC. He has Parkinson's as well as dementia. Managing his conditions is a challenge, to say the least. Huntcliff has accommodated his needs in every way possible. Erin, took time from her Christmas holiday with family to perform an initial evaluation of my father in the hospital prior to his discharge. The on-call physician, Dr. Figiel, visited Huntcliff upon our request and performed a careful and thorough evaluation of my father's mental status. His nurse practitioner subsequently picked up on a serious error in my father's medication (made during his previous hospitalization) and made adjustments. Staff made us immediately aware of any changes in my father's behavior. Every employee from the front desk, to the med techs, to the care managers were warm, friendly, and accommodating. Ashley, in memory care has been my father's advocate, even during his more difficult periods. I have always felt that they have his best interests at heart. I highly recommend this facility.

Go Elsewhere

I can't believe people put their loved ones here. They should be shut down

Sunrise Senior Living

We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to learn more. Please know we take all concerns seriously; we ask that you email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we can follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

We absolutely loved Sunrise.

We absolutely loved Sunrise. They were amazing, very helpful, and on top of everything. They were wonderful. I would definitely recommend them to others. I wish we had found it sooner.

Highly Recommend

This community went out of its way to assist my father-in-law. The staff is fantastic, attentive and well trained. We love the family oriented atmosphere. The staff does a great job keeping the family involved. Would highly recommend Sunrise at Huntcliff.

Staff was friendly

They were not upfront about costs and they were charging outrageous prices for my mother's meds. The staff was friendly and cared for my mother, facility itself is average my mother is no longer there but they also kept raising her rent. I would not recommend due to pricing and communication issues.

Cannot recommend them at all

This was an expensive mistake for us to pick Huntcliff Summit to care for our mother.
They told us all the good things to get her into the facility and could not follow up or implement.
The staff is good, just not enough to go around. They only have what is required by law and that is it. I was constantly having to ask and ask for simple thing to be done, like making sure she was check in frequently since her "button" never seemed to work. I was told that a 20 minute wait after her button called someone was acceptable, if they even heard it. She was in hospice and they still sent her to the hospital.
I have since moved her out to another facility. Money was not the problem but you their service didn't need my moms requirements. I had to hire personal sitters 24 hr a day until we had enough and moved her.

I truly and honestly cannot recommend the facility to anyone. It looks pretty but their services are not good at all.

Read this before placing your loved one at Huntcliff Summit II

They could not provide the care they said they could when my mom was in assisted living. They constantly failed to abide by specific instructions given and no was ever available after 5p weeknights or on weekends to speak IF someone needed a doctor you had to take them to one yourself and they sent my mom to the hospital twice. The second time she was in hospice and they were suppose to call hospice not an ambulance. $$$$ Their "DR", whom I never meet or spoke with, would charge for an in-house visit when it was not requested and never contacted me about the
results if any of the visit. They shared their nurse with another facility so many times she would not be available and never after 5pm or weekends. I thought the management was horrible. They didn't seem to be able to instruct the staff on individual care. It was an expensive mistake to put my mom there. They tell you all the good stuff to get you in, example: they have a hydra tub for baths that you could use once a week. My mom used it once and said the people had a difficult time getting it running because they were not used to using the tub. When she used her "button" to call because she needed to use the restroom and needed help, they would say they never received her call to help.
I would questions them about that and they said that a 15-20 minute wait was no unreasonable. It was always one thing or another and I was constantly trying to get the services my mom needed.

Very disappointed

Very disorganized management. Cannot seem to get instructions down to the staff. The staff is very nice and try very hard. There is only enough staff as required by Georgia Law. I would not recommend this assisted living to anyone..Looks nice, but there is more to care than looks.
Management hours are 9 to 5pm, forget after hours or weekends.

Sunrise Senior Living

We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

Nice place, overall!

So far our experience with Sunrise at Huntcliff Summit has been a good one! It's a pleasant, homey feeling community, and that atmosphere goes a long way towards helping their residents settle in and feel at home. They were very helpful and patient during the touring process, as my parents were very reluctant about this sort of move. The facility itself is nice looking, clean, and located in a beautiful wooded area. There were no urine or strong chemical cleaning smells here either, which was nice. The pricing is also very reasonable compared to some other places we saw.

Top three but not the one we chose.

I liked that they did constant remodeling, even though the building was 25 years old it looked new. I liked that they had a list of all the things they had going on in the next year, and I got to speak with the security/maintenance guy. They were remodeling all the apartments to have granite counter tops. They thought that they were number one in customizing your room, adjusting the closet space or things like that. The apartments were really pretty. The food wasn't very good, though. The location wasn't ideal, the whole area has kind of gone downhill a little bit.

Too fancy for Bobby though....

Too fancy for Bobby though. Back burner.

Nice looking community, very friendly staff

I'd really like to see them improve their dining service. While the food isn't terrible, the meal service itself just seems disorganized. Otherwise, it's a very nice community. The staff are all very friendly and professional, and the care they provide is good. The facility itself is clean and well kept.

There's things I love, but some issues

I'm glad that my parents are here, I'm so glad they're here, it's so much better than them being at home but there's been some things that have been real, real issues. It says clearly in the booklet that we'd have a meeting with them in the first 30 days and we'd assumed that that would be on their initiation but they've been there 4 months. We've all been so busy trying to handle their estate so we haven't called them and asked. My mother's make up was stolen, it was brand new and I had it in a pretty little bag and went there to do her make up and it was gone. I kicked up a fuss and a week later it was back in her drawer. Another thing happened that should not have happened, she got a gorgeous chrysanthemum for her birthday, one of those that you can replant, and my sister went back there to get it so she could put it in her yard and it was gone. They had all of these other dead plants that were there but this pretty live one was gone. She asked my daddy what had happened and he said one of the ladies asked if she could take it and that it was dead.
Overall, we're still being very sweet to everybody because we don't know who did those things so we're acting like they never happened, we want them to treat our parents well. I have to emphasize that I'm glad they're there. The care seems good, my mother wears diapers; they go get them early in the morning and get her dressed and change her diaper and take her out to activities, they keep her there all day, (my dad can come and go as he pleases) but I have been there a couple of times during the day and they were changing her so that pleases me. I know that they're safe and somebody's there at night and if something happens my dad can pull the cord. The good thing too that people should know when they're thinking about this, is the medications my parents were on when they were at home, the sitter's can't keep up with it, it's not a part of their job description so I would have to run up there and make doctors appointments or try to get things refilled and now there's none of that, it makes it so much easier.

Chose Another Community

I looked at this place for my mother and I ended up choosing another Sunrise property because they had more tenured staff and better rates.

I like better than east cobb, studio ...

I like better than east cobb, studio 99.00/day, 1 br 120.00/day. meds 300.00/mo

Once again I loved the location and t...

Once again I loved the location and the size of the facility. The place was lovely and had a lot to offer.