Addington Place at the Mills - Roswell, GA

We like this place very much. It is currently under newer management, if you look up reviews for the address you'll see many negative one's but under the old name and management company. It's a smaller facility and the staff seemed to know all the residents by name often greeted them with hugs. From our tour and interactions with the place, it seemed great. Some rooms even open into an enclosed patio area, a nice touch I though. We ended up choosing another location that was closer to our home and seemed to fit our MIL better.

Perfect 10

If I could rate this any higher, I would. It is a perfect 10! My mom was recently at Addington Place under Hospice care and it was truly a blessing for my mom. She had a lot of health issues and not able to return to her home. Addington was as close to home as you could imagine. The extra little touches were amazing. They decorated to her style and colors and it looked like her home. She felt warmth and compassion from all of the staff. My whole family did. They didn't just pay attention to my mom, but my whole family. They treated us like part of their family.
They have recently been purchased by Phoenix Senior Living and they are transforming the place. We were at several facilities these past few months and Addington was so much better than any others by a long shot. And I heard they have more plans too. They are a gem in Historic Roswell.

Empty Promises

Don't be fooled by the marketing. They will tell you what a fabulous place it is and give you a grand tour (if anyone is there-it's deserted on the weekends). The rooms are not clean, carpet filthy, the safety pendants given to residents to call in an emergency many times don't work, the food is horrible, and the activities that are posted just don't happen. They will tell you "alternative " meals are available if you don't like the main menu of the day. But when you ask, hardly anything is available except peanut butter and jelly. Check out the number of vacant rooms. They are vacant for a reason. There is no communication to residents or families about anything. You will be told this is a "transition" facility. It's more like a nursing home. Most of the residents here can't tell you what they just ate, so don't bother asking any of them. Very few can communicate on an intelligible level. There is no social interaction, so if you are looking for Mom or Dad to make friends, forget it. Residents come to meals and then go back to their rooms to watch TV. New management took over last fall and promised big changes. HA! While the new staff is very pleasant (many of the previous ones either quit or were let go, there is just no training. ) No consistency. The rooms are dated and in bad need of remodeling. Unless you have actually lived here, you just don't know what goes on. And the residents have been chided in a public family meet and greet for posting negative reviews. Reviews are posted for a reason. They help to keep people honest.

Clean facility!!

I thought this place was a very clean facility with a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. The staff where very welcoming and made sure to give my mother and I a detailed tour of there facility and answer any questions we had for them. I would recommend them to anyone interested.

Bad management!

This is not a well run senior community. The Executive Director is all smiles but is not a good manager. Not enough staff and food is bad. We moved our parent because of safety
concerns

This community was not a good fit for mom!

Mom was only here for a week before she moved back to another community. We did not feel they had enough staff. There was only two staff members during the evening. They have an open door policy so residents can come and go as they please and I did not feel she was safe. The food is terrible. They offer daily activities and the community is kept clean.

We really liked this facility. They were very welcoming. We were able to have lunch there, and the food was excellent.

This small community has a lot to offer! Melinda listened carefully to what we are looking for, and she was very thorough in her tour and sharing information about the facility. The rooms are small, but there is a way to put a couple of them together to make a very spacious living area. The lunch was delicious (fried chicken and vegetables and a biscuit)! We're not used to being served bread, so it was a real treat! There is a lovely courtyard room with access to the garden and possibilities for gardening with other residents. The residents we saw seemed happy and one came over spontaneously and chatted with us. This is definitely one of our top choices!

Outstanding

We are beyond pleased with this community. We have no complaints. The community is clean, the staff is extremely friendly. The care they give to their residents is outstanding. The food they serve is delicious. We would recommend this community to any family looking for a nice home for their loved one.

Manor On The Square

Our Manor on the Square team is so happy to hear you are part of our senior living family and we thank you for sharing your positive feedback! Our community team is always available if you have any questions. Thank you again for your time! – Manor on the Square

The community has a good location but felt very dated to me. The rooms were not only small but desperately need to be updated. Staff seemed nice but I just couldn't get past the look and feel of the place.

Friendly, supportive staff

Our experience with Manor on the Square has been a very good one. It is a nice looking place, and the people are all very friendly. The staff is caring and professional, and very supportive not only of their residents but of the families as well!

Manor On The Square

Manor on the Square is so happy to hear about your wonderful experience! Thank you for being an important part of our senior living family and for sharing your positive feedback! Our team is always available if you have any questions! – Benton House

Nice place overall

We've had a good experience overall with Manor On The Square! The facility itself is very nice, the staff are friendly, and they take great care of the people who live here. They've been very flexible and accommodating in regards to any requests we've had. My only complaint is that the staff they have in on the weekends are a little sketchy compared to the Mon-Fri people.

Very nice place

We had a great experience with Manor on the Square overall, I'd give them top marks across the board! It's a clean, well kept community, and they do a great job making you feel welcome as soon as you walk in. You can tell the staff genuinely care about both the residents and their families, and the administration respond promptly to any calls or questions.

They are very nice.

My loved one was only there for a little. There is an outside area for families and residents to use. I had lunch and it was good. It is right across the street from where I work. They are very nice. I never had any trouble with parking.

This was a positive experience

This was a positive experience coming from where we came from before, comparing everything that they had to offer and I’m seeing positive changes in the loved one. There is enough parking and we haven’t had any issues with the laundry.

Manor On The Square

Our Benton House senior living community team is dedicated to serving families and our residents. Benton House thanks you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback so we can strive to assist families even more! Please know if you need further assistance you may contact the Home Office at: [removed]. Thank you!

Loved this place and the st...

Loved this place and the staff I met. Just farther from my house than I was looking for.

We reviewed for a grandmoth...

We reviewed for a grandmother 10 years ago and never want to go back. if you have evidence they have changed management, procedures and totally renovated let us know.

The Manor is the BEST!

I am writing this for my parents. To begin with the summary, the Manor is GREAT and my parents LOVE it! Hence, their children love the Manor! Read on for the details...My parents have lived in 3 different Assisted Care Facilities since my mom broke her 2nd hip and my dad had a stroke while mom was in surgery. They both recovered and are doing well. Honestly, the Manor is the first place my dad has lived and is happy since moving out of their home where they lived on Lake Blue Ridge for 40+ years. The exterior of the Manor can be deceiving. It always looked like a "nursing home" to me but once I stepped inside the Manor, my opinion totally changed. It is clean and fresh. The staff is friendly, caring and very helpful. Although my parents don't partake in many of the activities, there are many and very engaging. Definitely check out the Manor, I think you will be most impressed!

Did not have a good experience

I want to start by saying that our stay here was in the middle of a management change and renovations, and things may have improved since they finished all of those. During our stay they always felt understaffed, and they did not do a good job keeping things pleasant for the residents while the renovations were going on. It was always loud and confusing. Due to the low staffing Mom was often left to her own devices, which was not good because she is physically frail.

The room was terrible, the staff was great!

The room was terrible but the staff was great! She was in a dungeon down there. She had one room with a half a bed, a little bigger than a cot. There was no T.V., no radio, it was poorly lit. They fed her and took good care of her. The upstairs is nice but the downstairs was a horrible experience. Upstairs is more independent. It's a nice place but her room was unacceptable for human habitation. The staff was a good as the staff could be, and we had no problem with the food, or the people upstairs, the management was just as good as they could be.

Very nice, friendly and wel...

Very nice, friendly and welcoming here. Beautifully decorated. Has many different rooms for residents to sit and do activities. The rooms were a good size and very clean. I liked it very much. I would definitly recommend taking a tour here.

Never Again!

HORRIBLE! I would never, never recommend that! Frankly, I think they were medicating their patients just to keep them docile.

Head and Shoulders Above the Rest

Dad has been in, the past 8 months, 3 or 4 other communities and Manor on The Square is head and shoulders above the rest;
inside's nice; They've just finished landscaping and a big remodel and everything's very well kept

Cost - Dad is a spitfire for 89 years old but he gets along with the staff here better than anywhere else

What I'm very happy with is that they make people get up and out of their room, but Dad's not a game player (he's in the memory section, so this is kind of their weak spot), he's more of a physical person, he likes to get up and walk around.

Older facility. Felt mre li...

Older facility. Felt mre like a nursing home.

Found Susan who showed me a...

Found Susan who showed me around, answered all of my questions and showed me a room that might be available, she said she wasn't sure and would have to check with Gina. The facility was clean and quiet. I was also told that some water had entered one of the rooms from all of the rain lately. Most of the staff seemed nice. Menu's looked good.

Best Value

We looked at multiple communities and this one really stood out among the rest, especially from the value standpoint. The food looks really good and my mom has not had any complaints. My mother likes to complain about everything and she has been really satisfied and has yet to complain. It’s nice that they are able to please a hard to please person. The setting is nice it has lots of trees and greenery around.

great staff, good location,...

great staff, good location, good feel, top condition on facilities, no indication on working with us on finances

A wonderful community

I moved my Mom into this community after the Sunrise facility she lived in changed hands and care quality decreased. it is an older facility, but it is very clean, the rooms are spacious, and the rates are good. My Mom was in the Memory Care unit which worked well for her - she was diabetic, had Alzheimer's, and was legally blind from macular degeneration. She was only there for 4 months before she had two strokes and passed away, but the staff was wonderful. They went out of their way to help whenever you needed it. The smaller unit worked well for her, since it was easier for her to get around. One note - the facility changed management shortly after Mom died and I haven't had contact since, but it is definitely worth checking out. We were very happy with the care and service we received.

Nice, spacious and affordable. 2nd on...

Nice, spacious and affordable. 2nd on list.

Older but nice feature with private d...

Older but nice feature with private door to courtyard.

I liked the meomry unit. My sister an...

I liked the meomry unit. My sister and I will compare it to Sunrise.

Things I liked Older but clean facil...

Things I liked Older but clean facility Numerous activities Full time activity coordinator Diabetic menu Mom would wear an alert pendant Breakfast 8:30, Lunch 12:00, Dinner 5:00 Rooms are nice Appears to be a friendly environment Affordable Concerns Large complex-up to 61 residents Laundry is once a month

Welcome to Manor on the Square! A beautiful community of warmth in Historic Roswell decorated with fine furnishings, stunning artwork and more often than not the scent of something delicious baking in the kitchen. A place where independence thrives but help is just a call away.
Manor on the Square enjoys a full community life with a customized social calendar that includes exercise options, concerts, trips, religious services, cooking classes and more for our residents’ preference! We have a variety of apartment styles in Assisted Living and in our Memory Care Neighborhood to show you! Residents bring their own furnishing and keepsakes so the apartments can truly be their own. Also, our senior community offers a full array of services including medication assistance, enjoyable meals, housekeeping and dignified personal assistance by a qualified staff. We value choice and dignity providing a caring environment where friendships can flourish. When you’re here you’re home!