Silverado Aspen Park - Salt Lake City, UT

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.

My Grandmother's Care

This was a outstanding community. The staff are nice and we like that they did keep me informed on her progress. The community was always nice and very clean. The listed on the menu of healthy meals were very appealing and she was pleased with the variety. They had a lot of nice activities that were offered for her. We would recommend this community for the good care and the value for other families for the care of a loved one.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for sharing your thoughts! At Silverado, we pride ourselves in being industry leaders and providing individualized memory care that is just as focused on mind and spirit as it is on body. We're glad to hear that you and your grandmother enjoy the delicious and healthy meals that our culinary team creates. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to being a trusted resource and care partner for you and your family!

Great care family.

A very nice community for good care. Excellent staff members who provide great care. Wonderful activities are offered. This community is a little costly for the care, but I would recommend it for those who can afford the care that family members receive here.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide an exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members.

Terrible experience from beginning. Initially was told that dad would be placed in a private or double room until his behaviors could be accessed and matched with another roommate. However the first night he was there, I was called and told his roommate didn't appreciate him being there. He was yelled and cursed at by the roommate so they wanted to transfer to another room across the hall with another new roommate. I was stunned after being told he would be in a private room initially. Asked them to place him in private room at a cost of $10,000/month so that no one would yell/curse at him anymore!!!!!!! We ended up paying the $10,000/month while dad's initial roommate is still in double room by himself and paying the double room rate, much less that the private room rate we are paying?????

In addition, while medical staff tried to balance his meds making him dizzy and unable to walk steadily, he started falling down. Dad had never fallen down prior to coming to Silverado. Discovered the first fall myself. Dad had bruises on face and bottom, and swollen knee, however staff had no clue that he had fallen despite the many visual indications. Even though dad fell many more times during period of trial and error on his meds, nothing was done to help prevent him from falling, or adjust meds to not make him so dizzy where he was unable to walk.

Then the big fall came that was severe enough for us to take him to ER. CAT scan revealed that his neck was fractured and had a pneumonia infection too which causes more confusion in dementia patients. Staff at Silverado had no clue that he even had pneumonia even though he had been examined by doctor 2 days before. We noticed that he was coming down with something the day before his fall due to his coughing and chest pain. Staff is not trained enough to recognize when patients need assistance. Now with 12 - 14 days left to live, even though didn't have much quality of life before the fall, he now has absolutely none and fell that they didn't do enough to keep my father safe. I wish I would have kept him at home now.

Not Good

I will never use this facility again.

After Mom stayed there a few days and was returned to our home, she arrived in poor condition. She had half of her undergarments on and she was soiled. There was dried vomit on her face. Another resident's narcotic prescriptions were given to us.

Her medications were missing, so I had to drive back there to pick them up. One of them was lost.

It took two days at home for her to recover.

In spite of a verbal agreement from the director that Mom's clothing would be washed, it was not. The soiled clothing was in plastic bags in her suitcase.

Our CNA visited the director's office to address concerns, but he went into his office and closed the door.

Silverado Representative

Joe, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate and take all feedback very seriously. We would like an opportunity to speak with you personally and address your concerns directly. We encourage you to contact Aspen Park Assistant Administrator, Keith Taufer, at [removed].

absolutely flawless - a Godsend

We had my dad at another place that was very expensive and in which dad ended up on the floor three times in the first ten days. We ended up getting him in Silverado Aspen Park as recommended by A Place For Mom, and they have been great. From the first tiem there I got a really good feeling about it. Dad lived there for a short time and eventually passed away there, and everything about the experience from beginning to end was absolutely flawless. The place was an absolute Godsend.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! Feedback like this truly motivates us to continue to provide the best care to those we serve. It was our honor to have the opportunity to care for your Father. As always, our associates are fully dedicated to providing the best care to all of our residents and helping their family members through this difficult time.

The staff is super friendly.

Everything I have heard has been positive, and when I have been there I have been really happy. They have very friendly, and it's really clean. Ultimately the thing that stands out the most is the staff, they really are so nice.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our staff and the amazing care that they provide! We appreciate your comments and look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family.

Professionalism, Large number of staff, rich in activities for residents to do

I like the professionalism, and all of the activities, to meet my dad's needs. They have a large number of staff members that can help, and they have a lot of activities.

They go out boating, they have a wood shop, they have musical performances, they have something to do on a day to day activities. They have a lot for them to choose from.

The location is pretty good because it is close to my house.

I can't think of anything that could really be better.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience at Silverado. As you mentioned, we offer an array of activities that are catered to the individual needs and preferences of our residents. We believe that personal expression is one of the best ways for residents to remain active and engaged, so we integrate many different activities, such as gardening, cooking, art, music, woodshop, and much more into our dementia specific engagement programs. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review and we hope to be a resource for you in the future!

Review of Silverado Aspen Park Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Salt Lake City, UT

Best place by a mile! The staff really know what they're doing and a very warm, friendly environment. Tons of walking areas and extensive yard that is completely fenced. Memory care only so not overshadowed by regular senior care. Nurses around the clock. Doc onsite 5 days a week! $6100 but all inclusive and never increases. Small fee for transportation with caregiver assistance and $14 a day if incontinent. Admin fee $4000

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments! Feedback like this truly motivates our associates to continue to enrich the lives of those affected by dementia. We take pride in providing world-class service and being the industry leaders in memory care. We hope that you will use as a resource in the future. Thanks again!

We have found peace

Having had first hand experience with a facility that overall rating was close to zero and now Aspen Park which is outstanding I feel that Silverado is a blessing to both my sick husband and my worried self. Their thoroughness in evaluation, after making certain that he was comfortable settled, was impressive. They took a man who to me seemed insane and returned him to the calm loving person he actually was. He cannot be healed. His memory cannot be rebuilt but he is at peace and now so am I. I have the greatest confidence in their ability to care for him as the Alzheimer's continues to destroy his brain. God bless each of those who care for those who are at Silverado Aspen Park.

Silverado Representative

Phillis, thank you for sharing your Silverado story. Feedback like this truly keeps us motivated to continue enriching the lives of not only our residents but of Silverado family members as well. We look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for both you and your husband.

Amazing

They are amazing. I never knew there could be such an amazing rehabilitation community! The services are being very effective. This is the best community!

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your Silverado story! We are very happy to hear that you had a positive experience.

If they had a six I would give the staff a six. It's the best staff in the world. If I had to give some constructive critisism it would be that they could do a little painting and remodeling, but that is just aestetics, very minor compared to the quality of care. The doctor that is there, Dr. Steve Fehlauer, he is the best doctor that my mother has had for 30 years. He really dug in to find the issues. I couldn't get good medical care anywhere, except for him. They have a nurse that became a good family friend, and gave outstanding care compassion and love to my mom, Jan Parkinson told my mom she loved her a hundred times. I would reccommend them to anyone.

Silverado Representative

John, thank you for your kind words! We are happy to continue to be a trusted resource and care partner for your mother and your family!