WoodView Estates Assisted Living - Mays Landing, NJ

i loved it as soon as I walked in. Staff have been very friendly and accomodating. When entering for the first time, unannounced, I was given a tour by [Name removed]. She answered any questions professionally and was as sweet as could be! Woodview Estates is immaculate and feels more like a home. Mom loved it and is moving in a week early.

Memory care and assisted living mixed into one building

I toured here when trying to find the right place for my Father-in-law to go. One floor of the building was only for memory care and the rest of the building I think was for assisted living. The person that gave us the tour was very compassionate and seemed knowledgeable. Overall, everyone we had come into contact with was very nice. The rooms were a bit larger than a few other places we had looked at but the location just wasn’t right which is why we chose not to move him in.

Husband Is In Good Hands In This Community

My husband is receiving good care here in this community. He is safe, and in good hands. I'am very pleased with his move here, and everything is working out well for us since his move to this facility. The staff is very pleasant, and always willing to answer any questions you may have. They do a great job with the cleanliness around the community. His room, and the facility are well-kept whenever I visit. The activities director is very sweet, and there are good activities offered for the residents. I have not tired a meal, but he cleans everything off of his plate whenever he eats. It has been a lovely experience for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

My tour

We liked this community very much when we toured it. The person that took us on tour was friendly. The community looked clean. This community was just a little farther away than what we were looking for.

A good tour!

I had a good tour of Woodview Estates Assisted Living. The facility was nice and clean and all of the people that I came in contact with were friendly and welcoming. After considering it with my aunt, we chose another community that fit her needs a bit better.

Thank you so much for taking such good care of our father. We referred to Woodview as his “home sweet home,” and said he felt like he was living in the lap of luxury. We are so grateful to all of you for making his life at Woodview such a happy experience.

The Woodview Estates staff and residents are indeed “family”. Care and compassion radiate not only from staff to residents, but between residents. The entire staff nursing, dietary, clerical, housekeeping, maintenance, show concern and always extend a helping hand. They are exceptional!

Overall the facility is very nice...clean, no odors. Even though the facility is 17 years old (older than some of the other facilities I have seen) it is well maintained on the inside, light, airy, carpeting and furnishing not worn. There are several large rooms where family can visit and bring in food or prepare it there in a kitchenette. Outside the grounds could be better maintained. The staff greeted me by name, were very professional and didn't hesitate to answer all my questions and concerns. The residents I talked to were very friendly and loved it there, loved the food. Staff addressed them by name. There is a low turnover rate of staff, mosted beinging there in excess of 5 years for more. There are local pastors who come weekly to provide religious services. Overall it is a nice facility.

The overall community is really nice!

My loved one is in a secured area and I feel there is not enough staffing in the area and there is only one activity that he participates in. The food is good as he is eating well. The rest of the community is really nice and there are a lot of activities. The community is well taken care of and the staff is nice. I do not want to give anyone the wrong idea as I can only speak about the secured area. I would say to look into the secured area carefully if this is what your loved one needs.

My Family Was Really Impressed

Our experience with Wood View was about 6 weeks longs and it was a very pleasant time for my wife while she was there. It is a very nice place and really clean I never had to worry about that. I have nothing bad to say about this community, the staff here was nothing but kind and helpful to me and my wife. They were professional through out the whole process made things very smooth and easy for us. Our family that came to visit was really impressed with the community and how nice it looked. They are very considerate of my wife and her needs and they were nothing but friendly and helpful to me when I came to visit. I would highly recommend this community to anyone and A Place For Mom really helped me find a great community for the time she was there.

Definitely worth the visit

While they are a little far out from the rest of the assisted livings we visited, I am so glad I went. After being referred by numerous people who have parents there, I can see why the people who live there are so happy. I was greeted with a smile and the staff are genuine, my anxiety was quickly put to ease.

We came back with my Mom and she instantly became excited to move in. It's not at all institutional in appearance and we couldn't be happier.

Not for us

The exterior and interior are a little older and they show it but they are very well maintained. The community is very clean and the staff was very friendly and caring. A couple of residents voluntarily came over to us to talk to us and answer questions. One of the main reasons it really did not appeal to us is because they are not in close proximity to any hospitals and the location was very inconvenient for our family.