Woodland Retirement and Assisted Living Community - Lacey, WA

Woodland Retirement and Assisted Living Community - Lacey, WA has yet not published prices.

Very helpful and compassionate staff

My family toured this facility. We met [Removed], the director, and she graciously showed us around the facility and explained how everything worked. She showed us 2 different modeled rooms and they were very, very nice. The kitchen and appliances were full sized, the food they fed us was very good, and we were able to order off a menu and get exactly what we wanted. They showed us the game room, a kitchen where they do cooking classes, and we learned that the residents can actually bring their family members in and cook meals for them. We were able to see the second floor that opens up to the bottom level and it’s in a big circle so it’s almost like an indoor walking path. Everything was so nice and clean, it smelled good, and the residents were very welcoming. They have a library and a celebration room for the Eucharist, which was nice because our family is Catholic. They provide transportation to church on Sundays as well. We were going to move our sister in but weren’t able to, to no fault of the community. This place really was just wonderful and they went above and beyond for us.

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thank you so much! We are very pleased you enjoyed your recent tour of our Woodland community. We are so glad you appreciate how helpful and compassionate we try to be. We do keep our beautiful community very clean, nice, and welcoming. Feel free to send me more details or any thoughts or questions anytime: Gashby (at) livebsl.com.

I loved this facility. When you walk in, the first thing you notice is all of the pictures of the residents in the halls. It's from when they were younger and it was very nostalgic in a good way. They had little mock gift shop fronts in the halls as well. No one would ever get bored here. There are so many places to go and look around. It was really lovely. It's so big, open and friendly. The only bad part I have to say is that it's expensive and they have a large community fee. The other big issue is that they don't work with Medicaid. Without the pricing, I would definitely recommend this community.

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thank you so much! We are very pleased you enjoyed your recent tour of our beautiful Woodland community. We hope you come back soon and you are more than welcome to reach out anytime with any additional thoughts or questions: Gashby (at) livebsl.com.

Very Nice Tour

We had a very nice tour here and we had all our questions answered and got to see all around the community. The staff was very professional and friendly but we felt that it was a bit pricy for the amenities they offered.

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thank you so much for visiting our Woodland community. We do try to be professional and make the atmosphere as happy and fun for our amazing senior residents as possible.

Wonderful Place

My mom is really enjoying living here. The staff is so friendly very prompt when you ask for something to be done. They are kind and attentive very personable. The community is clean well kept the temperature is always comfortable. The food always tastes good but is never very hot. I would definitely recommend the community.

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thank you! We really appreciate it when somebody takes the time to share what they enjoyed most about one of our awesome communities.

Trying Their Best Till The End

My dad passed away but he was at Woodland for a short time. He started to go downhill when he moved in. From what I saw they took real good care of him and the staff did all they could for him. They were good a nice community for the care that was needed.

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thanks for the thoughts. We know this was a difficult time and we do our best to support everybody involved.

Friendly and helpful

My parents have been there 2 weeks now. Staff super helpful, maintenance helpful, building clean and while not luxurious very homey and nice. I would definitely recommend a walk through to see if you think your "old people" would enjoy this space.

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thank you! We really appreciate it when somebody takes the time to share what they enjoy most about one of our awesome communities. Thanks again and feel to send me a note anytime if you can think of anything else we can do to make them more enjoyable for our awesome senior residents: [removed]

Woodland does not accommodate people with a pureed diet.
[Removed] was very sweet. She didn't waste my time and apologized that she was unable to let mom come there.

TLC for dad

The staff at this community are very caring. We like that the community is clean and maintained. The meals do need some improvement. they offer my father activities, but he is just settling into the community. I would recommend this care that is given and the good value to other families for the care of a loved one.

This is a great contender in our search for a place for Mom. It holds a high place should our preferred choice (a different place) be somehow shown to have some quirk that may not work out for us.

I like the care that my mom has received at this community. the staff are so very caring and helpful to her needs. The community is beautiful and very clean. They do offer her activities for when she is able to participate. The care if outstanding and we would recommend the care and the value to other families needing good care for the value.

Brief, but positive experience.

My mom resided at Woodland for a very short time period and during her stay the caregivers, nurses and office staff were all very proactive to make her stay as comfortable as possible. They also communicated well with me regarding her care and needs and worked closely with hospice. I was grateful that she was not alone, while I was not able to be with her.
I wish she would have had more time to enjoy the activities and to make friends, but unfortunately her end stage COPD did not give her enough time to do so.

Lacking in Vegetarian meal options

For the most part I am very pleased with Woodland by Bonaventure. I am quite disappointed with their failure to provide vegetarian options for my Mother as was promised. This may become a reason she will have to find another facility. If that issue were satifactorily met I would give them a superb rating!!

Very disappointed.

Cost more than expected, assisted living service less than expected. Mother only stayed one month.

Very Helpful

When we were first looking at the place and my loved one decided to move in, they were all very helpful in helping us pull it together really quickly and let us use their furniture for a while until we got my loved one her own.

We were impressed with this facility. My husband uses a walker and he really liked the extra wide hallways and large common areas.
All of the staff we saw took time to greet us and say hello..
We both liked the spacious apartments and the and the bathrooms were designed with safety in mind.
It's a definite possibility to be our choice.

It is what it is.

Wish the food was better. It does have a nice variety but just not as good as I would like. The servers are good and friendly. The office staff are very good. It is clean. I feel out of place as most people need help roof some kind and we do not. Think we came a little to soon. I am not out going so hard to get acquainted.

Review of Woodland Retirement and Assisted Living Commu Assisted Living in Lacey, WA

Good location for family and medical care. Excellent response and followup on communication. Good activities scheduling and clean community grounds. We've had favorable recommendations from families of earlier residents.

I would give the staff 5+.

I would give the staff 5+. We have no complaints about the food. It's a really good fit for our loved one, and they have a really good program. The initial discussion with the director, set it apart, she was very up front and honest about things and I made a connection with her. From there everything that she said or promised, turned out to be true.

It was good at first....we have had a few issues.

They are clean and friendly. However, they let our resident run out of ALL of her medication, EVERYTHING was gone. There have been times when I was there and nobody even came by when we pulled the cord and pushed the button, we eventually ended up at the front desk. Their R.N. quit, and I am not aware if they have a new one yet, no one has introduced themselves. It looked great when we toured, but the food was cold when we tried it, and we get complaints that the food is terrible. The activities schedule seems great, but I don't think our resident participates. It would have been helpful if they had given us a checklist of things we would need to have together before we came, they told us some things, but there was a lot we didn't know. We initially were pretty happy with Woodland, until a few of these things started to happen. We liked that it was open and airy and that the staff was very friendly.

All in all it really is a good community they do a good job.

All in all it really is a good community they do a good job. The food could be better and they could have a better variety of menu choices. The people are really nice, both the staff and residents are very friendly. It's a great community, it's on the smaller scale, it feels like a home, not a facility.

Not Real Covenient

They have some cottages that a lot of couples use. They're right across from a grocery store but not real convenient as far as walking to things. There's a drug store but there's not really any shopping other that.

Very homey and warm. I lov...

Very homey and warm. I love how the staff all seem to know the residents, and the residents know them all by name. Everybody looks happy here, as well as they are all very clean. Can't say enough about Melissa! Wonderful woman! So far, this is the one I would recommend

Fits my needs now and if they change, just need warmer food

I would rate them a 5 if the food were hotter. I've talked to them about the food and they say they're going to fix it. It's not cold, but it's not edible hot. It's kind of cafeteria style so there's a lot of gravy and meatloaf, by the time we get the gravy it's started to gel, if the food were hot it would make it enjoyable. There's a lot of complaint about the food not being warm but other than that it's very good. The activities are good, they're just starting a bridge club but I don't know if well have enough people who have enough ability, I know where I'm headed but I'm not there yet. I think they're kicking up the activities a bit more now. They have a lot of activities that most people enjoy, but I'm one of the younger ones here. We just started up a book club and I'm really excited about that. I believe younger people are coming into places like this so they're trying to find more things to do. I chose to get myself in a place where if somethign major happens I can stay in the same community, I would have to move to a different part but my kids wouldn't have to go find a place to "put mom". My only real complaint is the temperature of the food and even with that I would recommend this place to anybody.

Excellent staff and very clean, next ...

Excellent staff and very clean, next to the Bonaventure next door it is my second choice in assisted living. It does not provide for continued skilled care but could provide acceptable support for the near future.

Possibility

Possibility

spacious and safe Lock down area - d...

spacious and safe Lock down area - depressing but apparently necessary. Single rooms for lock down area is the size of a bedroom and easy access to shower. Shared rooms/shared bathroom. On site Physician = requires initial physical. Doc will determine whether mom is eligible for Assisted living or Lock down care. Personally, mom in the lock down will not go well at all. It is a beautiful facility but an extremely depressing area.

includes one daily meal each, pets, u...

includes one daily meal each, pets, utilities with expanded basic. They only charge one deposit for the dogs instead of a deposit apiece.

Exceptional facility, new and full of...

Exceptional facility, new and full of life. I highly recommend this Senior Living and Care complex with highly motivated staff and enough detail to satisfy all residence.

Very nice facility. Offering pricing ...

Very nice facility. Offering pricing incentives at times.

Paned windows, dogs ok. New, willing...

Paned windows, dogs ok. New, willing to work w/ me on cost.

Located in Lacey, Washington, Woodland Retirement and Assisted Living Community is close to area hospitals, shopping and services. Our beautifully designed community has been serving the seniors of Thurston County since 2004. Our gracious, home-like environment has an experienced staff. They make Woodland a great place to live. Call for your personal tour and reserve your apartment today!

Caring, compassion and dignity are more than just words, they are a way of life at Woodland Retirement and Assisted Living Community!