OLYMPICS WEST RETIREMENT INN - Tumwater, WA

Absolutely loved the place. This is where we will be placing my mom. Wonderful staff, great food and we loved the decor.

Right mix between independent and assisted living

My mother condition has unfortunately become more advanced and we needed to move her from independent living to assisted living. She needs more care than independent living could offer. When we found this community, they seemed really good. They are taking really great care of my mom. They are so patient and helpful. This facility is truly a good fit for her. They go above and beyond my expectations. My mom had a recent fall and the staff members were right there beside her with a wheelchair. For the next week, they would help her into a wheelchair, bring her downstairs for food, and made sure she was okay to walk when she was ready. I really like that this place is a good mix of independent and assisted living. They're there when you need them, and if you don't need them, you could walk around the facility and go on about your day. I really recommend this community.

A Place for Dad

[Removed], from "A Place for Mom", was very helpful and not too over eager to push me toward any particular location. She provided several options that were closely tailored to my father's needs. "A Place for Mom" found a great place for my dad, Olympics West, in Tumwater, WA, right near my sister's house. That will make it much easier for her to interact with Dad more often and spend more quality time with him rather than taking care of his yard and dishes. :-) I live all the way down in San Diego. Having my dad at Olympics West with it's friendly and helpful staff, gives me piece of mind regarding the care and social life of my dad. He is already making new friends there and getting in more exercise as well. "A Place for Mom" is not just for Moms.

Olympic West Retirement Inn is an inviting, home-like community located in Tumwater, WA – not far from the state capitol of Olympia. We offer a full range of choices in our Homestead, Independent, and Assisted Living apartments. At Olympics West, you will find a wide range of amenities, including a beauty and barber shop, ice cream parlor, and scheduled social activities and entertainment.
Life at Olympics West offers residents relaxed living, with security, privacy, comfort and freedom without the responsibility of home maintenance or cooking. Our Homestead Apartments are our most independent living choice, with options for meal service. In Independent Living, all meals are included, and an attendant is on duty 24 hours a day for safety. Our Assisted Living apartments are perfect for individuals who do not need skilled nursing home care, but who may need assistance with daily living skills such as bathing, dressing and supervision of personal medications.
Olympics West Retirement Inn values each resident as a whole person, with spiritual and physical needs. Our personalized care focuses on the uniqueness of each guest, and provides the benefits best suited to that individual’s needs. Come visit with us, and see why so many people call Olympics West ‘Home’!