Brookdale Olympia East - Olympia, WA

Brookdale Olympia East - Olympia, WA has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Olympia East - Olympia, WA

I was not made aware of the hidden fees

I didn’t tour other places when choosing a place for my mother. This was the first place that we had gone and my mother just fell in love with it right away. Her favorite thing about it was her room. She has a one bedroom unit and her bedroom would be separate from the living area. It would also include a small kitchen and a large bathroom. She thought that she wouldn’t get as much space anywhere else so this sold it for her. The place itself is nice; it has been updated within the past 3 years so it has a modern look. It was very clean and they do their laundry and take out the trash weekly. The staff seems pleasant enough while first arriving. However, I only really talked to front desk receptionist and the marketing advisor. I did not appreciate how they were not up front about the extra fees. The advisor that I was speaking with explained to me everything that they offered not knowing that it was an “al la carte” style. Depending on the amount of care that a patient needs there would be a few up charges. I only later found this out while I was finalizing the paper work for my mother. Something like this should be noted upfront on a price sheet. My mother was not a fan of the food that they served in the dining area. The kitchen staff had to keep in mind of others dietary needs which, in result, caused the food to come out blander than she would have wanted it. However, their dining area was very nice. They tried to keep it from looking like a cafeteria as much as they could. It actually looks more like a restaurant. It is very neat and tidy. They also had a number of activities that were available. They offered different types of crafts, bingo, they always have a jigsaw puzzle going, weekly movie nights, and happy hours on Fridays. They also do surprise field trips. The activity coordinator gathers everyone up, does not tell them where they are going, and then they go there. Aside from the staff the residents there seem pleasant. My mother has not faced any trouble with anyone. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this place but my mom is comfortable and getting the medical attention that she needs.

Seeing That the Community is Good

The staff have been on top of what my mom needs. They are responsive to any issues with mobility and good at communicating with me. They also have been good at making suggestions for my mom.. They are very caring. The community has lots of good places for the residents to walk around or an area to socialize in. There are group of people that eat meals and they have flexible times to eat. From what I have seen, there is many different types of activities to try out.

The location was not good

This community was very nice. The staff was kind and welcoming on our tour. They gave us good information. The site was clean and looked very good. The location was not in a good area for me to get too not as close as I would have liked.

Brookdale does not accommodate people with lifts.
The contact person was sweet. She didn't waste my time and apologized that she couldn't help me.

A very knowledgeable experienced professional in Director[Removed]. A great location in the heart of all medical needs.Unfortunately the prices that they charge for specific portions of care needs was well over our budget and well over comparisons. There are other opportunities in the area that seem to provide many more amenities and frankly appear much less costly.

The Best Choice

We are moving to Olympia, Wa. from California and will be bringing my Mom to Brookdale Olympia East. We've only just toured Brookdale and talked with Cindy pretty extensively. We chose Brookdale because it is most like the assisted living home my Mom is in currently. Brookdale came out with glowing colors after touring a couple other places. It appeared to be very well organized, was super clean & no hallways that smelled like a hospital. It had a very pleasant feel. After making the decision, we have received emails giving us an idea of what it will be like, the programs that will be available for Mom. Although we are not there yet, I feel confident it will be the best place for her. I only gave it a 3 star since Mom is not actually there yet, but based on everything I know, i am sure it will be a 5 star.

A safe and happy place

First impressions are everything. The staff at Brookdale - all of them- are very friendly and helpful. I continue to be impressed by the kitchen staff especially. Not only did they all come out to greet my mother at her first meal, but they all knew her name and still do.

guidelines excessively long

food has recently gone downhill. Vegetables are overcooked.
Variety is good, but ethnic recipes can be intimidating for picky eaters

Wonderful place!

They've do a very good job at Emeritus at Olympia! The staff is experienced and professional, and many of them have been at this location for years. They really embraced my loved one's problems and have taken excellent care of her. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the food is excellent. We couldn't be happier!

Review of Emeritus at Olympia Assisted Living in Olympia, WA

Not my father's choice but would highly recommend because of location to GHC and St Peter hosp. Nice and clean environment. Meals menu very interesting. Staff visit followup and support excellent.

Friendly staff, but a little small and closed in.

The staff were friendly here. They were just a little older and smaller than another community we were considering. They weren't very open and airy, they felt a little more closed in.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®