Willow Crest Nursing Pavillion, Ltd. - Sandwich, IL

A Huge Transition For The Better!

My Mom was in this facility in 2016. We had to place her for therapy again and even though we were reluctant because the last time wasn't the best experience, the other choices were not what we wanted.

Upon admission the nurses were friendly the floors looked fully staffed with nurses and CNAs and the home was so clean smelling and the floors were so shiny and clean. A huge transition from last stay!

I had billing questions that were answered immediately upon my request during my Mom's contract signing and it was a much more pleasant experience. It was great to have everything so organized and stress free this time around. I was feeling guilty about leaving my Mom over the holidays but the Admissions Coordinator was so understanding and caring and made me feel better about my decision. The load was off my shoulders.

Please don't change a thing...Finally you got it!!!

Not Too Happy About Waiting

I had a good experience living her but I found something nicer. At this community you have to wait for the nurse to bring your medications. At times I waited 6 hours when I am suppose to get it every 4 hours. If I rang the bell for my medication, the aides would come to my room and I would tell them I need medications. Then they would go look for the nurse and tell me they are making their runs. I did not like the wait.

They have good and bad about them. Most of the nurses there are good the c n a staff some work their butts off and most are screw offs. Food is terriible and from what i know from my mom being there the hot water is NEVER hot!!! Its very understaffed there. They dont get raises that are owed to them and most of the staff end up quitting. I would not ever put a family member there again.

Management staff are liars

Most of the nurses are very good and caring. There are a few nurses I wouldn't trust. The CNAs are caring individuals that are treated like dirt. Social service and activities are awesome! The DON is a liar she is fully aware of understaffed, falls, medication errors, staff/resident abuse and only tries to cover them up. The administrator is never there. Not to mention I think she is robbing the company! CNA supervisor is aware of call off issues and chooses not to call people into work because of a "no overtime" rule. I would never recommend anyone to stay there or work there. This is a very poor company for all involved!

Underfunded but Excellent Rehab

I will tell you their rehab staff is great! Their food is terrible and their nursing staff is very understaffed. It's state run and they don't have enough funding so they're understaffed. You might wait half and hour or 45 minutes before someone responds to the call button so the response time is very poor. It's not a nice place to be but the rehab is excellent.

The goal of Willow Crest Nursing Pavilion is to provide accurate, individualized medical attention to every resident in our facility.
Our residents are the reason for the existence of this home. We are pleased that they consider our facility to be “their home.”

It is, therefore, our obligation to assist the resident in every way to make their stay as comfortable and homelike as possible.

Resident care involves many aspects: nursing care, restorative programs, dietary requirements, activities, and social needs. Each resident is encourage to be involved to the fullest extent possible in all of these areas.

Willow Crest’s Rehabilitation program specializes in the assessment and treatment of persons requiring specialized rehabilitative services. The program assists those individuals to achieve their maximum level of independence. This intensive program of care addresses the individual’s needs, strengths and desires.

The prime directive of our resident care philosophy is that each of our residents is entitled to live the fullest life possible consistent with his/her own physical, emotional, and intellectual capabilities. This holistic approach focuses upon the individual potential of each resident as a unique human being and calls us to maximize that potential at every opportunity. Our common goal is to reflect this philosophy in our every word and action toward each resident. Each staff member has committed himself/herself to promote human dignity, pride, and a sense of self-esteem in every resident.

Please feel free to contact us at anytime and we look forward to hearing from you!