Autumn Leaves of Oswego - Oswego, IL

Autumn Leaves of Oswego - Oswego, IL has yet not published prices.

At Autumn Leaves of Oswego, Illinois, memory care is all we do. Our exclusive focus is on providing the best, research-based assisted living memory care for people with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia.

Every employee at Autumn Leaves is trained in memory care, because caring for those with dementia is the core of our business. This includes both the team who works with our residents every day, as well as the corporate office staff.

Autumn Leaves of Oswego was carefully designed with our residents in mind. Abundant natural light, wide hallways, a secure courtyard, and many other features create an environment that’s safe, secure, and calming for our residents.

All Autumn Leaves assisted living communities are family-owned and –operated. We strive to provide to our residents the same exceptional memory care we would want for our own family members. That’s why Autumn Leaves is a recognized leader in the field of dementia care. We’ve been recognized as one of the “best of the best” providers in dementia care by the Assisted Living Federation of America, the nation’s leading senior living professional organization.

We make each day count at Autumn Leaves of Oswego, with our biography-based So Much More™ programming. Our team begins with each resident’s interests, history, and preferences, and fills his or her day with personalized experiences that promote cognition, calm, and moments of joy.

Each resident’s meals are also personalized according to his or her preferences. Our culinary staff is trained specifically to recognize the needs of the individuals in our care. Special occasions and festive experiences also play a part in the dining experience at Autumn Leaves of Oswego. As a family member of a resident, you’ll be invited to attend these special occasions.

A visit is essential to truly appreciate our assisted living community and the way we serve our residents. Call us today for a tour of Autumn Leaves of Oswego. We’d love to show you how we’re providing exceptional care to those living with Alzheimer’s or dementia.

My husband attends the Day Stay and loves it. He loves all of the staff and is excited to see them each week. They are very caring and compassionate and make him feel welcome each time he arrives. I see him happy, is busy and sings and talks and laughs with residents.

Judy Brown

We appreciate your positive remarks about our Adult Stay program. We know how important it is for caregivers to have a safe, engaging place for their loved ones while they handle other responsibilities. We hope to enjoy the company of your husband again in the near future.

Beautiful community! Very friendly and attentive staff. The residents were all happy and engaged in activities when I toured!

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community and for your kind words.

Friendly care staff, managers do a fantastic job!

Better care

The care at this community was not what we wanted. The staff wanted my father's door closed at all times. The staff constantly called my sister for no reasons. The staff called an ambulance that was not needed. We were informed that this community calls the paramedics when they dont want to help residents. This community is not recommended due to the care. My father is no longer there and doing well. Families should tour this community before they make a decision for the care of the family.

Judy Brown

I am deeply sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with Autumn Leaves of Oswego. We have been in business for more than 14 years and strive to provide the highest quality care for our residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
I want to personally apologize for any issues that were not addressed in a manner as timely as you would like, and want to assure you that we are taking immediate steps to review your concerns. We have already contacted our staff in Oswego to share your comments and to begin addressing your concerns.
Finally, as distressing as it is for us to hear about your unhappiness, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Care for comfort

I toured this community. And it was like a home feeling. The staff was caring. They seemed to have a lot of nice activities for the residents. The menu looked appealing. We would recommend this community to other for care and value.

My parent care

I am very happy with this community for both of my parents. They are happy with the staff who are always caring to their needs. The community is clean. The meals are outstanding and appealing. They are enjoying the activities that are the offer to them. We are recommending this community for the care and the value to other families.

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments.

Maintain a great staff !!

I am very pleased with my families experience with this community so far, everything is going as expected. The directors do a great job at maintaining a well organized staff and are very attentive to my mothers needs. She has been eating all of the meals that have been presented to her and seems to really enjoy her dinning experience. The staff also do a great job at keeping my mom involved in different activities and making sure she stays busy during her day.

Judy Brown

We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care.

Close to my house is reason for choosing this community. Seems like the right choice however it has only been about 6 weeks of residency.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking the time to post your nice comment.

great people, great place

People were very helpful throughout the move in process. Staff seems very caring & concerned. They are flexible about schedules & accommodate themselves to my loved one's wants, needs, and behaviors. Amenities are pleasant & there are activities geared to my loved one's level of engagement.

Pleased

I only gave four stars where I didn't know what they did
As far as activities. My only complaint was I didn't get much feedback. When I asked how he did they just said fine. I assumed he did well as he looked good and
Calm when I picked him up. But I would have liked
More details. Everyone very friendly!!

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for your comment. Nothing means more to us than a satisfied family member. Everything we do is meant to make sure your loved one has the best care and environment possible. I’m glad you feel at home at Oswego.

Disappointing change

When our family member first became a member of the Autumn Leaves community in July of 2013 we absolutely loved it. As soon as we walked through the door to visit we were welcomed by the staff that knew us by name and shared information and stories about our family member. The staff went out of their way to let us know how she was doing at all times. We felt comfortable and like a member of the community.

We loved all the staff, unfortunately that is no longer the case. I would no longer recommend this facility. The level of care has changed dramatically. We were rarely given updates on my family member's condition and even though we visited frequently many of the staff had no idea who we were including the director for several months. There is a definite change in the culture. The one bright spot is the activities director.

Judy Brown

I want to personally apologize for any issues that were not addressed in a manner as timely as you would like, and want to assure you that we are taking immediate steps to review your concerns. We have already contacted our staff in Oswego to share your comments.

Perfect!!!

Autumn Leaves of Oswego is perfect! I love it there. They take incredible care of my mother. That is the best and my favorite thing is that they take such good care of her, everyone loves her and they are so kind. The staff is wonderful, couldn't be friendlier, they are so helpful. My mom goes to all of the activities, they have stuff going on all day long, she isn't just sitting in her room watching TV. They do exercises for the mind and body. People come in for entertainment, they do baking and cooking, play games. They take them out to eat once a week or once a month. Once a month they do a family meal, that is really nice. The kitchen staff is really nice. The residents can share their recipes and have them made, so they get to try other kinds of food.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community.

Staff Is Excellent

The staff members at the Autumn Leaves of Oswego facility are excellent. They take the residents out for lunch and breakfast sometimes, so they are pretty active. Everyone there is very friendly and my loved one likes it.

could improve the food

They could improve on the food. I like the activities they offer, they keep them involved. The staff is very friendly.

Thank you for sharing.

Good place for those who need lots of care.

My mother is at the beginning stage of having memory issues but needs daily help with her diabetic care. There wasn't a lot of time to find her somewhere to stay that allowed her beloved dog. Autumn Leaves of Qswego had an opening and so that's where we placed her.

Autumn Leaves of Oswego is a beautiful, small facility with good care and friendly staff. But this place will be a temporary solution for my Mom as she's not really ready for a "nursing" home environment. The rooms are good sized but don't have anything besides a separate rest room (baths and showers are separate). There is supposed to be a chef there but the food I saw was pretty standard and everyone has the same meal, no choices are given. My Mom is designated a place to sit for each meal and they bring out the food one table at a time. There seems to be activities every day and my Mom seems to enjoy them but she her room it's a sanctuary at this point. They're very into group activities all the time.

So it's a good place for those folks who need closer to nursing home care and don't mind the high cost.

Judy Brown

Hearing your positive comments truly makes our day. Thank you again for taking time to review.

Caring Environment

The staff is very friendly and caring! The facility itself is beautiful, bright, very clean. They do their best to make it feel like a home environment. We loved the courtyards for being outside! Autumn Leaves is not a "nursing home". It is so much more! From the beautiful setting to the personalized care. The small facility offers much more hands on care, and the staff to resident ratio is much better than a nursing home.

The food and food service was good but not great. I feel that is an area that could be improved upon. The kitchen staff did not seem to be aware of our mom's dietary restrictions. Once we brought it to their attention several times, they did improve.

There was definitely a "get to know" the resident period. It was important for me to visit our mom daily until the staff understood her needs and preferences. The staff was very friendly and worked hard to resolve any issues.

Carolyn, Laura, and Natasha made the evaluation, check-in, and move-in process as easy as they could. They were available to answer any questions that we had, and were very understanding about the emotional aspect of the process.

The activities director, Dawn, worked hard to provide activities that our mom could partipate in. That was a challenge as her vision and hearing are very limited. Without those limitations, there are many activities each day for the residents to enjoy.

I do feel the communication (returning emails and calls) could be improved upon. I do appreciate that the residents care comes first, so that may have caused the delay. Particularly, the nurse director, Natasha, did not often reply to my emails and follow-up regarding our medical concerns. I would have liked the on call doctor to have seen our mom more regularly, and then communicated with us after his visits.

Overall, we feel our mom was well cared for in Autumn Leaves. They could not have friendlier and more caring resident caregivers. Any issues that came up were listened to, and resolutions came to quickly. We would definitely recommend Autumn Leaves to other families! We really appreciate all the staff's time and care.

I Would Recommend

I think they communicated with the family very well. She was only there for a short time, but they were a very communicative group and very friendly. I think they took good care of her. Everything was fine. I would recommend them. The experience with them was a lot better than at other facilities in the area. I would say they are more concerned with the individual.

Things have changed.

My loved one has been here for over 18 months. A lot has changed at Autumn Leaves due to the house cleaning of management and staff over the least 6 - 7 months.
The new staff is fine, no real complaints, but the homey feeling and family atmosphere is gone. The focus is on profit now, on bringing in more residents, or at least that is how it seems to family members that have been here a while. The extra bit of warmth and attention that initially drew us to Autumn Leaves is no longer there.
Caregiver and nurse turnover is greater than it was even a year ago, and that is not beneficial to the residents. I don't know what is causing the turnover, but the connections my loved one made with the previous caregivers is long gone.
If you are new to Autumn Leaves, you will probably think it is a fine place (and it is, compared to some of the other places out there), though rather pricey for what your loved one is receiving. For my family, genuine family atmosphere (the former director's own children would come in and spend time with the residents, too) that drew us to Autumn Leaves of Oswego initially, and for which I was willing to pay the extra money for, is no longer present. Do know, the price will go up at least 10% every year but your loved one will not see a benefit from the price increase. Profit is everything now. I do hope this changes, and loving care and genuine warmth returns, since that is what drew us here in the beginning. It is a fine place, but it could return to being a wonderful place again.

Judy Brown

As distressing as it is for us to hear about your unhappiness, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Very nice place!

They've done a great job overall at Autumn Leaves! I have no complaints whatsoever about the service they provide. The employees are compassionate and caring and they do an excellent job looking after the residents. The facility itself is beautiful, and the apartments are very spacious for the price that you pay. I would definitely recommend them to others looking into options in the area!

Autumn Leaves of Oswego has been good...

Autumn Leaves of Oswego has been good.. my mother has fallen several times in just 6weeks, and because of that, it hasn't been the best experience. Staff has been attentive to her. The facility is very clean. My mom is unable to attend any activities. She must be in recliner type chair and the room where they have activities don't allow for that chair.

Judy Brown

We’re particularly happy to hear that you are pleased with Autumn Leaves of Oswego.

This is a really splendid a...

This is a really splendid and affordable option for someone that is in the mid-to advanced stages of memory issues. The staff was so patient and attentive. It is not a match for my mom more for living amongst the other residents than the facility. She needs to be with higher functioning folks.

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community.

Excellent long-term care for dementia/Alzheimer's

I don't know what our family would have done without Autumn Leaves of Oswego. Our mother was hit fast with dementia last fall. We were unable to continue caring for her needs effectively or safely in our home, even with home healthcare services in place. Autumn Leaves was a DEFINITE answer to prayer. We had visited other places for our mother to receive long-term care, & we're so thankful we came across Autumn Leaves. Their staff was very patient, loving, understanding, caring & supportive to not only our mother, but to our entire family. Even after our mother's recent passing, they still have remained supportive to our family. They had various activities (painting, sing-alongs, baking, bingo, devotions, word games, etc.) planned throughout the day to help with memory. They also had wonderful get-togethers throughout the year that family were invited to attend for holidays, which is so nice & convenient when you have a loved one who is unable to travel. Autumn Leaves of Oswego is NOT your typical nursing home environment, & we would highly recommend their services to anyone who is searching for such care (dementia/Alzheimer's/memory care) for a loved one.

Judy Brown

We are grateful to all of our families, like you, who have entrusted their loved ones to our care. Thank you for sharing.

Very happy!

I can’t tell you how happy we are there! We had her birthday party there yesterday and it was the sweetest little party. The staff is incredible – they’re very nice. It’s just like home. It’s clean. It moves like a ballet – the workers just flow into where they’re needed. The building itself is new and beautiful. It’s not even that expensive. I couldn’t be happier. She is more content than she’s been in twenty years.

Help and Care from the Heart

The help and care was really great. You can tell the people employed by Autumn Leaves in Oswego really take pride in their jobs. This goes to say no matter if they are the director or chef or even the maintenance people, they all pitch in to care for your loved one. This was truly an excellent experience. We had our loved one at another facility that was a disaster. We could not be more happy with our decision to bring our uncle to Autumn Leaves.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care

friendly

The community is passably clean. The staff and the value are the best features of the community. The staff is very friendly and it’s a very clean place. The care services and activities are both okay, but there is room for improvement.

Nice looking community!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. It's a nice looking place, very clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly and professional. The price was on the higher end compared to others that we saw, however.

Judy Brown

Thank you for touring our community and for taking the time to comment.

Peace of Mind

Autumn Leaves is a beautiful facility with very friendly and caring staff! We moved our mom here from another assisted living place so she could get the kind of care she needed as she is physically good but mentally not able to function on her own due to dementia caused by Alzheimer's. It was like night and day in her care compared to the other facility. Mom's anxiety went down dramatically as everything was more simplified and the staff really know how to handle her situation. We learned a lot from the staff as well in caring for mom through their knowledge and/or informational seminars they have once in a while. We are really looking forward to participating in an Alzheimer's simulation (our kids and us) that Autumn Leaves is conducting soon.

Excellent Memory Care Facility

Autumn Leaves has been a God send for my mother and family. The level of care is outstanding. They understand the disease like no other facility that I have been to. They work with each individual person and understand what their needs are so they can better care for everyone. It is a home environment where you feel welcome.

Kari Overton

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are so glad to be a part of your family!

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments about Autumn Leaves of Oswego.

The facility at Autumn Leaves is very...

The facility at Autumn Leaves is very impressive. The environment there is very family-friendly. Autumn Leaves is a clean and beautiful place with very friendly staff and my father-in-law loves the place.

Kari Overton

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so glad to have your Dad with us!

Judy Brown

A loving and careing place for my husband

careing,loving,clean,wonderful nutrious meals,free laundry,many,many activities,friendlyand attentive staff. From the first time I walked into Autumn Leaves I have never been disappointed with the care my husband has received. I also appreciate the care and concern I have received. A five star review from me!!

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments. We really appreciate your thoughts on our community.

Very pleased

My mother has been cared for at Autumn Leaves of Oswego for 8 months. From the beginning the staff has done their utmost to accommodate the needs and fluctuations of my mother's condition. I have personally observed them do the same for other residents. Wonderful attention is paid to the physical, mental and emotional needs of each person as individuals. They have been very supportive and flexible enough to meet my mother's needs and ours as family. Their doors are always open for visits. The meals, cleanliness, comfort and activities at Autumn Leaves are way above average. They also provide many extra programs each month to provide entertainment and stimulus to the residents, and the special meals, cookouts, parties are very well done. Any questions or concerns have been handled in a kind and professional manner. We are very happy with our mother's care.

We have decided against Aut...

We have decided against Autumn Leaves based on location. While it is beautiful, peaceful, and homey, others places we have seen are closer to family.

Wonderful family environment

When my sister and I realized our mother with dementia needed more care than we were equipped to give, we visited Autumn Leaves, initially because the facility was new, in a great location, not too large, and they offered a day program. Mom needed engaging activities in a positive and safe environment. After one month of the day program where mom was greeted each day with smiles and loving hugs, it was very apparent the staff at Autumn Leaves truly cared about her well being and are specifically trained in dealing with memory care. As beautiful as this specialized facility is, the real beauty is in the staff, from administration, nurses, caregivers, life engagement, culinary, and maintenance staff. They all love what they do and the residents are the blessed recipients of that love. Mom is now a full-time resident of Autumn Leaves and the staff cares for her like family. We also feel like family and are offered support & encouragement, educational seminars and updates including pictures of mom enjoying her favorite bingo & bunco games, art projects, music & dance and a good cup of coffee. We never thought we could place mom anywhere outside her home and it was the most difficult decision we have ever had to make, but the staff at Autumn Leaves has walked with us and made the journey a little easier. We are truly grateful to our second family, (residents & staff). We have participated in fun parties, enjoyed holiday dinners and even used the private family dining room for our own get togethers. We are deeply appreciative of this fine group of caring professionals.

Positive Experience

My wife was at Autumn Leaves until her passing.
We originally chose the facility for the location, cleanliness, layout, and open spaces.
We learned quickly that the staff was the real reason to choose Autumn Leaves, they are caring, kind, and loving to the residents. All the staff are so attentive to the families needs and the needs of the resident
I do not hesitate to tell anyone--- this facility will be a positive experience for everyone evolved

My husband has Alzheimer's disease an...

My husband has Alzheimer's disease and has been at Autumn Leaves of Oswego since it opened in January of 2013. He was a day stay patient until April 24, 2013 when he became a resident. I have nothing but praise for Autumn Leaves of Oswego. The Autumn Leaves Corporation has a fantastic concept and standards for caring for those with dementia. It's the staff that brings it from a great facility to a phenomenal home. I have the pleasure of visiting my husband every day. I see the staff treat the residents with love, respect and dignity. They also treat the whole person, providing activities and meals that are tailored to each residents personal needs. For example, my husband is very busy with his hands. The staff purchased and activity board for him to use to help keep his hands active in a safe and beneficial way. The Autumn Leaves staff has become our second family. I would highly recommend anyone who has a family member with dementia to visit Autumn Leaves of Oswego and see for yourself how awesome this community is.

Not Enough Staff, Especially in the Evening

My mom was treated very well. The staff there is very attentive and friendly. The facility is new and is very nice because it has some nice amenities. However, it's on a very small parcel of land and there's really no room outdoors. They have 2 or 3 small couryards but they're not big enough for walking; they're fine for sitting.

More importantly, they have a couple of residents that I think are placed inappropriately. There is one gentleman that constantly urinates all over the place and takes his clothes off mutilple times a day. He also goes around trying to get into all the rooms and being that it's a memory care place the residents can't always remember to lock their rooms. There is another gentleman that eats everything you put in the common refrigerator. I don't think they have enough staff. They have 2 people in the evenings for 12 fo 14 people.

My mom is home now. We took her out of there because it's too expensive. Even if it weren't she probably wouldn't have stayed.

I really enjoyed the tour h...

I really enjoyed the tour here but the prices are to high and as much as I would like for G to go there, I simply cannot afford it. They have room for 45 and only 11 spots, if they brought their prices down they may find they can sell more rooms and get more residents because they have a very nice home