Heritage Springs - Las Vegas, NV

Shameful

Horrible! My father has lived there for 3 weeks. I called there today to find that they had thrown him into a locked dementia unit without my permission. I am his health care proxy, his daughter and a Certified Emergency nurse. No one called to tell me that there was a problem. He is forgetful, but they said that if it progressed that he could go into their illuminations program for those with the beginnings of dementia. That was never offered to me when the time came. The staff blatantly lied to me when they convinced me to put my father there.

Excellent assisted living/memory care facility

This facility has an overall approach of keeping the residents happy, whether it is adjustments to their individual menus or preferences for activities and off-grounds trips. It's also small enough for personal attention.

The good relationship between staff and clients can also be seen in the active residents' council. I have experienced an inactive residents' council elsewhere, which was caused by a bad relationship between the council and the activities director. At Heritage, the activities director is an active and responsible participant with the residents.

Bigger room for mom

We toured this community. The menu looked to be appealing. The community was small and they did not have a room for her to have alone. We did not want here sharing a room with two other residents. We would recommend that families tour this community to see if this is what they are looking for.

Nice tour

I thought the staff were very friendly and did an excellent job with giving us a tour of their community. The thing was that it did not seem like this would be a good fit for my in-laws.

we had a terrible experience starting from day one. we got my mom a brand new bed comforter sheets pillows, foam mattress. and the very next day was ruined saturated with urine. we were paying for Depends services but management didn't relay it to the Health Service Department. so no depends where changed. one of the staffs through my mom into a cold shower. Mom was promised daily activities. She did four in one month. And one she said was so bad it was an insurance lecture. She hated it. S alot of stuff happened in a month. after just over three weeks they decided to raise my mom's rent to over $500 per month. and they knew from the beginning we were already a little bit short. they blamed it on management, and that the manager was gone. fired or quit I don't know

Mom's Good Care

The care at this community is very good for my mom's care. The staff has been very helpful and kind to her needs. The community is clean with a nice environment. I like knowing that she is happy with the menu. They have alot of activiites that are enjoyed. We would recommend the care at this community for the care of a loved one.

Mom's Care

I am very happy with the care from this community. The staff is caring and the community is very clean. I like knowing that my mom likes the menu of the variety of healthy meals that are served. They have a nice list of activities for her to participate. We would highly recommend this community for the care and the value of a loved one.

I Would Look Again If Needed

The only reason I did not choose Heritage Springs is because the community room was too small. It looked jammed and over crowded when they were starting an activity. I went over one time and everyone was together and taken care of it, that was nice to see. Another time I saw injured residents in the back. They were getting helped but it just bothered me. I would look and check them out again if I needed a Community.

I would recommend this community.

THe staff at this community are accommodating, caring and friendly. They know my loved ones by name. The nurses are helping with their medication. My father in law is gaining strength as they offer physical therapy. The food is good and they keep the community clean.

I took a tour!!

The Heritage Springs was a very nice place. When I got there, the tour guide was ready to show me around and prepared with information. The place was clean and everyone was nice, but it was not what we were looking for.

I loved it. My husband hated it.

Not so good...

My tour of the Heritage Springs did not go so well. The place was outdated and smelled like a litter box. It was terrible. It could use some improvement on their cleanliness and upkeep of the place. Overall would not recommend it.

A great tour

We were happy with this community. It was close to our home. The staff was excellent and answered all of our questions. The community was very nice and clean and well taken care of. I would of been happy for my father to stay here.

The staff at Heritage is very Cheerful and affectionate!!!

The staff at this community are very caring, put the welfare of the residents first and do not hesitate to contact the family with any concerns. They have a calendar of events and they try to engage the residents. The food is sometimes bland but they offer good healthy choices. They are very careful about making sure the residents get the proper medication.

Mom's visit

Mom visited for respite and like it so much she decided to move in

Memory Care

My husband is in Memory Care at Heritage Springs. The caregivers make sure his well being is foremost in his care. He has no shortterm memory so he doesn't remember all the activities he engages in. But they have shown me video of him dancing and participating. Th hard part is my adjustment to the change in our lives. But I know he is well taken care of.

Heritage Springs Memory Care

The staff is warm and caring. It is a homey atmosphere. And I feel that my husband is being well cared for, and they strive to meet his needs emotionally as well as physically.

Friendly Staff

The Heritage Springs has had a recent turnover in staffing and that has made me unhappy, But otherwise other than that all of the staff members are really friendly and my loved one is happy being there.

dining room service needs improving

The dining room service needs improving at Heritage Springs. They need more staff helping out. Other than that there is nothing else I would make mention of specifically.

Caring and they make an effort

They have been fairly cooperative. It appears to be a good facility. Its kind of hard to get the right person to address something. Other than that, they are caring and make an effort.

My friends lived in Heritage Springs where they received loving care. Pat especially met many friendly residents there. The staff was caring and helpful. Natalie, Tiana and Megan were especially sensitive to the needs and concerns of Pat. Due to the lack of family support, Pat and Hans needed to relocate to Southern California to be closer to loved ones. It was with regret that they left. I would highly recommend this assisted living facility for anyone requiring this type of life style.

It's a great facility, the staff is doing all they can to help.

They are doing as well as can be expected. It's a great facility, the staff is doing all they can to help. The transition has been rough on everyone. Natalie and the rest of the staff have been fantastic. I have been very pleased with the personal attention we have received.

good overall experience

My mom has dementia, and I am not 100% sure that they give the best care for that. She spends a lot of time in her room and does not have as much social interaction as I think she should. But then I am not sure if that is more on them or on her.

Other than that it has been a good positive experience.

pleasure to work with them!

My parents are living there at Heritage Springs. Everyone was just so accommodating when I moved them in and made the experience so easy that it was such a pleasure to work with them!

Heritage Springs is a place that love...

Heritage Springs is a place that loves their seniors. Everyone of the staff from the management to the care providers contributes to the happiness and physical well being of the residents. When we moved out Mom in we were apprehensive. We thought she would have a difficult time living in a facility away from family, but the staff at Heritage Springs made her feel comfortable right away and helped her transition into the community. We never expected to experience this level of true compassion. We are delighted with Heritage Springs and very thankful for their kindness and understanding.

We really like it and we really liked the staff.

We really like it and we really liked the staff. We have been really happy with them. We are using them again and we have used them a few times, for a respite stay. As soon as I went in there I was just comfortable, I didn't need to look any further. It's not too huge, it's homey feeling.

Fabulous Facility

After visiting other facilities we were so happy to have a tour with Natalie. She was very professional and able to answer all of our questions. They allow pets which helped to tell our Mom she was able to take her kitty with her. Heritage Springs is a fabulous facility that we moved our Mom into less than a month after our tour. The move in was seem less. The staff are all very friendly and attentive to our mothers needs. My sister and I would highly recommend this facility! They offer both assisted living and memory care so if we need to move our mother to memory care we can stay at Heritage Springs which is a huge plus.

They’ve been very good.

They’ve been very good. I think it’s a good value. They’ve been very accommodating. The food could be better. They respond very quickly and help keep problems small. They offer a lot of activities. They send me a calendar every month. The staff is very friendly, very inviting, very homey.

They were nice and very clean.

They were nice and very clean. They were more expensive than the place we chose, that were very comparable in what was offered. The staff didn't strike me as particularly happy or bubbly, especially compared to the staff at the place we chose. It was very nice though.

Good area, nice bright rooms...

Good area, nice bright rooms. Nice decor. So far, like best.

Keep residents active and engaged

I am not sure how the entire community is this is just based off my experience with the memory care section of the community. They try to keep the residents engaged and active. They bring them out of the rooms to participate in activities and just keep them involved. Other communities we looked at just let them stay in their room and didn't engage them. That is the biggest thing that stands out in this community. I am very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

No independent living option.

No independent living option.

110 units; 21 memory care, 90 assiste...

110 units; 21 memory care, 90 assisted; homey place w/ personalized care & med prof on site; has a medicare approved dr weekly; encourage as much care & indept as possible. 3 types of studios 2200-2500; 1 bed 3300-3500; sit down meals where you order off menu; eat whenever between 8-6pm. nurse 7 days a week; exec director. currently have a 90 yo mother & daughter w 65 y.o Down's daughter. can do pet as long is family w it. 2 story w main & second. mini fridge/freezer; AC/HVAC controlled by resident. has a family apartment. really liked intake person. accepts VA Aid.

Impressed with staff, very energetic ...

Impressed with staff, very energetic and lively. Residents seemed happy. Facility seemed new and very clean.

Heritage Springs provides a complete range of services that allows seniors who desire assistance with the activities of daily living to remain as independent as possible. By assisting with needs such as bathing, dressing, and medication supervision, we help our residents maintain their well being, while providing options for achieving new possibilities. Our Wellness program establishes an environment that combines care with hospitality, in a community which strongly supports our residents’ choice, dignity, privacy and independence.