Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing - Wichita, KS

Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing - Wichita, KS has yet not published prices.

Horrible Nursing Home

My Mother died in this Renamed facility three years ago. She wasn’t allowed to leave to come home. My Google Reviews closed the Previous named Facility-Manor Care. This is unbelievable. My Google Review brought attention to the Horrific care under Administrator [name removed]. Same administrator just Renamed! Nurses overworked and Do not trust these people!. I have all pictures of my 85 year old mother Who never in her life had Pneumonia until our family saw her Chest bare and air conditioning on freezing and freezing outside! She died of Pneumonia! Her care! The funeral director said it took a half hour to wash my mothers hair when she died. How Shady to just rename facility. Yet same administrator who doesn’t care!! [name removed]. I have all pictures!!

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

Wichita Center has been great! My loved one is happy with the nursing he receives. They take good care of him. The only thing is that sometimes he asks us to bring him food because he does not enjoy what they are serving. Other than that it has been fine.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

Everything is good there. The staff is good and better than any other facility I have seen.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

They're doing well and I don't have any major concerns with anything so far. The admissions staff were all very helpful, especially with the transition from the hospital. They were able to move through the process quickly. There was a minor issue with some of the aides, but after talking to them it's been good. My aunt was there before and that's why I brought my parents here. The staff remembered my aunt and were all excited to be able to care for my parents now too.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

I think the staff is very kind to their patients and very attentive. There seems to be a lot of new staff there, so there may be a lot of turnover.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

The therapy is good, but the food and nurses were not good. It took a day before my loved one got pain medication.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

My loved one is as happy as a lark. The therapist is awesome. She came with us on a bank visit to see him in his regular life to help him with his therapy. I was so thankful for her. She explained everything and helped keep him calm. A lot of the staff won't make eye contact or say hello. They could definitely improve on the courtesy and customer service in that way. They've made me feel very welcome. The floors should be kept cleaner. Even after they mop the floors are sticky. The staff have been very helpful when I go to ask questions.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

The way my loved one said they treat her, is really good. I haven't talked to anyone. Something happened yesterday and someone was supposed to call me and that hasn't happened.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

It was really hard to get a hold of the nurse for his needs. My dad was always left on his own and left laying down. He needed to be moving around and in his wheelchair more. Most people were pretty nice. I was there when it was Manor Care. I thought it was livelier and nicer then. There weren't any decorations in the rooms this time. I let them know it's really hard for him to eat on his own. It didn't seem like the staff were that organized.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

The facility was outdated and not kept up well. It seemed pretty clean. The staff was not appreciative. I felt that it was somewhat clean. The meals were not very good. I did not get updates.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

They're not keeping a very close eye on my mom, she keeps falling. There is a tall male nurse comes in and does check on my mom, I don't know his name, but he's good. They could be cleaning the rooms. Every time I go to see my mom I have to clean up the room. My mom is getting better with moving, and she is even walking a little bit. She says that sometimes the food is good and sometimes it's not. The only time I hear from them is when she falls. Everything else I get from my mom. The nurses don't tell me anything.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare

She has not been there that long. The staff is good and she is clean. The rehab therapists are trying and my loved one is moving. They get her up to do what she should do. They are very friendly. The social worker greets my mother. She is a very warm person I have not met anyone like her before. The social worker is never too busy and always has the time to talk to me. She is a people person.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare

There are a lot of people there trying to help her with therapy. She is getting up and moving around more now. For the most part, the staff is all pretty friendly. The maintenance man is good with helping out. The nurses seemed alright. It looks clean but I got hit with an overwhelming smell today right after lunch. They are good at communication.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare

I’d recommend Wichita Center to a friend!

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare

Overall, our experience was excellent!

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

I like the nurses and they are really helpful. I like the set up. Basically I think it is a nice place for my brother to be. The therapy is great and the therapist said she would call me if there are any problems. My brother works hard. Most of the aides are good to go. The staff are nice. There is one aide who explained things to my brother with what they are going to do and how they are going to do it. The nurses do great. I go to the nurses’ station and they answer my questions. I did attend a cowboy program and they encouraged my brother to go.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

The therapists work with my loved one every day and he is doing a lot better now. They get him up and do therapy, even swallowing. He likes the meals and when he asks for food they give it to him and snacks.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

They are doing an excellent job. What the therapists have done is great. The nurses are great and few are exceptional and just stole my heart. It is very clean and does not smell which is kind of unusual.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

I'd recommend Wichita Center to a friend!

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

The staff seem to be very attentive when I am around. He does therapy every day and he is walking much better. The staff are very nice. It is always clean and they mop the floors. The meals could improve. The menus could be a little different.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

There are two ladies there I really like. One of the bilingual CNAs does a great job. The meals have very small portions. They did not keep me informed enough.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

It has been a good experience at Wichita Center.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

My mom enjoyed the therapy and she did exercises. She was kind of happy with it. I'd recommend Wichita Center, they are all real friendly. I was up there every day. I would visit 3 to 4 hours at a time. It was pretty clean. She asked to go the bathroom and some would say she cannot get up without help and others would say you can use her walker. The response time was too slow. At night they were loud. She had her meals in her room and the food was too cold. Her taste buds are shot but it smelled good to me. They need to improve on picking up the phone when I call there. They need an intercom system.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

The staff is pretty friendly. I have had some issues with the care. The communication has been bad. Hearing back has been an issue with the communication. When I go in I feel bad, because I have to bombard whoever is working with all of my questions since I am not getting the information back otherwise.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

They have a good physical therapy department but everything else is average to below average. I would recommend Wichita if the family can help the patient. One of the nursing assistants was attentive to my mom. She was always working really hard and friendly. The speech therapist treated my mom with respect and dignity. He helped with what he could. He did a lot beyond his duty. There was no communication on the discharge plan.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

They seem like nice people with a good hearts. It depends on the person, but it seems like they were not organized. It seemed like nobody knew what everyone else was doing. They kept trying to join in on our conversation. I'm in there very briefly, and they took the family time away from me and dad. They seem like nice people with a good hearts. It depends on the person. They kept trying to join in on our conversation. I'm in there very briefly, and they took the family time away from me and dad. I wait to hear about my dad on the phone, and I wait for 30 minutes. They pass me on to the service desk, and I wait and wait for somebody to answer the phone. All I get is a long message. You would think it's a cruise line. The message just talks about the food. There is no telephone in the room.

Review of Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing

He was somewhere else before this facility and I liked that one much better.

Wichita Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a place where the Centers Health Care spirit of "Get Stronger!" is felt by everyone; residents, guests, and employees alike. Our state-of-the-art short-term rehabilitation program will help you get back on your feet as soon as possible. Call or visit us today to see how we can help you or your loved one get better, faster.