University Village Retirement Community - Tulsa, OK

University Village offers the full spectrum of senior living options including cottage living, independent living, assisted living and a skilled nursing center. Through these continuing levels of care, our residents are able to remain among loved ones, friends, and familiar staff members if their need for assistance or healthcare increases. With spacious floor plans, affordable monthly rates, and a wide range of included amenities, University Village is an exceptional combination of service and value.

Having helped seniors make this transition for more than 40 years, we understand what you and your family are going through. At University Village, we accommodate you and your loved ones to make the transitions in life smoother and more comfortable than you could ever imagine.

• Diabetic Insulin Management
  • Incidental Transportation
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • On-site Maintenance Personnel
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!

My Thought Of The Tour

This looked like a nice community when we toured it. This is a larger community and I felt mom might have a hard time getting to places. The people we met were nice.

Great community and they have made many updates, they need to focus on astetically enhancing the property. Also a buffet style is hard for seniors, so that was a make or break for our family. Even though they carry your food to the table you could be waiting in line for 10 minutes to place your order. That's just not something my Dad wanted to do.

They Do It All

It is a wonderful place. My father lived there in Assisted Living. When he broke his hip last summer, he was able to stay on campus and go to their rehab unit. He got to go back to his apartment. He had a stroke a few weeks later and was then able to go the full nursing care part of the nursing home. All of the staff in all parts of the campus are wonderful. Some parts of the building are older, but the care that the patients receive make up for it. I highly recommend this place to anyone that needs a senior community.

A good tour!

During my tour of University Village Retirement Community, the staff was all very friendly. The place was clean and I had a good experience. They were able to answer questions, but I found another community that fit what we were looking for a little better.

A Great Tour

They were a very nice community to see on my tour. The staff and care were all really well. My loved one would be happy here. But based on our high care needs the care was not suitable.

Didn't Care to Much For this Community

I didn't care very much for my tour of this community. Their independent living portion of the community is full, so they told us my father in law would have to move to another portion of the community. Which met a further walk for him to everything, we were not comfortable with the idea. The meal program is limited. For the most part our tour guide was kind, but she did misinform me about some information. It was not the community for my father in law.

They Are Supportive and Understanding

My mom picked this community because it had the wall space she wanted to hang up pictures that meant a lot to her. The room is bigger with 2 nice size windows, this is what she wanted. We are still understanding the transition and getting the communication from the staff and they have been helpful and taking good care of my mom. She tries activities and goes down for meals. She has a bunch of residents she has become friends with. They stay on top of her medication, using a checklist to not miss anything.

Big community!

The apartment at this community was very big, it had a separate room for the kitchen and 2 bedrooms. The main problem for us with this community was that my mother is on a walker, and it's a long way to get to the dining room, activities room and everywhere else. Their dining is cafeteria style, so the residents have to line up a long time before lunch hour to get their food quicker. Other than that the community was nice, and everyone was very friendly.

Great back yard for pets!!

This community is a perfect fit for my loved one and I, our apartment is spacious and they have a beautiful court yard for our pets to roam around. The activities they offer are delightful with lots of helpful exercise techniques that help with memory loss. I have no complaints about this place and would defiantly suggest this facility to anyone.

Not A Good Feeling

I didn't get a good feeling at this community. The atmosphere wasn't one I was comfortable with. The community was more like a campus. The lady we spoke with was very kind and friendly. Overall it just wasn't a community I felt comfortable placing my mother in.

An Outstanding Community

This is truly an amazing community. They are taking very good care of her and her needs. Everyone has been very kind and helpful. The staff is great, they are always willing to help. They do a very good job with the cleanliness,everything looks great. There many activities offered through out the day. My father recently with to a Veterans event they had and he really enjoyed it. The meals are excellent. I'am very pleased with everything they have done for us. I would highly recommend it.

University Village is an excellent facility that is able to provide a wide range of services to residents no matter where they are on care spectrum. It seemed that this facility would be a great fit for people with high level of independence or for those in need of highly skilled care. Those needing moderate levels of care might be served just as effectively at a more moderately priced facility. The size of the main building would be daunting for those with limited mobility.

Mom and I love her new apartment!

I have enjoyed every minute of my experience with University Village. From the receptionist at the front desk to the ladies at the nurses station, my experience has been such a positive one. I was concerned about my Mother being able to settle in there, but she has had absolutely no problem. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help a new resident feel comfortable. She feels totally at home and looks forward to going back to her apartment after I pick her up for some family time. I couldn't be happier!

Wonderful place!!!

University Village is wonderful! My mother is there and me and my husband have even said we want to live there! My mom is definitely being more active here, getting out meet new people. There are a lot of activities, everyone mingles. I feel all of the residents are benifitting from being there. The neighbors watch out for each other. My mom has been to rehab places in the past where she didn't do well. Here she is thriving. She loves her screened in porch, she has her dog with her. Her apartment is perfect, the right size. She loves where it is located, near grocery shopping, gas station, bank, restaurants. Everything is easier. The housekeeping is so sweet, maintenence people are nice. They come to get her garbage. Take care of the landscaping. The community center is nice. It is truly a senior community. The grounds are well lit at night. The staff are responsive, I love everything they have done. They are doing everything perfectly well. This was the happiest place we visited/toured.
Also, A Place For Mom was wonderful to work with while looking for communities.