Brandon Woods at Alvamar - Lawrence, KS

Very Happy Here

This is a wonderful community, I really like it here. They keep the community extremely clean and housekeeping comes everyday to clean for me. They have a wonderful staff here that is always willing to help you and answer all your questions. There are so many activities for me to choose from. I have made some friends with the other residents there is always someone friendly to talk to. The food is excellent and they allow you to choose what you want to eat kinda like a restaurant. I am loving my time here and would highly recommend this community just make sure you down size a bit these places tend to be a little smaller then what you expected.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Brandon Woods has been a good one. It is a nice looking place, and they do a good job keeping everything clean and well kept. The staff are friendly, and take good care of the residents.

This visit was somewhat of ...

This visit was somewhat of a disappointment as they seemed to be 'rattled!' When I arrived no one knew of my arrival and I did not know just where to go as the directions were not clear. It could have been that Jan Maddox was on vacation, and other personnel were not prepared. The accommodations were satisfactory. It was a so-so experience

Looks nice - but care is not

After visiting a friend who had been moved there, what I already knew to be true was confirmed. Call lights go unanswered for LONG periods (15 to 50 minutes!!), bathing/grooming is ignored for days on end, residents are left alone far too long when the shouldn't be, meals are sometimes not delivered to rooms and if they are - placed out of reach of residents who are unable to move about easily. This resulted in my friend losing nearly 15% of his admission weight in less than 2 weeks. I would not recommend this place to anyone!!!