White Oaks of Spring Street - South Elgin, IL

White Oaks of Spring Street - South Elgin, IL has yet not published prices.

Abuse of my 95 Year Old Mother

Upon negotiating with White Oaks, I was told by the then acting Sales Director, that when my 95 year old mother's funds were depleted in 5 months, there would be a medicaid room available at White Oaks for her. My mother moved into White Oaks on March 2, 2019. On April 3, 2019, I was informed by the new executive assistant that there would be no medicaid room available for my mother, that the waiting list was 5 years. I was told to move my mother as soon as possible. On May 4, 2019, I relocated my mother to a medicaid facility. My mother was only at White Oaks for 2 months and they would not return her $3,000.00 community fee. On May 4th, she vacated White Oaks at 10:00 a.m. and she was charged for a full day.

The new executive assistant should have stood behind the commitment of the previous Sales Director. This is an unprofessional way to conduct business.

Every time I visited my mother, she was sitting in front of a television. I never saw her engage in any physical activity. Half of her wardrobe of clothes are missing. I would not recommend White Oaks to my worse enemy.

Well organized, residents playing bingo, singing, bowling. Residents seemed very engaged & happy. Nurse seemed very knowledgeable. Was clean and attractive. Nice size rooms. Bring your own furniture. Bldg is located off the street behind other bldgs. Small pkg lot not much outside area.

I'm holding off on 5 stars until Mom is fully settled in, but have been exceptionally impressed with the level of compassion, care and attention to detail in this intimate private pay community. I hope Mom doesn't outlive her scant assets - a distinct possibility - but in the interim, I'm confident her quality of life will improve dramatically. Having worked in elder care for 30 years, I'm feeling very good about this decision.