Autumn Leaves of St. Charles - Saint Charles, IL

Autumn Leaves of St. Charles - Saint Charles, IL has yet not published prices.

Family-owned and –operated Autumn Leaves of St. Charles, Illinois, is proud to provide exceptional assisted living memory care that truly makes a difference in our resident’s lives.

Visit Autumn Leaves of St. Charles, and you’ll notice the abundant natural light, wide hallways, a secure courtyard, and many other features, all carefully designed to create an environment that’s safe, secure, and calming for our residents.

Our exclusive focus is on providing the best, research-based assisted living memory care for people with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia.

Because caring for those with dementia is the core of our business, every employee at Autumn Leaves is trained in memory care. This includes both the team that works with our residents every day, as well as the corporate office staff.

We make each day count at Autumn Leaves of St. Charles, with our biography-based So Much More™ programming. Our team begins with each resident’s interests, history, and preferences, and fills his or her day with personalized experiences that promote cognition, calm, and moments of joy.

Each resident’s meals are also personalized according to his or her preferences. Our culinary staff is trained specifically to recognize the needs of the individuals in our care. Special occasions and festive experiences also play a part in the dining experience at Autumn Leaves of St. Charles. As a family member of a resident, you’ll be invited to attend these special occasions.

Autumn Leaves has been recognized as one of the “best of the best” providers in dementia care by the Assisted Living Federation of America, the nation’s leading senior living professional organization.

All Autumn Leaves assisted living communities are family-owned and –operated. We strive to provide our residents with the same exceptional care that we would want for our own family members. That’s why you can trust your loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia at Autumn Leaves of St. Charles assisted living memory care. Call us today for a tour to schedule a visit.

Conscientious staff, warm and inviting

Overall Autumn Leaves of St. Charles has friendly and caring conscientious staff. The rooms are very clean and it smells good. It is a smaller community with 48 beds and is all on one floor, so it creates a warmer and homey atmosphere. My husband enjoys the food, the staff he has a very good appetite. They do provide activities for the residents to engage and the staff encourages them to participate. The landscaping outdoors is well-kept and provides nice walkways and sitting areas to enjoy the outdoors. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and our community. We work hard to find staff who are genuinely compassionate and focused on our residents.

Autumn Leaves' care

So far we are pleased with the care [Removed] is receiving. Very professional, sensitive and caring.

Judy Brown

Welcome to the Autumn Leaves family! Thank you for your kind comments. We're so pleased you and your loved one are having such a pleasant experience. Our staff is committed to creating a loving, supportive environment for all of our residents.

A perfect fit!

My mother loves the community. She feels at home and is socializing with the other residents. They have great meals, always hot and 3 snacks a day. It is a much better place than where she was at before, I can not say enough good about them.

Judy Brown

We are grateful to all of our families, like you, who have entrusted their loved ones to our care. Thank you for sharing.

Over the top staff!

The staff at this community are wonderful. I love the way they interact with the residents. The place is very clean and maintained well. They have a lot of social hours for the residents and their families. So far it has been a positive experience.

Judy Brown

We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care.

Nice Option

Autumn Leaves is a good choice for dementia patients who can no longer care for themselves or cannot be cared for at home.
The staff engage the residents in activities to the extent of each resident's abilities and give each resident individual attention as time permits.
The atmosphere is homey and caring. It has much less of an institutional look than some other options. The property is clean and well maintained.
The food is well prepared and tasty. The staff are attentive to the dietary needs of the residents.
Memory care is generally quite expensive and Autumn Leaves is no exception, but it is a labor intensive operation and they run a quality residence.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community.

Great place for mom

Our mother has been there a year and a half, and we've found the care and concern she's gotten to be very positive. I find it interesting that only one other reviewer had a problem and had to complain multiple times. This is a tough job for the staff, and after visiting other facilities, there's no where else I'd place my mother.

Kudos to [Removed] who always keeps the residents as active as they can be and for being so kind to them all.

A caring community

Mom has been living at Autumn Leaves for 3 months now. She tells me she is well cared for & has developed friendships with not only fellow residents but staff as well. The staff is friendly & attentive. I feel this is the best place for my Mom.

Judy Brown

Good care.. family environment excellent support for spouses

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community.

Almost one year

I am very pleased with the care my husband is receiving every day. They understand his needs and limitations and are patient with him. No facility is perfect but this one addresses concerns immediately. Having him there gives me a peace of mind and I trust that they will continue to give him great care.

Judy Brown

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Never

This is the second time in the last two weeks I have done a review for Autumn Leaves. My thoughts and attitude have not changed. I WILL NEVER PLACE MY WIFE AT Autumn Leaves. Lack of observation, CLEANLINESS, attentiveness, very poor attitude shown to her.

I have no reason not to be truthful.

Way overrated, would not recommend to anyone for care of a loved one.
Note; to date, 12 days after, I have not heard from anyone at Autumn Leaves about my wife's "respite stay". Says a lot about the care and concern they advertise.

NOT ACCEPTABLE CARE OR ATTENTION

My wife stayed for a ten day respite because I was out of the country. I brought her in 24 hours before I left.
Was called within 5 hours to be told she had wandered out of the building but was found.
Being unfamiliar with the building she used her room closet as a toilet my son told them what had happened and was told it would be cleaned immediately when he arrived the next day nothing had been cleaned and her bed was wet. She is not as yet incontinent, she just needed to be directed to and shown.
My daughter-in-law visited one morning and Janet got up wearing the clothes she was wearing the day before. My daughter-in-law indicated on one morning Janet was wearing (2) Two sets of outer clothing and no underwear.
When I picked her up on Sunday and brought her home her clothes were soiled and I could tell she had not been bathed in a while.
It is now Friday afternoon and I have not heard from anyone at Autumn Leaves
I would never recommend Autumn Leaves to anyone

Judy Brown

I want to personally apologize for any issues that were not addressed in a manner as timely as you would like, and want to assure you that we are taking immediate steps to review your concerns. We have already contacted our staff in St. Charles to share your comments.
Finally, as distressing as it is for us to hear about your unhappiness, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Memories for Mom

We placed my mom in this facility in early January (2016) and we have had the most caring and compassionate transition possible. The staff is wonderful and has made our entire family (most importantly my mom) feel so safe and loved. We feel very blessed to have this facility for my mom.

Judy Brown

This has been a great place for my dad. There are activities every day for him to attend and he is getting great care. The staff is wonderful and so caring. It is a very family oriented place and it is great to know we can stop by any time of day or night to see my dad. It brings peace of mind to know he is being well cared for. It has been an answer to my prayers!

Judy Brown

We want you to know that we are always grateful to our family members for the trust they have placed in us to care for their loved ones.

Betty Ludwig

Thank you Al Arellano and Staff for getting our Mother in to your place as fast as you were able to during our quick need to place her. We called on Superbowl Sunday and you dropped everything to work on getting her into St. Charles till your new site close to out home would open. You and your staff went up and above to help us. We love both places she has been in and look forward to visiting her and staff as we have made some new good friends in your staff and people in your Community.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind review. We’re always thrilled to hear from family members who were pleased with the care we provided to their loved ones.

Love Autumn Leaves in St. Charles

The staff provides individual attention and care to each resident. Everyone is known by name and they can easily tell you all of thier likes and dislikes. The staff is always visable and friendly

very good job

They have done a very good job at making my parents feel welcome. They keep an eye on them, but are patient and let them settle in in their own way.

If there is anything that could be improved it's the food.

For the most part they've just been fabulous. And they are the only place that I found where mom and dad could both stay together in the same room and sleep in the same bed as they always have and we only have to pay for one room as opposed to paying for two people. There is a fee for having two people instead of one, but it's not double, whereas every single other place I looked was.

Autumn Leaves Review; Saint Charles

After touring over a dozen memory care facilities it was easy to choose Autumn Leaves. The entire facility is dedicated to memory care so the residents have full use of the entire home. Other places I went to only had one or two wings/floors for these individuals which really limited thier ability to roam. There are many sitting areas and rooms that the residents can sit and relax in with others or alone. In the summer, the enclosed patios add a lot more common space. The staff is always friendly and interacting with the residents. Their attentiveness and visability is consistent no matter what time of day or day of the week. Everyone is greeted by name and it is evident that they know each resident on a personal level.

Inviting Active Family Environment!

First choice! Because of the story behind this community. It was founded by a woman who lost her husband, she found nothing to cater to his needs, family run, feels like a large house, open patio, safe for the residents, kitchen that family can come and have a meal together, four wings, each one was different themes to easily find your room. Woman who showed me around was fabulous. I had been there before so it was familiar. I can come and go as I please, and I can overnight. They were very active with the residents, interacting in the living rooms.In Crystal Lake and they are building one in Arlington Heights.

Respite Stay

My husband was well cared for and the staff all knew him by name. They even did the laundry although I did not ask them to. Still looking for his gym shoes but I am sure they will turn up.
This was the only place that would care for him for less than 2 weeks. It was a value for $175.00 per day. He had his own room with a bathroom. He was getting up my himself which he was not always doing before. The floor plan is excellent for walking and there are many places to go and visit or sit.
He seemed to do well and did not complain at all. Our 3 boys, as well as many friends, visited him and they all remarked on how pleasant Autumn Leaves was.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your post. We always appreciate positive comments from our family members, and we’re glad to hear you’re happy with Autumn Leaves of St. Charles.

Attentive and engaged staff!

Moving my Mom in here last week went very well. The staff welcomed her warmly. The management staff is very hands on which I think is awesome! The nursing staff was attentive and honest which I appreciate versus just having them tell me what they think I want to hear. No place is perfect but what I think I appreciate the most about Autumn Leaves so far is how much the staff here have shown a genuine interest in my Mom, our family, and all of the residents. It is refreshing!

I had a good interview and ...

I had a good interview and tour,very clean and caring staff.jocelyn is so sweet.

Awesome awesome awesome. T...

Awesome awesome awesome. The place was clean friendly and warm. The staff was kind caring and knowledgeable of the issues concerning my mom

Some constructive criticism

The care is hard to know, they wrote up a care plan but there's no way for me to know how the care was. There were no notes, there was no feedback on anything, I assumed things were fine because she looked fine when I picked her up but I don't know what she did day to day. Here's what the issue was, we were very pleased with the people there when we met them and they did a daily plan, there was nobody signing off everyday saying what was done and there were no notes kept when we got back to see "this is what happened." No plan goes exactly as planned, but that would improve the credibility. Developing a plan is good, but some documentation that showed that the plan was inacted would be beneficial.
The experience was quite positive, our comments are to improve it. One other thing that was a major concern for us is they have a sign in sheet at the door but they did not enforce that people sign in. My neighbor came in and visited, they never asked her her name or had her sign her name and she even took her out of the building. When we came back they couldn't even tell us if someone had come to visit.