Brookdale Denton North - Denton, TX

Brookdale Denton North - Denton, TX has yet not published prices.

The staff, director, and admin team are wonderful

My mom has dementia and she’s transitioned very well here. She says that the food is great and each day and each meal is different. They serve the same meal to everybody but there are different meals every day of the week. From what I’ve seen, they don’t have a lot of fried food. I think they have a good balance of protein and vegetables and they get a salad for lunch and dinner as well as a dessert. The facility is kept very clean and they clean her room once a week as well as do her laundry several times a week. It is assisted living so each person has their own private room and there are individuals that might have accidents so the odor can be evident but I’ve been very impressed overall with the cleanliness. They have a few activities available like crafts and trivia, but there are different activities every day. Some days they’ll have spa days for the ladies where they’ll do their nails and hair, some days they’ll sing hymns, and they have field trips where they’ll take the residents on a bus to different places. They really offer different varieties of things for those who are able to participate. The one thing that’s really helped my mom has been the staff, the director, and the administrative people. They’ve been wonderful in helping us with any questions we have and being able to direct us to the right places. They’ve been kind, gracious, very patient, and they sit down with us whenever we need them to. They’re even helping us figure out how Medicaid is going to work when my mom eventually has to use it. I would definitely recommend them.

A nice community

We liked this community when our loved one stayed here. The staff were friendly and helpful. The community was clean and the food was good. They did offer some daily activities. I would recommend this community.

Our Thoughts On the Tour

They were a pretty good community to see and I thought is was a good tour. The person who showed us the place was professional and able to answer any questions we had. I saw the staff who were great and helpful. While
nothing was wrong with the community, we thought it was not a good fit for a mom. The rooms were smaller and a spacious room was desired.

Great Care for a good friend.

I am happy with the care that my friend is getting from the care of this community. I have seen the meals that are served here and it is very nice. The community is clean and very nice. She is participating in a lot of the activities that are offered daily. I would highly recommend this community to this family for the nice care and a great value for other for the needs of the families also wanting a secure community.

Things are going very well with my in-laws since they've moved to Brookdale Denton although I do think they are a bit short staffed. Other than them being short staffed, they are responsive and readily available. I am not sure they have too many activities for the residents besides bingo, and I am hoping they can be more attentive to things like bathing.

Brookdale North a great place to live

I moved my father in to Brookdale Feb 1. The staff is great!!!
They are compassionate, caring and kind. I have watched them interacting with other residents when they didn't know I was watching. They are always so patient, and kind with each person. The cook was wanting to know the likes and dislikes of my fathers diet and made the meals he especially liked. All of the staff is absolutely great!!!
We are so pleased with placing my father at Brookdale North and the care he is receiving. They have made what could have been a very difficult transition better than we had hoped for. Thank you!!!!

Great Place To Be

Mom moved into Brookdale not too long ago and things seem to be going well. She partakes in the activities although the activities are not as consistent as they could be. She seems to have made some friends although she is not very social. Overall the experience has been a good one so I guess I'd recommend them if need be.

I would not place anyone that you love in this facility. There is no consistency of personnel. My mother was there for one year and in that time she was taken to the emergency room twice - once for dehydration (my mother had to call her grandson and tell him she was sick) and had to spend several months in rehab; the other for her second fall. We were not informed of the second trip to the emergency room and when we requested an update on her condition, Brookdale never called to let us know. The blood on the carpet was still not cleaned up a week later. She spent the majority of her time in her bed. My mother was coherent enough to call me at work to let me know that she was sick and needed to go to the hospital. She was very adamant that she was sick and no one was helping her. When I called the facility, they got mad at me for questioning their professionalism and assured me that she was fine. When I visited my mom the next week her tongue was so swollen she could not talk. She had lost so much weight and looked so pitiful that I thought for sure she was on her death bed. When brought to the attention of the staff they said, "Oh yes, it is swollen." The "nurses" that checked on her were visiting nurses that serviced several facilities and none knew of my Mother's condition without having to check records because the nurses kept changing. When I would call no one could tell me how she was doing as far as medications because there was always someone new I had to talk with. At one point, one of the staff members tried to put one family member against another family member regarding my Mother's care. While at Brookdale my mother always insisted she was sick. We have now moved my mother to Autumn Leaves where she is doing amazingly well. She is gaining weight, is up all day rather than in bed, and is much more alert. We are extremely pleased!

Cristin very helpful. I like this place. First one that had locked entrance and like that it is small. Plan follow up

We were pretty happy with them, except for some billing issues.

We were pretty happy with them, except for some billing issues. They took good care of my loved one, and were very friendly. He was comfortable and had a nice apartment. We did have some issues with the billing department, and finding charges for things we didn't use. When there was an incident they were very responsive, and called us right away.

Nice place, overall

I think they do a good job overall at Brookdale Denton North! The people here are very friendly, and they do a great job taking care of the residents. They check on my loved one regularly to make sure everything is going well. I would recommend it to anyone looking into senior care in the area!

WATCH THOSE HIDDEN FEES

MY DAD HAS BEEN THERE A MONTH SO FAR EVERYTHING IS WELL, THE CARE IS GOOD, THE STAFF IS FRIENDLY, AND THE PLACE SEEMS TO BE MAKING MY DAD HAPPY. I ONLY HAVE ONE WARNING TO OTHERS WHICH IS TO MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND ALL THE FEES BEFORE SIGNING ANYTHING. i WAS UNCLEAR ABOUT A SO CALLED COMMUNITY FEE FOR SERVICES AFTER RESIDENT MOVES OUT AND THEY ARE SORT OF PRICEY, BUT WE'RE DISPUTING THAT.

So Thankful

Sterling House has been wonderful for Mom. The people have been so understanding and available to me to help make the move as comfortable as possible. She is making great progress and I couldn't be more happy.

They were very professional.

Everything went just as you would expect. They were very professional. There were no unpleasant smells, it was very clean. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. There were never any complaints about the food.

Nice staff and facility, bu...

Nice staff and facility, but probably not a fit for my dad

Didn't like the atmosphere

We looked into this location when looking into options for my Mom. The facility itself was clean and nice looking, and the staff were friendly, however the atmosphere just wasn't a positive one. It had a depressing atmosphere and the people just seemed sad.

outstanding place for you elderly parent's

I showed unannounced and I was really surprised of the appearance and cleanliness of the facility. All of the employee's are friendly and ready to assist me. I moved my mother in last Monday and she is getting adjusted to her new and beautiful facility.

Clean, lunch smelled good, small room...

Clean, lunch smelled good, small rooms, sun room, sitting areas near rooms, outside area to "putter" in, 3 meals a day, snacks out 24/7; secured front door Located in Denton is a plus and across from Good Sam