Review of Mayberry Gardens - Denton - Denton, TX

I like it here. I feel at home. I like to visit other residents. People are nice.

Review of Mayberry Gardens - Denton - Denton, TX

Resident is happy. Staff is good and caring.

Review of Mayberry Gardens - Denton - Denton, TX

Great family atmosphere and personal care for the folks who live here. Our family member has never been happier.

Review of Mayberry Gardens - Denton - Denton, TX

My father has lived in this community since November of 2016. He is very happy at this community and enjoys the activities that they offer. Our family is grateful for this community and what it provides.

NO assistance with activities of daily living

My parent received poor quality of care. The experience was horrible. There was very minimal to no assistance with activities of daily living. No one helped wash their face/hands or brush teeth in the am or pm or put lotion on them. No one assisted them to the toilet. Often their brief was wet and even times there was no brief on at all.
Medication was missed on several times. No proper qualified supervision or staff. Very high turnover with caregivers. If your family member is self sufficient this is a good place but, if they require help with daily living this is not the place. The caregivers do not know how to speak to the Alzheimer's patient or keep them busy.
No one will acknowledge, address or improve grievances. The supervisor was unresponsive to any concerns.

Adrian Hewitt

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We wish your experience had been better. We try hard to provide a great value and great atmosphere for our residents. We realize we are far from perfect and in your situation left much to desire. This review is anonymous but if you would like to share any additional concerns about the house your parent is or was in, feel free to email us at [removed].

Father's Great Care

We are happy with the care for my father. I like knowing that the staff are caring and attentive. The menu is appealing and he likes the variety and They keep the community very clean and maintained. The activities are offered to him. We would recommend this community for great care and value.

Has the Proper Ratio Patients Verses Staff

This is a very lovely facility. The staff ratio versus residents seems to be well portioned. The residents seem happy and engaged in activities. The community was clean. I would love to place my mother here I believe she would get much better care here and the hospice agency would get much better treatment, however, there is a lengthy waiting list.

Adrian Hewitt

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that our wait list is very high right now. We would love to care for your loved one and get an opportunity to show you we are a five star community.

We appreciate the kind words and hope you find the right fit for your mother!
Mayberry Gardens Administration

Friendly Staff!!

I thought the staff where very friendly to my loved one and I during my tour of this community. They where on time to our appointment and made to take there time with us during our visit. They gave us lots of great information and showed us many of the different rooms. It was just not the right location in the end decision.

Is this facility a candidate for our family member: yes. The facility with B type care would be be a good fit as the type of care matches the needs of what we are looking for. After reviewing with my wife she recommended that the public bathrooms are more frequently tended to and that all other areas are really clean.

Adrian Hewitt

Thank you for the review and the feedback. We will make sure our staff are cleaning the public bathrooms to bring up the level of cleanliness and hope to bring it to a level where you would feel comfortable giving us five stars for cleanliness.

Very nice. Had more like an individual living atmosphere. However no registered elder or nurse care employees. I feel like my mom would be bored with not having enough activity at the facility. But it was nice and friendly employees. Staffed with caring people.

Accommodating With Homelike Atmosphere

My mom is in the assisted living and they have been great. The staff were very accommodating and the community has a very homelike atmosphere. It is very nice looking and clean. She gets to be with the nice tenants and does activities like dancing and exercising. It has been very helpful for the staff to be on top of her medication, that was a challenge.

A family type environment!!

The staff are great and I like all of them. The food is good, however some days are better than others. They offer a lot of daily activities. The community is well taken care of and I would recommend it.

She likes it, it's really nice and the staff is really friendly.

She likes it, it's really nice and the staff is really friendly. She was 100% against it, but we didn't have much choice. She was mad at me when she heard I was checking into it. When I went to tour they had me go home and bring her back to see it. She changed her mind completely, and said well if I have to go can I just go now. The staff has been amazing, I have been in and out at all times of the evenings, they keep the residents busy, but aren't forceful about it. They let you paint or decorate the room, and really make it your own,the only rule was no smoking in the building, but they get to set their own schedule, they don't force them to be so regimented. They let them make their own decisions. They try to learn the things people like so they can personalize meals and things and make sure to add those things in once in a while. It really has been great!

We had a good tour!

This community was more like a home. It is smaller beautiful community. We did not feel this place was the right fit for mom. The staff were nice and helpful.

Greatly Recommened

This is a nice community for good care. The staff is excellent and always try and help in everyway to make sure things are taken care of for my husband. The food is good and a variety is excellent. Activities are offered for those who want to participate. Very clean environment