Senior Star at Wexford Place - Kansas City, MO

• Respite care available
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Anytime Dining
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Nurse Practitioners
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Resident Activites
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Free Assessment
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living

Very nice facility but on the larger side

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. This is a very nice community and at the time that we visited, they only had the largest apartments available. My mom has some difficulty seeing and this facility was just too large for her to get around easily. The marketing director was knowledgeable and they followed up with us to see how we were doing with our search. I would recommend this community to other families.

Wexford Place

I was very impressed when I visited Wexford Place and signed my father up that day. I now have the peace of mind that he's well taken care of and can't walk out of the facility since he has dementia. The staff is wonderful and when I toured the facility everything was fully explained. My father feels at home and seems to fit in there. Thank you!

Senior Star

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy that your father feels at home and part of the Senior Star family.

Senior Star

Wexford is a great place. Mom felt right at home from the minute we came through the door. I had toured the place first, and it made our "short list" of places for mom to visit. They have many floor plans to choose from, and we found a larger one-bedroom that fit her perfectly. On the tour, she met several residents, including a lady she bonded with right away. Wexford's website includes a "room planner" where you can not only view floor plans, but even place furniture in it to see how things fit. We did this with Mom ahead of time, and when we got in the unit, she already knew where things would go.

Don't worry about your loved one--Wexford could be your answer.

My Dad (now 92) lived at Wexford Place for over three years. He and I both knew he was in the right place. I always rested easily knowing he was in good hands and surrounded by a caring, compassionate, highly qualified staff who went above and beyond to meet his every need. Dad moved recently due medical issues. If I had to do this over again, I'd definitely choose Wexford Place. Dad and I were both blessed to have crossed their path; my only regret is that he is no longer a resident.

2013...A new beginning, a new home and a new lifestyle.

In 2013, my husband and I decided, at 75 and 77 years old, to downsize and move from our home to a Retirement Facility. Our first choice would be to stay in the same area. Out of four selections, we chose Wexford Place and it was only 8 miles from our home. We fell in love with the 2-bedroom, 2 bathroom floor plan. The Staff was the next reason for our choice. They are knowledgeable, competent and very friendly. We have become close friends with many of the staff members... and residents. The next reason was the food. It is very good and all the dining room staff members are efficient and friendly. The final reason; a resident has input into what activities are available and can make suggestions for anything about the facility. You are NOT just a number, you are an individual and called by your first name by all who work here. We made the best choice for our health and circumstances.

Love This Community

We have both my parents here and they love it. Things just couldn't be better for both of them. They are both quite busy with all the activities they are doing. They love the food and my mom loves it because she doesn't have to think about planning the meals or cooking them. The staff is wonderful very nice and caring. The community offers different levels of care starting from independent then going to assisted living then to memory care which is extremely nice.

Wonderful Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my mother since she made the move into this community. The staff are all wonderful and I am comfortable with the quality of care they have provided her. She has been enjoying all of the nutritious meals they provide her and has been participating in activities with the other residents from time to time. Overall its been a pleasant experience and we are pleased.

Mom has a wonderful apartment and view

The food is good and they offer healthy options. They are accommodating, if you do not like what is made you may request something different. The staff are encouraging and keep me informed of mom's care. She likes the music activities they offer. This is a very nice community and it is close to family. I would recommend this community.

Wexford Makes Residents Feel Like Family

Wexford is simply fantastic in every way! My mom has lived there for 6 weeks and has never been happier! Food is great and it's so friendly, both the residents and employees! They keep us so informed and I feel keep a close watch on my mom to be sure she is well and eating her meals. My family feels very confident in the care that my mom is receiving! They've put a " spring back in her step"! They are so welcoming to all the visiting family members!

A nice your for care .

I toured this community for the care of my mom. This community is larger then what I was looking for. I liked the staff who where able to answer my questions. The menu was appealing. I would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a familiy member.

All is Well for Mom

Everything is going well for my mother with her move to this community. She has been the transition into this community very well. The staff is taking good care of and her, and needs. All is well for my mother in this community.

Lovely fellowship

I have recently moved into this community and so far I am pleased with how things are going for myself. My apartment is spacious and comes with a full kitchen and extra room for my personal things. I would have to say my favorite thing about this place is the fellowship. All of the residents have been friendly and have really taken the time to make sure I feel welcome and at home. I also like that I don't have to eat alone anymore and that I am constantly surrounded by great company.

A good fit!

My mother was reluctant to move into a community but so far it has been a good thing for her. The place is wonderful, during our visits it is always clean and cheerful. I've had one meal with her, and it was good. They call me if she forgets to tell them that she will not be going down for a meal to make sure everything is okay, there is a lot of people looking out for her and keeping her safe.

We could not have been more impressed with the staff and facilities here. A spacious 2-bedroom apartments was their wish and this fits the bill. Also important to them was a dining room with a 2-hour window of time to dine and this was available.

Too Big!

The senior star was a large community with elevators which I did not like. Also, they wanted to nickel and dime me with the medication, they had a chart of how much each thing cost, it was too much. The place overall was clean and well maintained.

My Mom Is Enjoying It

My mom is happy with her new community and the care has been fine. She has nice and friendly staff who I am able to communicate with well. My mom likes the meals that are prepared and she thinks it is good. There are plenty of activities for my mom to participate in.

A Good Community

Things are going okay for my father since his move into Wexford Place. He is still adjusting with the transition into the community. The community is pretty clean they are always cleaning. The staff has been helpful and kind to us. They are attentive to my father and his needs and that is nice to see. He enjoys the food and has made a few new friends. I would recommend this community.

Needs better management

The staff here is really nice and attentive to the residents. The activities could improve i heard they left a residents at the store once. The food is good but its the same thing every week. Management is horrible Dorothy to be exact. Every time i talk to her i get the feeling she is annoyed. She rolls her eyes alot and talks down to her staff. My mom loves living here but tells me not very good thigs about Dorothy the administrator. This place is overall about the money.

Senior Star

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. The heart and soul of our mission and business are about resident and family care. To the extent that you are not seeing nor feeling that, we would like to offer our sincere apologies. We have shared your feedback with the greater Wexford Place team. We are proud to offer several unique Signature Programs, top-of-the-line cuisine, and specific protocols to assure resident safety. We encourage residents and family members to reach out to any of our associates to offer ways we can improve these program and cuisine offerings. Please feel free to reach out to the Wexford Place team to share your feedback so we have the opportunity to reach your level of expectation in all areas. Thank you for entrusting your mother to us. It is an honor and a privilege for which we are deeply grateful.

Needs better management

We had a good tour.

I liked this, the location was perfect for me. We had a good tour. This was my first choice. Mom wanted to stay in Kansas so we didn't choose this, but it was nice.

Excellent Staff !

So far everything is going great with my sister in law move into the community. The place is very clean and look super nice. The staff here is excellent never have I had a problem with them they are helpful and really nice. They have a lot of activities for the residents so that is very nice. The food here is excellent I really enjoy it ! We have no problems here everything is going well. I would recommend this community to anyone.

The staff is extremely attentive, the environment is business oriented and everyone works together in sync.

I couldn't be happier with them.

I couldn't be happier with them. It's extremely clean. Everyone has been really nice to her. The food is kind of neutral. I think part of the reason why she is getting such good care is because I am on top of them, and I call and talk to the nurses all the time. We liked how homey it was, especially on the memory care.

Pretty good place

Pretty good place. The staff seems to care and really enjoy helping others. The building is nice and clean, and the cafeteria is great. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but so far so good.

The staff knows everyone by name

The one thing that impressed me was that the staff knows everyone's name. The place is really clean and my Mom enjoys it there. The only improvement would be that they need to check their sign in/sign out sheet more often. Sometimes when I take my Mom out of the building they call me asking where she is at.

Impressively Friendly

I think that one of the most impressive things is they learn everyone's name so they know who you are when you walk in the door and they make some kind of statement about how your loved one is doing and they make it feel that everyone there is special.

Everything Has Been Great

I can not really tell you about improvements because everything has just been top-notch. The food manager always tries to accommodate if there are any requests or suggestions. Everyone is just very helpful and everything has been great.

Incredibly accommodating staff

Even though I haven't actually moved in yet I have nothing but good things to say about the service at Wexford Place. They've been a huge help to me throughout the whole touring and move-in process. They kept me up to date on their openings and got right in touch with me once they had an opening that met all my requirements. They've really gone out of their way to make sure it will be a perfect fit, as well! They added some extra lighting to assist with some vision difficulties I have, and they screened in the patio so that I can let my cats out for some fresh air.

It's The Best Place

My aunt and her husband have only been there a little over a month, but so far everything is going well. I am really satisfied. I like the people, they are very nice and work with you. I think it's the best place for them.

Very frustrating experience.

We were assured that her condition would improve, instead it declined. I was concerned about this moving in, especially because of the large non-refundable community fee. They assured me it would not be a problem, but now they are asking us to leave, because they are not able to provide the care, and there will be no refund of the community fee. I like the facility I wish we didn't have to leave it. The administrators seem to be the problem. The nurses are great. It's always very clean, and the food was fine. The daily staff has been great. There were some discrepancies in the care file, but I think that also has to do with the administration.

Seemed like a very nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Wexford Place was a very nice looking assisted living community! The facility itself was clean and well kept, and the staff we met all seemed friendly. They are definitely worth a look if you're searching for options in the area!

Wonderful

We are very impressed with every aspect of Wexford Place!

It was not a good experience.

We used both the independent living, and the memory care here. I thought it would have better care, or at least pay better attention. They didn't really know her. It was not a good experience. The food wasn't very good. It's a beautiful facility and location, but that's not the important part. They don't communicate when they reassess, or raise prices and rates. They would hire a caregiver, and the next day they would be gone.

Not much Medical Help - AND They Are Raising Rents 4.5% YEARLY!

If you have Lots And Lots of MOney it's good.

Not a long stay

i was very happy with the community overall everything I felt was just fine. Their staff was always full, and residents seemed happy

Memory Support Unit

Our mother is in the Memory Support U nit. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. I'm not so sure of the activities because when I have been there, they are all doing something but when my sister goes, the residents are all sitting around. No one gets to lay in bed and they have a wonderful companion dog that my mother loves. There have been a few things misplaced and the staff has worked to rectify the situation. It is very clean and everyone is always smiling and that's not because they see me looking at them.

Wonderful facility

Everyone seems to treat my mother with respect and she does seem happy even through she wants to go home. But when I have been there she has been awake but it ready to move, I just wish it wasn't so expensive for my Dad - he said it takes everything from him every month she lives there,

We are very pleased with Wexford Plac...

We are very pleased with Wexford Place--the staff are warm and friendly, the grounds are beautiful and the apartments are spacious and well-planned. The staff is very professional and everything has been handled quite well.

Review of Wexford Place Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Kansas City, MO

Toured a long time ago and really liked loved it. Know they could not afford anything but maybe an assisted living studio not the memory care at all. Beautiful facility and gardens and location so convenient. May need to tour again the studio. This would be my first choice if we could afford it. Need to crunch some numbers.

They are doing a very good job so far.

They are doing a very good job so far. I haven't had any complaints from my mother, she seems to enjoy the food and activities. The staff is very friendly, and the community is kept clean. They are very responsive to me and are good with communication. We chose them based on the staff here, and how friendly they were.

Great environment !

Wexford is a wonderful environment we were impressed with everything and the nursing staff . The only thing that we were lacking was a detailed orientation on how everything works as far a what is provided and what is not provided and how to go about setting up Dr appointments and having our loved one taken to them if we are not available etc. This is a totally new experience for us and did not know to ask. It would be helpful for other people in the same situation. There could also be a little better communication at times over all.

Linda and all the people at...

Linda and all the people at Wexford were very warm and friendly. I enjoyed my visit and the speaker after the tour.

This community is very clos...

This community is very close to my home, but too far north for my sister. They are going to continue to update carpet, etc as the year goes on. They are currently redoing the dining room and it will be fabulous. The staff knew residents names and visa versa. There were numerous activities, transportation provided, indoor pool, various floor plans,and if the cookies I had were any indication the food is fabulous! The best comment was from a resident who said, 'I don't like it here I LOVE it here!' I think that says it all.

Genuine Care

It's clear the staff genuinely cares about my dad and the people who live here. I have peace of mind knowing dad will be taken care of with respect, dignity and love. Thank you!

I had toured Wexford before...

I had toured Wexford before your recommendation. I love it, but cannot afford it. It was everything I wanted but the cost is too much for us to proceed.

Satisfied customer

We are very pleased with Wexford Place it is a new, clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful ! Our loved one seems to be quite happy there doing activities and going on outings.

Very nice!

Overall things have gone very well at Wexford Place! It's a very nice looking community, and they do a good job keeping everything looking clean and well kept. We struggled a bit initially getting her medication service set up correctly, but it all worked out eventually. The staff here are great, they are very caring and friendly, and you can really see it in the way they treat the residents. The administration have been very good as well, they respond quickly to any questions and requests you might have.

Friendly and happy residents

Things seems to be going very well at Wexford Place. The staff are all very friendly, and the facility itself is attractive and clean. They have a lot of activities that really seem to bring the residents together, and everyone here seems social and happy.

I really like them. It's very clean, and the staff is great, very helpful, and very friendly. The food has been great. She has enjoyed everything she has had. I would recommend this place to anyone, I would live here when I get to that age. The residents were also very friendly here, which is one reason we chose them.

Wexford review.

We found the entire organization to be friendly, accommodating and helpful. We recommend this facility to anyone looking for senior care.

I have nothing but good things to say...

I have nothing but good things to say about Wexford Place. So far, everything has been great and I have been very pleased. I can't think of anything they could use improvement on yet, but it's only been a short while. I really do believe that the caring attitude of the staff is the one thing that really stood out to me.

Not a good fit for Mom

This place did not seem like it would be a good fit for Mom. It was very large, and would have been difficult for Mom just to get around, there was a lot of space between the rooms and the common areas. The furnishings also seemed outdated, I noticed that instead of specifically built walk-in tubs they had modified the older tubs to be slightly easier to get into.

Safe and Happy

After contacting A Place for Mom my sister and I visited four different facilities. All were very helpful and then we decided that Wexford Place was the best choice for our Mother. Wexford was very helpful in all the steps of the move. My sister took mom to see Wexford and they did everything possible to make her welcome. It took some convincing but she finally agreed this would be best for her.
There was a bit of a rough start but the staff and residences helped and I am thankful that mom now seems happy and we know she is safe.

Couldn't compete with other price

It was fine, a lot of it boiled down to the price. They were very nice and the people were nice and everything, but they were considerably more expensive than Garden Village at the time.

Very Happy!

It's been very good. My father-in-law doesn't participate in anything but from what I can see it looks like they have a lot of good things. He did go to a luau and he thought that was quite fun. Overall we're very happy with it.

They made it very easy. They were understanding and didn't hover. My father-in-law didn't want a lot of attention and they seemed to find that right balance between making him feel welcome and not bothering him at the same time.

His apartment had new carpet, was freshly painted and very clean. Wexford Place seemed to have the best value.

Nice

This was my second choice. It was between this place and another one but because the other one was so close to my house, that was an easy decision.

This one was more homey instead of be...

This one was more homey instead of being like a home for the elderly. The other places we looked at just didn't have that homey feel to them. Their staff is just wonderful, and will do anything for the residents there. They go out of the way to make sure everything is clean and well-cared.

I'm ready to move in myself! It's a nice place and if there's anything wrong they come and fix it right away. My mother's feeling better and not so stressed out like she was when she was living in her home. Her face isn't distressed like it was before, and I don't have to worry about her anymore. She's even getting around better now. On a 10 out of 10, this is 150! I can't say enough good things about this place.

They go to the store, and they'll even go shopping for her if she doesn't feel like going herself.

Opens in December for Assisted Living

The community was very nice and very pretty. The assisted living portion is still not open and will not be open until December. It will be a brand new assisted living community. Currently they only have independent living. It seems like they would be a great community with just about anything you will need for your loved one. We needed immediate availability so we could not wait for them to be available.

Highly Recommended!

It's great! They make them feel welcome and right at home. The people that are living there are part of the sucess of it too. They're very welcoming and friendly. Wexford Place has met all of our expectations and what we were looking for. I'd highly recommend the place.

Met with Pam. Great locati...

Met with Pam. Great location with easy access; somewhat dated but well maintained. Currently building new assisted living and memory care facility on the property. Staff was very welcoming, including housekeeping and dining room staff. Everyone spoke to me, even the residents. Amenities were plentiful and included indoor swimming pool. No garages but covered parking is available. Rooms were a little dated and small, kitchens did not have full size appliances and no dining area. Washer-dryer hookups not common and had to be placed on upper floor for venting.

Very nice facility, clean, ...

Very nice facility, clean, lots of amenities. Price is on the high side.

Nice place. Single apt can...

Nice place. Single apt can have a stackable washer/dryer. Otherwise, there is a common area for laundry.

Liked this one best - visited recently

Liked this one best - visited recently

very friendly staff, catholic service...

very friendly staff, catholic services on site, lots of activities. one bedroom avail.

More independent living than Mom can ...

More independent living than Mom can do. They were extraordinarily helpful and welcoming. Simply not what my mom could handle.

Really nice but may be too independen...

Really nice but may be too independent for my dad. Assigned seating in dining room, but larger tables. They choose all meals for the week, which would be good.

Welcome to Senior Star at Wexford Place! Wexford Place is an independent living community in Kansas City, MO. With every turn of the corner, visitors to Wexford Place discover another layer of our community’s commitment to the health and livelihood of our residents. On any given day you can participate in a water aerobics class in our indoor pool, have your hair done in the salon, stimulate your brain in our Posit Science Mind Matters program, play the washboard in the house band, or enjoy some quiet time to yourself by the fireplace. And that is just a short list of what we offer.

Our individual residences are attractive and bright – waiting for you to add your personal touches with your own cherished belongings. The Wexford Place’s community living areas and dining rooms welcome you to share stories and make new friends. And because everything is meticulously maintained – with housekeeping and linen service provided, you never have to worry about repairs, cleaning or yard work. Residents' families appreciate the peace of mind they gain by knowing that their loved ones live in a community that supports independence, encourages socialization and wellness and helps their loved one experience a fulfilling lifestyle.

Every year, we talk with thousands of families as they explore their options for transitioning into a senior living community. We find that most families desire the same things for themselves and their loved ones. Safety and security. Comfortable, supportive surroundings. A healthy lifestyle and well-being. A little help when it's needed. Indeed, these are the very basics. And we believe we do them extremely well.

We invite you to come and experience life at Wexford Place today!