Healthcare Resort of Kansas City - Kansas City, KS

New facility but felt institutionalized

While we were touring this facility, we noticed that it is a very new facility and the décor is very modern. While on the tour, they had us try the food and it was really good. What really turned me off about the facility is that a lot of the time while we were there, you didn’t see anyone doing anything. No one was around and there weren’t a lot of activities. The staff was friendly but the community felt institutionalized. I would recommend this facility.

Exceptional

Healthcare Resort is excellent. The staff is very personal with their care, and I found it impressive that in the short time that my dad has been there, everyone has been very friendly, they’ve called him by name, and they’ve been very attentive. They do a great job, and everyone is very happy and cordial to everyone. The food is very good as well, and my dad only has good things to say about it. The place is exceptionally clean, homey, and comfortable as well. It feels more like a hotel than a facility. I have also helped to coordinate a field study program between the students at KS University and Healthcare Resort to provide extra services to the residents, free of charge. Healthcare Resort has been great, and I’d absolutely recommend it to others.

Choice for mom's care

We toured this community and we felt like it was more like a hospital feeling and not an active community. The staff was nice, but we wanted an apartment living environment. The rooms were nice and on the large size. We would recommend that families take a tour to see if this is what they want due to so many choices inside the community

From Rehab to Becoming a Resident

My mom doing good and the staff are taking care of her very well, including what the other communities did not want to assist my mom with. The staff are helping her get as comfortable as could be. A Place For Mom gave me a list of places and when we came here, it looked very nice.

Medical care and staff knowledge if very lacking.

Moved dad in last week due to fall risk and health issues needing skilled nursing assistance. Facility has failed to get into their system he is diabetic despite daily discussions, they lost his insulin, and had not checked blood sugar levels until I insistent last night. As expected they were high and as a result dad was very lethargic. When I came into the room his oxygen was blowing in his eyes, not in his nose and personal care items were not being addressed. To top it off, I found staff did not realize their dining tables were adjustable, so they could have easily enabled his wheel chair to fit under the table... how can a care facility not know that about their own site! Very frustrated with the lack of medical care.

Lazy Lazy Lazy

My sister was in this facility for rehab. The nurses are the laziest people I have ever encountered. They refuse to acknowledge patients and family members who approach the nurses station. Multiple times I saw nurses [Removed] behind doors when someone was approaching their desk. By contrast, OT and PT are excellent. DO NOT let a loved one go to this facility.

Great community!

The community and staff at the Healthcare Resort of Kansas City have been absolutely wonderful. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The staff have been easy to work with and they communicate well with the family. The community is very nicely kept and updated throughout. My mother has enjoyed the variety of healthy and tasteful meals served.

I would give the food a 5!!!

We have had a good experience with this newer community. The staff are nice and we have good communication with them. My sister is still getting settled in and she is helping with the community to work with activities. They are now working on starting transportation. The community is well maintained and I would recommend it.

One of the best I have ever seen.

My husband was one of the first to be admitted to the rehab unit of this facility. From his first evening there he was treated with concern and respect. The facility is beautiful, the staff are very attentive and the rehab folks are great. They do keep me posted on his progress. There is a chef and a pastry chef. The food is delicious! The office staff are very pleasant to work with. If I ever need rehab, this is where I want to be.